PDA

View Full Version : LCO gets charged with Felony Assault

nosparkplugs
07-26-2008, 11:20 PM
My employee's cousin(LCO) caught some young thieves on his personal property stealing/ starting up one of his ZTR mower's on the trailer, others were stealing the handhelds etc. He caught one beating, that one punk thief to the point of unconsciousness, and he is now in the local Trauma unit's ICU with several broken ribs & closed head injury. The police charged the LCO with felony assault in jail right now 150,000 bond:cry:. YOU cannot beat some to the brink of DEATH for stealing.:hammerhead:

Here's the options if you get in this situation: scare them off, do not "fight" them, or Kill them dead with a handgun. Please be careful "defending" your belongings with less than deadly force.

Chilehead
07-26-2008, 11:30 PM
I think the smartest way to stop a thief cold, is with pepper spray, a stun gun, and a rope. If I caught someone trying to rip me off on my property, I'd blast 'em with the fiery heat of habanero extract, immobilize them with the stun gun, and then tie up their ankles and wrists with the rope. Then I would call the police. Man, would that be embarrassing for the crook!

nosparkplugs
07-26-2008, 11:46 PM
I think the smartest way to stop a thief cold, is with pepper spray, a stun gun, and a rope. If I caught someone trying to rip me off on my property, I'd blast 'em with the fiery heat of habanero extract, immobilize them with the stun gun, and then tie up their ankles and wrists with the rope. Then I would call the police. Man, would that be embarrassing for the crook!

questionable choice; however their are more & more cases where less than lethal stun guns / Tazers are causing the same physical trauma as a severe case of whoop arse; their is no carry permit or classes for "less than lethal" methods of defense. Today's thief's are "lawyering up" more and more, and the victim is now on trial.

cpel2004
07-27-2008, 12:19 AM
I'll be more than happy to take that charge and be tried in front of my piers.

Happy Frog
07-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Best way to deal with them is to call the cops reporting the crime as "in progress". It is a higher priority call and will get the thieves arrested.
If you want to get more "involved", you can proceed with a "citizen arrest" and if they threaten your life to the point you fear for it, use deadly force to protect it (better have a good attorney though).

kleankutslawn
07-27-2008, 03:59 AM
hope this ends on a good note!

KS_Grasscutter
07-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Ok, lets think about this. These dudes were trying to steal his stuff, now he is in trouble for protecting HIS stuff on HIS property? WTF? I'd say the thieves damn well got what they deserved.

punt66
07-27-2008, 07:27 AM
I'll be more than happy to take that charge and be tried in front of my piers.

I was thinking the same thing.

PORTER 05
07-27-2008, 08:16 AM
wats this world coming to, first off these idoits shouldnt be stealing stuff, thats so stupid....i hate people

then this guys like im giving you some payback and whopps this guy into shape, so hell never come back...and know hes in jail, LOVE IT

im sure they will let him out when they find out that the ZTR they where trying to steal was worth l;ike $10,000

good luck to him, i hope he gets out...

stupid criminal.

Langford2000
07-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Simple - He should have waited until the mower was being backed off the trailer then stepped behind it. Shot the one on the mower and said the crook was attempting to run him over then the other guy tried to hit him in the head with one of the handheld untis so he shot him as well. Classic case of self defense - two stupid crooks against one hard working armed citizen. Its a sad day in America where someone can infringe on another persons rights then sue that same person for defending themselves. Thats why if the need ever arises to do anything to protect myself I will use only deadly force. Not to sound morbid or Rambo-ish but then there is only one side of the story for the jury to hear.

dcgreenspro
07-27-2008, 01:28 PM
This makes no sense. Two losers steal from a hard working guy and now he suffers because he beat one of em. Sad
Personally, I think this is a better alternative to shooting someone.

white1
07-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Thats BS. I am curious why its felony assault though. Did he hit the guy with anything besides his fist, feet etc? If not, it should still fall under simple assault, and simple battery, both being misdemeanor charges

js.lawn
07-27-2008, 02:24 PM
thief's have rights lol the right to rip u off and then sue u when u beat the crap out of them where r the rights of the owner ummmm there r none welcome to America

punt66
07-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Thats BS. I am curious why its felony assault though. Did he hit the guy with anything besides his fist, feet etc? If not, it should still fall under simple assault, and simple battery, both being misdemeanor charges

More than likely its because of the severity of the beatings. The kid was probably disabled after the first punch and just kept beating him and now is in a coma. Once the threat, which there apparently was none, was over he no has no right to the battery he inflicted. However, he will have a good defense and will likely see little jail time. He wasnt attacked, he was the attacker. Thats the way the law works. The kid deserved the beating though.

nosparkplugs
07-27-2008, 05:17 PM
More than likely its because of the severity of the beatings. The kid was probably disabled after the first punch and just kept beating him and now is in a coma. Once the threat, which there apparently was none, was over he no has no right to the battery he inflicted. However, he will have a good defense and will likely see little jail time. He wasnt attacked, he was the attacker. Thats the way the law works. The kid deserved the beating though.

Thats correct, and when questioned buy the police regarding the severity of the beating his response "he got what he deserved" police arrested him on the spot of Felony assault.

Lawn-Sharks
07-27-2008, 07:57 PM
It's my choice!! I will stand before a judge and explain my action just the same as those equipment steeling basterds would have too, im sure what i would have done to them protect my investments will be justifiable!

