PDA

View Full Version : What to charge per lawn?

lot0210
07-26-2008, 11:38 AM
I know there is probably a thread already on here about this but I feel lazy today. How do I charge for mowing lawns? Is it per hour with a min of 1hr and that rate includes gas and labor plus a portion of maintenance cost per/hr?
Then how do you estimate the cost for big commercial parks per/yr ?
then there are other things like aeration and dethaching ?

This is the only part of this biz i do not understand plz help/

hackitdown
07-26-2008, 12:21 PM
I know there is probably a thread already on here about this but I feel lazy today. How do I charge for mowing lawns? Is it per hour with a min of 1hr and that rate includes gas and labor plus a portion of maintenance cost per/hr?
Then how do you estimate the cost for big commercial parks per/yr ?
then there are other things like aeration and dethaching ?

This is the only part of this biz i do not understand plz help/

Are you being serious? Are you really asking this, or are you making fun of people asking silly questions?

mowerbrad
07-27-2008, 12:14 PM
When ever you price a job you have to price it to cover your costs and still make a profit. Each lawn is different, you need to determine how much fuel you will use, factor in the wear on the equipment, insurance, and any other expense you may have. When looking at the property you should have some idea as to how long it will take you, so then you can factor in the labor costs. Your first few estimates may not be as accurate as you think but you will get better at it as you go. Some lco's have a minimum charge like $35. So you should figure out the minimum you have to make on each lawn to cover your costs.

ALC-GregH
07-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Read,read And More Read...... All The Answers Are In This Forum.

lot0210
07-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Are you being serious? Are you really asking this, or are you making fun of people asking silly questions?

I know it sounds like a joke and people like you is why I almost did not post this.
I know it is a stupidish question but I genuinely do not know that is why I ask.
Sorry if my quest for answers is a joke. I also ask this so I don't become a much despised "Low Baller"

Green Team Landscaping
07-28-2008, 06:23 PM
For an estimate say what you think is fair, and will still make you money. Go by the size, obstacles, GRASS QUALITY, etc.

bone1
07-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I know it sounds like a joke and people like you is why I almost did not post this.
I know it is a stupidish question but I genuinely do not know that is why I ask.
Sorry if my quest for answers is a joke. I also ask this so I don't become a much despised "Low Baller"

yeah, if you don't know you got to ask. read mowerbrad's post. that's good info for you! good luck!