PDA

View Full Version : Anyone asked to wash windows?

detroitjoker
07-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Hello all,

Been a succesful first year. Up to 25 accts so far and still getting calls. I do some odd jobs as well.
The other day, I had a customer ask me what I would charge him for his winders to be washed. I offer the service, but never really expected to get a residential market. Told him $5 a window, exterior only and he jumped all over it. Did his house and daughters house in less than an hour for $70. Is this an untapped market????? Anyone do any window washing residentially?

topsites
07-26-2008, 12:46 PM
No but there's too many Lco's ALL offering the same dang services so if you can
find something unique like window washing and get paid for doing it then I say do it.

One it gets you into a niche, two it gets you out of my hair :p
Seriously thou it sounds like a good idea, peace out.

nriddle77
07-26-2008, 12:53 PM
I wash windows too. I do mostly commercial but will occasionally do a house. For a small one story house I will charge $80 for inside and outside windows.

bohiaa
07-26-2008, 02:54 PM
I too had a customer who wanted windows washed "outside" we did this and also changed light bulbs on several diffrent outside poles... Made out like a bandit.....

WE have toyed with the ideal of Pool cleaning.

SamTheLawnMan
07-26-2008, 06:58 PM
I too had a customer who wanted windows washed "outside" we did this and also changed light bulbs on several diffrent outside poles... Made out like a bandit.....

I know a guy who used to cut grass but now cleans pools.
One day he was asked by one of his lawn customers to clean her poll and it snowballed.
He was telling me he charges a flat rate to clean the pools...something like $140 a month for up to 4 visits....he said it takes him like 20 minutes or so per poll..
I'm seriously thinking about doing it...

MileHigh
07-26-2008, 07:57 PM
windowwasherssite.com

poolsite.com

task125
07-26-2008, 08:59 PM
done windows,gutters,fixed sprinkler heads,power washed,anything for a buck

bohiaa
07-26-2008, 10:55 PM

I know a guy who used to cut grass but now cleans pools.
One day he was asked by one of his lawn customers to clean her poll and it snowballed.
He was telling me he charges a flat rate to clean the pools...something like $140 a month for up to 4 visits....he said it takes him like 20 minutes or so per poll..
I'm seriously thinking about doing it...

Were out in the country, and I have 2 customers Begging me to clean there pools, she said the nearest pool cleaner is about 50 miles away, she was informing me that they pay for this guys drive time and such, we really havent taken it seriously, but after your post I think we will look a little harder at it...

Thanks

Allens LawnCare
07-27-2008, 04:36 PM
I started just mowing, and noticed while cutting they had another guy come by and powerwash, do the gutters etc....Most customers would rather pay one guy to do it all. If you have the time, make some money......