Scagguy
07-27-2008, 09:38 PM
If that happened in Texas, it would be referred to a grand jury without charges. If it happened at night, deadly force is justifiable. End of story...at least here. It sucks that all states don't adopt that policy.

topsites
07-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Read and remember this:

My Murder Trial (http://members.tripod.com/kingsley-foreman/Towtruckphotos/id19.html)

Grass Happens
07-28-2008, 12:18 AM
If that happened in Texas, it would be referred to a grand jury without charges. If it happened at night, deadly force is justifiable. End of story...at least here. It sucks that all states don't adopt that policy.

God bless Texas. I love the (lack) of pedestrian laws down there too, if I ever leave IL, it will be for Texas.

lightninlawn1978-2008
07-28-2008, 12:34 AM
MY IDEA IS ON THIS, I have a bad boy on the trailer, and one very bad dog in the yard, the dog gets crook meat for lunch , I do have a sign that says beware of dog , if they hurt the dog they are as good as dead, they can get my stuff, but not my pup

LawncareAmericaLLC
07-28-2008, 07:41 PM
we were robbed 4th of july weekend stole a truck, trailer and all equipment out of my yard.($65,000.00 lost) Anyway i went and got my ccw permit and told the michiagn state police that i will shoot first and ask question later if this happens agian. told me that would be the only justice i would get because michigan laws protect criminals better than the people. isnt that messed up. So basiclly he was telling me that somone can break in your yard try to steal my stuff and if i touch him in anyway that i would be charged with a crime.

punt66
07-28-2008, 07:51 PM
we were robbed 4th of july weekend stole a truck, trailer and all equipment out of my yard.($65,000.00 lost) Anyway i went and got my ccw permit and told the michiagn state police that i will shoot first and ask question later if this happens agian. told me that would be the only justice i would get because michigan laws protect criminals better than the people. isnt that messed up. So basiclly he was telling me that somone can break in your yard try to steal my stuff and if i touch him in anyway that i would be charged with a crime.

Thats correct. You cannot assult a person unless its self defense. They are stealing not attacking you. I know its frustrating because i too would love to provide them with a new hole.

Grass Happens
07-28-2008, 08:03 PM
Like the other guy said, leave no witness, and whose to say it isn't self-defense?

Grass Happens
07-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Thats correct. You cannot assult a person unless its self defense. They are stealing not attacking you. I know its frustrating because i too would love to provide them with a new hole.

does this apply when they brake into your house to steal something, or since that's considered home invasion, is that a different story?
"my wife and I were having a fight, so i went worked on my equipment in the trailer to calm down and ended up falling asleep. Next thing I now two guys get into my trailer..."
Does that count as home invasion to, as he was sleeping in the trailer...?

TXNSLighting
07-28-2008, 09:33 PM
What is this world coming to?!! This is killing me reading this! If someone tries to steal what you have busted your *** for, and you defend that by givin him exactly what he deserves, then you get in trouble???!!!??! That is messed up! Here in Texas the law is on our side!!! This has really pissed me off.

Scagguy
07-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Read and remember this:

My Murder Trial (http://members.tripod.com/kingsley-foreman/Towtruckphotos/id19.html)

Sorry bro, that's too long and boring. Texas justice moves faster than anyone could read that piece.

Dunn's
07-28-2008, 11:38 PM
So I guess no one has seen that new movie felon. Since no one has brung it up.

topsites
07-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Like the other guy said, leave no witness, and whose to say it isn't self-defense?

Yeah but anytime there's a murder that's what they all say!
No really officer, honest it was self defense, yes I'm serious.
Yes of course, sure it was. :p

Don't make the mistake of assuming the police will automatically take the only story there is.
They won't, anytime there is a body a full investigation takes place.
Be it by gun or by hand, whoever attacked could well end up at the very least in a nasty criminal court case.
And he who holds or held the gun is usually also the prime suspect.

And I hate to agree but if they are only stealing WE can not hurt them, not really.
Now there is a way to scare the crap out of someone, just don't leave any marks, you can't kill or maim them thou nobody said anything about just making them think they're going to die :p
But you can't hurt them, not brutally anyhow, so don't leave no bruises that will show later, hear?
That's about it thou, all you can do is scare the crap out of them.

Hawg City Lawns
07-29-2008, 01:20 AM
questionable choice; however their are more & more cases where less than lethal stun guns / Tazers are causing the same physical trauma as a severe case of whoop arse; their is no carry permit or classes for "less than lethal" methods of defense. Today's thief's are "lawyering up" more and more, and the victim is now on trial.

i just now saw a dude going "dont taze me bro" in my head haha

Chilehead
07-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Yeah but anytime there's a murder that's what they all say!
No really officer, honest it was self defense, yes I'm serious.
Yes of course, sure it was. :p

Don't make the mistake of assuming the police will automatically take the only story there is.
They won't, anytime there is a body a full investigation takes place.
Be it by gun or by hand, whoever attacked could well end up at the very least in a nasty criminal court case.
And he who holds or held the gun is usually also the prime suspect.

And I hate to agree but if they are only stealing WE can not hurt them, not really.
Now there is a way to scare the crap out of someone, just don't leave any marks, you can't kill or maim them thou nobody said anything about just making them think they're going to die :p
But you can't hurt them, not brutally anyhow, so don't leave no bruises that will show later, hear?
That's about it thou, all you can do is scare the crap out of them.

Just off the top of my head, would a tranquilizer dart be considered "deadly force"? This is an idea close to mine of using pepper spray--provide quick immobilization with no permanent injury. Then there's this idea I remember seeing on an old episode of Matlock: knock the guy out with a huge block of ice. Yes, ice: a weapon of sorts that can disappear without a trace. When he's out "cold" (from the ice-HA!) you drag his carcass to some distant location with a warning letter taped to his chest. If he ever comes back, most likely to do you in, you can then shoot him for threatening your life, and have your satisfaction.

tb8100
07-29-2008, 11:19 AM
What is this world coming to?!! This is killing me reading this! If someone tries to steal what you have busted your *** for, and you defend that by givin him exactly what he deserves, then you get in trouble???!!!??! That is messed up! Here in Texas the law is on our side!!! This has really pissed me off.

