PDA

View Full Version : Name for New Company- response?

sdsissom
07-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey Guys,

New here, but have learned so much...Thinking about starting a new lighting company (really smart in this economy, eh?).

The name of:

Ethos Outdoor Lighting

What is the first thing that comes to your mind?
What do you think of it overall?

Thanks so much guys...

Scott

ropinghorns
07-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Something starting with A, so to be first in the advertisments [ei. phone book]

Lite4
07-26-2008, 08:41 PM
Sounds Greek to me. (no pun intended). You are going to have some stiff competition from Tommy, the lighting Geek, who also operates in your area. Is Ethos your last name? I took a lot of time coming up with a variety of names. Your name should say something about you or what it is you bring to the table.

sdsissom
07-26-2008, 08:52 PM
Sounds Greek to me. (no pun intended). You are going to have some stiff competition from Tommy, the lighting Geek, who also operates in your area. Is Ethos your last name? I took a lot of time coming up with a variety of names. Your name should say something about you or what it is you bring to the table.

Yes, Tommy is a great guy and I'm sure he takes the lions share of the lighting jobs out here, but I'm also sure there will be enough work for those who operate with integrity. Also a Unique fan and I'll make sure not to sour the market by offering low, low prices. None of us want to work for free right?

Does this name ring true with anyone else? Or ring badly?

Ethos Outdoor Lighting

Thanks again...

Chris J
07-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Sounds ok to me. If this is your name, then I kind of prefer that. When I started my company, I faced the same dilemma. I went with my name for a better recognition value with my customers. For customers, it's hard trying to remember a company and the owners name. If the company name IS the owner's name, it's just that much more easy to get referrals.
Now, do you have any training and passion, or are you going into this just for the extra money? I'll be the first to tell you that you're barking up the wrong tree if you think this business is easy money. You would be better off offering pressure washing to your existing clients.