Yeah, this thread has me pissed too. I swear I don't know what I would do if someone tried to jack my stuff. It wouldn't be pretty though.

on a side note, do you ever make it down to Granbury much? You oughtta swing by if you ever do. My dealership is on 51N about 4 miles before you get to Granbury. We handle Scag, Bad Boy, Echo, and as of a few days ago, Husqvarna. :waving:

The office line is 817.573.3930.

ffemtmcd
07-29-2008, 12:24 PM
Simple - He should have waited until the mower was being backed off the trailer then stepped behind it. Shot the one on the mower and said the crook was attempting to run him over then the other guy tried to hit him in the head with one of the handheld untis so he shot him as well. Classic case of self defense - two stupid crooks against one hard working armed citizen. Its a sad day in America where someone can infringe on another persons rights then sue that same person for defending themselves. Thats why if the need ever arises to do anything to protect myself I will use only deadly force. Not to sound morbid or Rambo-ish but then there is only one side of the story for the jury to hear.

Awesome !!
Gotta love the states that allow you to protect your property!!

topsites
07-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Just off the top of my head, would a tranquilizer dart be considered "deadly force"?

Don't get me wrong, I never said I wouldn't be all for a tail whooping myself.
I just said you can't do it legally and I think that's the key here, once the perp(s) go to a hospital it's bad news.
Actually it's once the police get involved, but...

Last I checked they don't make the darts for humans so now we'd have to second-guess which animal tranquilizer won't land them in the ER. Well let's see, should we use the elephant or the horse needle? Then again I suppose one could shoot an empty dart if such exists, but almost as well off using a BB gun and that just won't work.

Personally I like pepper spray, it's a bit gay but oh well.
You don't even work up a sweat and there's little or less anyone can say or do over that,
the effect is hard core, but temporary :p

punt66
07-29-2008, 03:46 PM
Don't get me wrong, I never said I wouldn't be all for a tail whooping myself.
I just said you can't do it legally and I think that's the key here, once the perp(s) go to a hospital it's bad news.
Actually it's once the police get involved, but...

Last I checked they don't make the darts for humans so now we'd have to second-guess which animal tranquilizer won't land them in the ER. Well let's see, should we use the elephant or the horse needle? Then again I suppose one could shoot an empty dart if such exists, but almost as well off using a BB gun and that just won't work.

Personally I like pepper spray, it's a bit gay but oh well.
You don't even work up a sweat and there's little or less anyone can say or do over that,
the effect is hard core, but temporary :p

well actually, technically, its stil assult, but less likely of charges being filed.

YellowDogSVC
07-29-2008, 04:37 PM

You need to move to Texas. You can defend your property here..

mississippiturf
07-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Mississippi has laws that allow you to protect your property as well. I know for fact of two or three recent incidents of home intruders being shot and killed in their tracks after they entered or was attempting to enter homes. Not absolutly sure, but I believe the law applies if folks are stealing from your property.

Brianslawn
07-30-2008, 02:43 AM
sorry officer... i yelled stop! dont move! he turned toward me and acted like he was reaching for a gun. look officer... the body even has a gun in its hand.

punt66
07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
sorry officer... i yelled stop! dont move! he turned toward me and acted like he was reaching for a gun. look officer... the body even has a gun in its hand.

I know its easy to make jokes about killing these people and some may actually do it. But you guys need to remember these are fathers, brothers, sons of other people. For an example my father inlaw was abandoned by his family when he was 9. he lived on the streets and was a pick pocket and thief to survive. One day he was caught in the act and pistol whipped untill unconcious. He was lucky he wasnt shot. Well when he got into his twenties he found God, got married and had 4 kids. He worked hard at a real job and all 4 of his kids graduated college with bachelor degrees except my wife who has a masters in computer engineering. Her father is now a minister and ran for govenor of his town. I know its frustrating to deal with thiefs and i dont know what my first reaction would be if i caught one in the act, but it wouldnt be to kill them.

Dunn's
07-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I know its easy to make jokes about killing these people and some may actually do it. But you guys need to remember these are fathers, brothers, sons of other people. For an example my father inlaw was abandoned by his family when he was 9. he lived on the streets and was a pick pocket and thief to survive. One day he was caught in the act and pistol whipped untill unconcious. He was lucky he wasnt shot. Well when he got into his twenties he found God, got married and had 4 kids. He worked hard at a real job and all 4 of his kids graduated college with bachelor degrees except my wife who has a masters in computer engineering. Her father is now a minister and ran for govenor of his town. I know its frustrating to deal with thiefs and i dont know what my first reaction would be if i caught one in the act, but it wouldnt be to kill them.

That is why there is so much crime. crooks know no one is going to do anything.

punt66
07-30-2008, 09:47 AM
I didnt say no one is going to do anything. I just said think twice befor killing. haha All thiefs deserve a good beating or jail time. But dont deserve to die, thats all im saying.

white1
07-30-2008, 11:10 AM
I didnt say no one is going to do anything. I just said think twice befor killing. haha All thiefs deserve a good beating or jail time. But dont deserve to die, thats all im saying.

I understand what youre saying, and Ive came really close to defending myself with deadly force. The things that run through your head after that.........

However, I WILL do whatever I need to protect myself, children, and family. The way I see it, if someone is stealing my mower, weed eaters, blower etc, he is stealing food out of my childrens mouth, therefore putting them in danger, and would have no problem giving him what he deserves.

punt66
07-30-2008, 11:18 AM
I understand what youre saying, and Ive came really close to defending myself with deadly force. The things that run through your head after that.........

However, I WILL do whatever I need to protect myself, children, and family. The way I see it, if someone is stealing my mower, weed eaters, blower etc, he is stealing food out of my childrens mouth, therefore putting them in danger, and would have no problem giving him what he deserves.

Yea i get that but a mower, a trimmer, a blower are replacable and human life is not. There have been some great people through out history at ontime made mistakes and lived on to be incredible people. Thats all i am saying.

BayouFlyFisher
07-30-2008, 12:07 PM
How young was the "young thief"? Was he 12, 13, 14?? If so, he deserved a spanking or a slap, and a trip to jail not a trip to the hospital. If he was an older "young thief" then he deserved a smack or two and a trip downtown with the police. If this guy would have punched him and detained him, the cops wouldn't have said a thing. But he decided to whail on a kid - tough guy. Why didn't he simply detain him until police arrived? My image is of a grown man kicking the crap out of a young kid. Not cool.

Everybody talking about protecting their family/stuff by beating the crap out of a kid or shooting someone needs to stop and think about the risks of those actions. This guy put his entire future and his family's welfare at risk by not controlling his anger. There will be a law suit and if the kid dies, LCO will go to jail. An adult should be able to control himself better than this guy did.

white1
07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
To me a kid is most under 25 lol

If I caught a "kid" (teenager) stealing my stuff I would never think of hurting them. Scare the crap out of them, probably call the cops etc. If I go outside and a 25 year old is trying to steal my stuff, all rules are off

farmboy1285
07-30-2008, 03:04 PM
The only thing I have to wonder is, Was it really necessary to beat the crook so bad that it brook some ribs and he was knocked out?????? I can understand the mans frustration but seriously the crook is going to probably have serious health problems for the rest of his life. I am not saying that what the crook did is right or even standing up for him but I am almost glad that the LCO is behind bars. There are laws and police for a reason, some times the laws suck and the cops are A Holes but that doesn't give us the right to take the law into out own hands. Just my 2 cents

tb8100
07-30-2008, 03:17 PM
The only thing I have to wonder is, Was it really necessary to beat the crook so bad that it brook some ribs and he was knocked out?????? I can understand the mans frustration but seriously the crook is going to probably have serious health problems for the rest of his life. I am not saying that what the crook did is right or even standing up for him but I am almost glad that the LCO is behind bars. There are laws and police for a reason, some times the laws suck and the cops are A Holes but that doesn't give us the right to take the law into out own hands. Just my 2 cents

I'm sorry, he deserved the beating he got. If you're stupid enough to attempt to take someone else's livelihood, you should expect the consequences. It's not like this guy just got randomly beaten.

white1
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM

So some crook invaded the mans private space. Trespassed onto his property, with the intent to steal, and or do damage to the equipment that provides this man with an income to feed his family. The man defends HIS property on his property, and youre glad hes behind bars?

IMO its thinking like that that is responsible for the crime rate we have now. IMO its just a privilege of being an American to have the right to defend your property. Maybe this guy went overboard, but he did what he felt was right defending his property.

BayouFlyFisher
07-30-2008, 03:55 PM
IMO its thinking like that that is responsible for the crime rate we have now. IMO its just a privilege of being an American to have the right to defend your property. Maybe this guy went overboard, but he did what he felt was right defending his property.

I don't think anyone has said the kid shouldn't have gotten his tail kicked. We're saying the response was way over the top and to an extreme and he's now risked his families future. There is a prescribed penalty for attempting to steal something or to vandalize something. And brain injury and broken ribs isn't it. A jury is going to award the kid's family some damages. The kid is in ICU and has a "brain related injury". Do you have a clue how much that is going to cost the LCO and the family he was trying to protect? He could have bought dozens of new mowers for what he's going to pay now because he over reacted. He didn't control the situation nor himself. He acted like a thug.

And while you're talking about the crime rate, please consider that the kid's crime was less server than the LCO's. One involved thief/vandalizm and the other involved almost killing someone. If you want to be tough on crime, be tough of all of it, even the crime against people you don't like.

robtown
07-30-2008, 04:51 PM
I guess a kid is different depending on where you live.
earlier this year in Philly they had a problem with 10-16 year old kids attacking mugging and killing people in a public park.
It all comes down to the circumstances.
It is always better to detain them ID them have the police come ...press charges. and when it blows over. Hunt them down quietly with no witnesses and beat the crap out them.
oh yeah ...if the parents do nothing or even worse ...try to get them off.
beat them down as well.
or at the very least destroy something of theres that is double the value of what they tried to steal

BayouFlyFisher
07-30-2008, 04:53 PM
I guess a kid is different depending on where you live.
earlier this year in Philly they had a problem with 10-16 year old kids attacking mugging and killing people in a public park.
It all comes down to the circumstances.
It is always better to detain them ID them have the police come ...press charges. and when it blows over. Hunt them down quietly with no witnesses and beat the crap out them.

Well, thanks for that post!! That's the first one in this stupid thread that made laugh out loud. I'll get off my high-horse long enough to say, you win the thread - best post.

white1
07-30-2008, 05:07 PM

I don't think anyone has said the kid shouldn't have gotten his tail kicked. We're saying the response was way over the top and to an extreme and he's now risked his families future. There is a prescribed penalty for attempting to steal something or to vandalize something. And brain injury and broken ribs isn't it. A jury is going to award the kid's family some damages. The kid is in ICU and has a "brain related injury". Do you have a clue how much that is going to cost the LCO and the family he was trying to protect? He could have bought dozens of new mowers for what he's going to pay now because he over reacted. He didn't control the situation nor himself. He acted like a thug.

And while you're talking about the crime rate, please consider that the kid's crime was less server than the LCO's. One involved thief/vandalizm and the other involved almost killing someone. If you want to be tough on crime, be tough of all of it, even the crime against people you don't like.

I notice youre from Baton Rouge. We now have laws here resembling some in Texas regarding protecting your property. Had that happened here in La. chances are the kid would have been shot, and it would have been justified. I dont ever think beating someone unconscious is ever a good idea. Like you stated the LCO will more than likely wind up paying out his arse for a lawsuit. I also realize that when you loose your temper sometimes its hard to control your actions. Not at all justifying the severity of the beating, but I see it as defense of personal property that got out of control not some thug beating the crap out of a innocent person.

ED'S LAWNCARE
07-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Crooks get killed all the time in SC. If they're on your property stealing, that poses a threat in it self... shoot first ask questions later.. heck here you're even allowed to have a loaded handgun in your car. Sorry the kid might die or have some serious damage, but he caused it himself.

Brianslawn
07-30-2008, 09:23 PM
here in AR you cant shoot them in the back if they try to run when you see them and yell at them. but if they act like they reachin for a weapon or so much as run at you.... then deadly force is justified. as for the gun in the thieves hand.... the serial # is scratched off so thief must have stole it from somewhere or paid cash on street. im sure theres plenty more cheap, used, untraceable guns were that came from..... come on... i know you landscapers know how to plant things.

i say we need to adopt third world countries style of justice. catch a thief... cut off his hands.

and ever since i put a gun rack on my ztr rops (see other thread) havent had anything stolen.

Yuanding
07-30-2008, 09:29 PM
Sad to see that the law in the U.S is even more on the criminal's side than it is here in the UK.
Thought you might like to know what happened when a tree surgeon who lives on the next street from me was burgled last year. He lives in a third floor apartment, and woke one night to find himself confronting a total stranger in his bedroom. A struggle ensued and the intruder ended up falling three storeys to the ground (solid concrete). He died shortly afterwards.
The tree man was arrested, but eventually released without charge after it was found that the burglar had a long criminal history, had two of the tree-man's chainsaws (taken in a previous burglary) at his house, and there was no evidence that the dead man had taken a beating before pitching off from the third floor.
I wasn't too broken up to hear about the burglar's downfall. A few months previously, I had chased off three thieves armed with iron bars who had smashed the rear window of my vehicle parked outside my house to steal a trimmer in the back. They didn't get the trimmer but they didn't stick around to pay for a new rear window either. Of course I reported it but no-one was ever charged, because they were wearing hooded tops and I couldn't identify them.
Thieves have respect for other people's property: they merely wish the property to become their property so that they can more perfectly respect it.

punt66
07-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Most of you are dangerous. Makes us look bad.

Yuanding
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM

It does, but there's another old saying:
"Beware the fury of the patient man."

Scagguy
07-30-2008, 09:57 PM

I don't know about that. Maybe it's the fact that some of us have bigger stones than you when it comes to protecting our property. That being said, there's nothing wrong with your approach if it suits you. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to cause great bodily harm to a thief if I caught him in the act of stealing anything from my home or my rig. If as a result of that injury, the thief end up in the hospital or morgue is his problem....not mine. The way I see, he started it and I finished it.

Chilehead
07-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Hey, Punt. Pssst. Yeah, you. I'd have to agree that a thief(especially a kid) does not deserve to die for stealing a trimmer. I do believe in something called stiff consequences, though, and the US government's consequences are too lax if you ask me. A parent of one of these delinquents will argue, "He's really a good kid, he just got in with the wrong crowd." NEWS FLASH: That kid IS the wrong crowd. When members of the wrong crowd get older, they may tend to be more violent. I say take him down hard before he can strike again--suffering brings repentance. I think Barney Fife would agree, "You have to nip it in the bud."

BayouFlyFisher
07-30-2008, 10:15 PM
Nothing, and I mean nothing, tougher than an internet tough guy. :laugh:

Brianslawn
07-31-2008, 02:07 AM

i been thinking about what you said all night. you know... you are absolutely right. so help me put an end to the death penality and the war in iraq. after all... all those people our government kills in the name of justice.... they all have families and are somebodys kid. lets free the death row inmates. after all, they may become christians and walk into a TN church..... to shoot people.

people who have carry permits in my area arent allowed to take their guns to schools or churches. guess where all the shootings take place in the south. schools and churches and everywhere else the criminals know the good guys cant take their guns.

punt66
07-31-2008, 06:15 AM
Hey, Punt. Pssst. Yeah, you. I'd have to agree that a thief(especially a kid) does not deserve to die for stealing a trimmer. I do believe in something called stiff consequences, though, and the US government's consequences are too lax if you ask me. A parent of one of these delinquents will argue, "He's really a good kid, he just got in with the wrong crowd." NEWS FLASH: That kid IS the wrong crowd. When members of the wrong crowd get older, they may tend to be more violent. I say take him down hard before he can strike again--suffering brings repentance. I think Barney Fife would agree, "You have to nip it in the bud."

I agree wiyh you completely. But putting a bullet in his head wont teach him a thing.

punt66
07-31-2008, 08:56 AM
i been thinking about what you said all night. you know... you are absolutely right. so help me put an end to the death penality and the war in iraq. after all... all those people our government kills in the name of justice.... they all have families and are somebodys kid. lets free the death row inmates. after all, they may become christians and walk into a TN church..... to shoot people.

people who have carry permits in my area arent allowed to take their guns to schools or churches. guess where all the shootings take place in the south. schools and churches and everywhere else the criminals know the good guys cant take their guns.

1. The Iraq war is a big mistake
2. Terrorism is completely different and those people deserve to die
3. The thread is about a kid stealing a trimmer and ending up with brain damage and an LCO who is concerned about his income and is now in jail and will pay a lawsuit and lose his business. Hard to mow lawns and keep customers behind bars.
4. There will always be extremist wackos, that is not the same as a petty thief.
5. We the people are not the judge and jury.
6. If you want to live in a totalitarion state move.
7. I am a gun owner with a permit to carry. I have not once carried.
8. I am a hunter with over 2 dozen various rifles and hand guns that are locked, unloaded and non accesable in a situation that might requir protection. Thats not why i own guns.
9. My idea of protecting my family is not sitting in jail.
10. I have compassion for people even thieves. They are people who were not raised well and took a wrong turn. They dont deserve to die but they do deserve to be punished. Years in jail also only solidify their criminal behavior.
11. I understand the reaction of anger and to beat or kill. But thats what separates the men from the boys. Killing or beating to a coma is not what i consider to have like, a previous post mentioned, big balls. Its just stupidity. If you or your family were personally attacked thats a whole different ball game. Were talking about petty theft.

ALC-GregH
07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm a lover not a fighter. :D

If someone broke into my house and tried to cause bodily harm to my family or me, then yes, I would not let up on them until they didn't move anymore. If someone comes on my property and is trying to steal something, I'll back away and call the cops (cell phone is always on my belt) in hopes that they don't hear anything. Kinda sneak around (fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee) to get as close as I can and with one good swing, knock them out with a "walking tall" 2x4..... 1 hit is all you'll need and the thief will be patiently waiting with you for the cops to come. :D

ED'S LAWNCARE
08-01-2008, 08:53 PM
I won't bother to comment on the war and wacko's. I too have guns and live in a state very liberal about protecting your property. Would I shoot first??? Don't exactly know, but I do know kids or not, the situation could have been turned around very easily and the lco is in the hosp...NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO GO ONTO MY PROPERTY AND TAKE SOMETHING..THEY WILL GET A BEATING OR WORSE. If a person gets a beating from someone protecting their property and dies, juvenile or adult oh well. The property owner should be thanked from the community....But then again I'm a guy who thinks that their should be a express lane for the death penalty, courtroom to chair 10 minutes...next.

1. The Iraq war is a big mistake
2. Terrorism is completely different and those people deserve to die
3. The thread is about a kid stealing a trimmer and ending up with brain damage and an LCO who is concerned about his income and is now in jail and will pay a lawsuit and lose his business. Hard to mow lawns and keep customers behind bars.
4. There will always be extremist wackos, that is not the same as a petty thief.
5. We the people are not the judge and jury.
6. If you want to live in a totalitarion state move.
7. I am a gun owner with a permit to carry. I have not once carried.
8. I am a hunter with over 2 dozen various rifles and hand guns that are locked, unloaded and non accesable in a situation that might requir protection. Thats not why i own guns.
9. My idea of protecting my family is not sitting in jail.
10. I have compassion for people even thieves. They are people who were not raised well and took a wrong turn. They dont deserve to die but they do deserve to be punished. Years in jail also only solidify their criminal behavior.
11. I understand the reaction of anger and to beat or kill. But thats what separates the men from the boys. Killing or beating to a coma is not what i consider to have like, a previous post mentioned, big balls. Its just stupidity. If you or your family were personally attacked thats a whole different ball game. Were talking about petty theft.

punt66
08-01-2008, 09:03 PM
I won't bother to comment on the war and wacko's. I too have guns and live in a state very liberal about protecting your property. Would I shoot first??? Don't exactly know, but I do know kids or not, the situation could have been turned around very easily and the lco is in the hosp...NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY HAS THE RIGHT TO GO ONTO MY PROPERTY AND TAKE SOMETHING..THEY WILL GET A BEATING OR WORSE. If a person gets a beating from someone protecting their property and dies, juvenile or adult oh well. The property owner should be thanked from the community....But then again I'm a guy who thinks that their should be a express lane for the death penalty, courtroom to chair 10 minutes...next.

Ok, tell that to your wife and kids from jail. OH WELL. Its your choice. We all have our choices.

humble1
08-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Ok my 2 cents. You can only use enough force that is deemed reasonable to stop either an attack on you or to stop a crime. So someone punches you, you can hit them however you need to tostop the assult. That is self defense. Once you cross the point where you are beating the crap out of them it turns to an assult or attempted m,urder charge on you. Im not saying i wouldnt beat the snot out of them, the law is flawed.

equip4u
08-19-2008, 01:57 PM
In some countries this thief would now also be withouthis right hand. How long do you think this thief or others would think about stealing again?

CAT powered
08-19-2008, 02:02 PM
Well if self-defense is only hitting someone until they are no longer attempting to attack you then you'd best make your first hit a good one.

i.e: 1/2" drive ratchet to the side of the head

allinearth
08-19-2008, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE= Thats why if the need ever arises to do anything to protect myself I will use only deadly force. Not to sound morbid or Rambo-ish but then there is only one side of the story for the jury to hear.[/QUOTE]

Yep, and one less person for us to support while they are in jail.

zz4guy
08-20-2008, 09:42 AM
My employee's cousin(LCO) caught some young thieves on his personal property stealing/ starting up one of his ZTR mower's on the trailer, others were stealing the handhelds etc. He caught one beating, that one punk thief to the point of unconsciousness, and he is now in the local Trauma unit's ICU with several broken ribs & closed head injury. The police charged the LCO with felony assault in jail right now 150,000 bond:cry:. YOU cannot beat some to the brink of DEATH for stealing.:hammerhead:

Here's the options if you get in this situation: scare them off, do not "fight" them, or Kill them dead with a handgun. Please be careful "defending" your belongings with less than deadly force.

This thread is messed up. Half of you think it's ok to beat a teenager to death for attempted burglary. Assuming the perp had no gun/weapon/other threat, don't you think it's excessive to beat somebody to death for this? A night in jail or a couple black eyes sure, but beating to death!!!??? I think the LCO belongs in jail. What's going to set him off next?

punt66
08-20-2008, 01:54 PM
This thread is messed up. Half of you think it's ok to beat a teenager to death for attempted burglary. Assuming the perp had no gun/weapon/other threat, don't you think it's excessive to beat somebody to death for this? A night in jail or a couple black eyes sure, but beating to death!!!??? I think the LCO belongs in jail. What's going to set him off next?

finally! I thought i was the only one with some sence in here.

cgaengineer
08-20-2008, 02:51 PM
Georgia just followed in Texas footsteps for the right to protect property with deadly force. Go Georgia!! Now we just need to adopt the express lane for executions like Texas!!

cgaengineer
08-20-2008, 02:58 PM

I with you Ed, my property, my stuff...forget this crap about "He was raised in a broken family" BS, I was raised with a stepfather and I don't steal. I DO NOT feel sorry for a criminal. I don't care how old you are...you know as a child it is not right to steal.

The problem with society is people feel sorry for criminals, how about feeling sorry for the victim.

cgaengineer
08-20-2008, 03:12 PM

What comes after stealing, rape, armed robbery, man slaughter, murder, serial killing. Having compassion for a criminal is WRONG.

It was only rape, the rapist took a wrong turn in his life the victim will forget about it sooner or later.

It was only child molestation, the kid wont even remember it when the are older.

It was only armed robbery, nobody was killed during the robbery. The robber just made some bad decisions in his life.

zz4guy
08-20-2008, 03:30 PM
If you have the right to kill a perp for theft on your own property, then why don't we just send each convicted thief to the chair? Whats the difference.

It's not compassion for criminals, it's called human decency.

equip4u
08-20-2008, 03:46 PM
How long do you think other thieves would be tempted steal if they knew their end would be the electric chair? Discipline should not only be corrective but also preventive!

IA_James
08-20-2008, 03:47 PM
One (only) good thing about this thread, if you've ever wondered precisely what a human life is worth. Evidently for a large part of the country it's about $100. Pathetic.

punt66
08-20-2008, 04:29 PM
One (only) good thing about this thread, if you've ever wondered precisely what a human life is worth. Evidently for a large part of the country it's about $100. Pathetic.

Your right it is pathetic. They just dont get it.

punt66
08-20-2008, 04:35 PM
What comes after stealing, rape, armed robbery, man slaughter, murder, serial killing. Having compassion for a criminal is WRONG.

It was only rape, the rapist took a wrong turn in his life the victim will forget about it sooner or later.

It was only child molestation, the kid wont even remember it when the are older.

It was only armed robbery, nobody was killed during the robbery. The robber just made some bad decisions in his life.

we were talking about a petty thief not a rapist or a murderer. Some of the greatest people in the world had a past of thievery or drug abuse. People have low times in their lives and hopefully they change that for the good. The world is much bigger that the 5 feet around you.

nosparkplugs
08-20-2008, 08:50 PM
I fired the employee last week, whose cousin was involved with this, debating if I should call him to find out the verdict.

zz4guy
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM
Your right it is pathetic. They just dont get it.

Oh well, talk is cheap and everbody likes to say they have big balls on the internet. Especially on this site.

lifetree
08-20-2008, 08:57 PM
hope this ends on a good note!

Me too ... I'll say a prayer for your friend in the hope that he will prevail with his legal dilemma !!

cgaengineer
08-20-2008, 09:07 PM
we were talking about a petty thief not a rapist or a murderer. Some of the greatest people in the world had a past of thievery or drug abuse. People have low times in their lives and hopefully they change that for the good. The world is much bigger that the 5 feet around you.

The thing is most people who start out with stealing move on to bigger things if not dealt with. We are way to easy on criminals.

Scagguy
08-20-2008, 09:25 PM
If you have the right to kill a perp for theft on your own property, then why don't we just send each convicted thief to the chair? Whats the difference.

It's not compassion for criminals, it's called human decency.

Well, where was the criminals decency when he decided to steal? I'm not saying that they deserve the chair but more like the wild card......they just never know what will happen when they attempt to steal from someone. Maybe they get away scott free, maybe they get beaten and go to jail, maybe they get shot. If the criminals didn't know the risks going into crime, then it sucks for them.

zz4guy
08-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, where was the criminals decency when he decided to steal? I'm not saying that they deserve the chair but more like the wild card......they just never know what will happen when they attempt to steal from someone. Maybe they get away scott free, maybe they get beaten and go to jail, maybe they get shot. If the criminals didn't know the risks going into crime, then it sucks for them.

I really dont disagree with any of that. If somebody is breaking into my house or garage and I can't see what they have in their hand then they will get shot.

But this case is blatent wanton violence. Once your threat is neutralized you should not be allowed to keep going. We're all pissed when somebody violates our property, but doing what this LCO did is being judge, jury and executioner all in one. A total viloation of what this country was founded on.

punt66
08-21-2008, 03:39 PM
I really dont disagree with any of that. If somebody is breaking into my house or garage and I can't see what they have in their hand then they will get shot.

But this case is blatent wanton violence. Once your threat is neutralized you should not be allowed to keep going. We're all pissed when somebody violates our property, but doing what this LCO did is being judge, jury and executioner all in one. A total viloation of what this country was founded on.

If you cant see whats in their hand, most likely you cant see their face or identify who they are right? What if its your teenager sneaking back to the house after a party. or a really good honest neighbor who thought they saw something and went to check it out for you? Shooting first is a bad idea unless its an absolutely known threat.

Lawnworks
08-21-2008, 05:10 PM
I agree wiyh you completely. But putting a bullet in his head wont teach him a thing.

But it will teach everyone else a thing or two about stealing your property.

Society does not need this scum taking our hard-earned time/money/investments away from us.

LawnProLandCare
08-21-2008, 09:24 PM

there was no age given so i can everyone just assume he beat a 12 year old? if it was at night in that situation i want to see what you guys would do, alls you see is the person you dont have time to sit there and guess his age you need to react to protect your own life. none of you know the exact circumstances surrounding this case.. who knows if the beating was too severe, one well placed punch to the head can kill someone even though it wasnt intended too, and one hit to the ribs CAN break them.. i personally think with information given that maybe some charges should be filed against the lco but NOT Felony assault... whose to judge whether this assault was too much. also i think the bail/bond is a little high unless this guy has a huge record or is a proven flight risk... ive seen folks charged with worse with much lower numbers.

also how do you know this clown is only a petty thief? it is proven that a majority of criminals start out with smaller crimes and usually go up in severity as there criminal career progresses. just like the drug dealers that start out selling grass then go up to coke next thing you know they have a meth lab setup.

im very very very sensitive about my property and equipment and will not hesitate to physically subdue someone attempting to damage or steal it, before the police arrive.

punt66
08-21-2008, 09:46 PM
there was no age given so i can everyone just assume he beat a 12 year old? if it was at night in that situation i want to see what you guys would do, alls you see is the person you dont have time to sit there and guess his age you need to react to protect your own life. none of you know the exact circumstances surrounding this case.. who knows if the beating was too severe, one well placed punch to the head can kill someone even though it wasnt intended too, and one hit to the ribs CAN break them.. i personally think with information given that maybe some charges should be filed against the lco but NOT Felony assault... whose to judge whether this assault was too much. also i think the bail/bond is a little high unless this guy has a huge record or is a proven flight risk... ive seen folks charged with worse with much lower numbers.

also how do you know this clown is only a petty thief? it is proven that a majority of criminals start out with smaller crimes and usually go up in severity as there criminal career progresses. just like the drug dealers that start out selling grass then go up to coke next thing you know they have a meth lab setup.

im very very very sensitive about my property and equipment and will not hesitate to physically subdue someone attempting to damage or steal it, before the police arrive.

well your also making judgement calls as to what charges should be against the lco with same lack of details you so argue. Oh well. Someday when you all grow up you will understand and value life. The guy wasnt being personally attacked. If it was your brother in the hospital now a vegetable you would feel different. Stealing is bad news. No argument there. But like i said before some bad people like my father inlaw when he was young turn into outstanding people like he is now. A minister, ran for govenor of his state. Put 4 kids through college including my wife who has a masters in computer engineering. All that from what was once a pick pocket, snatcher and street kid abandoned at a young age. Oh well, make your judgements.

Chilehead
08-21-2008, 11:29 PM

Yes, yes, and again--yes. If someone so much as looks at my stuff with an expression that indicates even a possibility of a theft waiting to happen, they are going to be approached by me. If they touch it, they WILL be "subdued". Probably, subdued, and then some.

equip4u
08-22-2008, 08:27 AM
Earlier I had made some mention about an electric chair sentence. I did not mean that a thief should be sentenced like that. I do think that if we can help them to take responsiblity for their actions we can turn them around to something useful. Which is why we are here not?

TXNSLighting
08-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Are there people on here actually defending the RIGHTS of thiefs?!! Seriously? i just skimmed over and thats what i got...If so you people need help...

cgaengineer
08-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Are there people on here actually defending the RIGHTS of thiefs?!! Seriously? i just skimmed over and thats what i got...If so you people need help...

Yup Ryan, you got it right. It really is amazing...I do not have sympathy for a thief or any other criminal for that matter. Do the crime, do the time.

BayouFlyFisher
08-23-2008, 01:45 PM

I'm not defending the rights of criminals and I don't think many here are. Most folks are saying that you don't risk your family's future and fortune by beating a kid half to death because he tried to steal something. It was an inappropriate, in the eye's of the law, response to the crime. Once he subdued the kid and then went on beating on him, that's when the LCO became a criminal too.

mag360
08-23-2008, 06:55 PM
This is like torturing war criminals right? A POW should be beaten to within an inch of his life and tortured even after he is subdued because he was trying to kill your guys?

Try to keep things in perspective here folks. I guess we should let go of the leash on police brutality then---because they encounter even worse criminals.

TXNSLighting
08-24-2008, 04:17 PM
I'm not defending the rights of criminals and I don't think many here are. Most folks are saying that you don't risk your family's future and fortune by beating a kid half to death because he tried to steal something. It was an inappropriate, in the eye's of the law, response to the crime. Once he subdued the kid and then went on beating on him, that's when the LCO became a criminal too.

As far as im concerned, a criminal has given up any rights when they decide to steal crap. And that LCO is not a criminal. If were actually going to say criminals have rights and shouldnt face the consequences? (Im happy he got beat within an inch of his life)
Then this world is getting gone.:cry:

punt66
08-24-2008, 07:17 PM
As far as im concerned, a criminal has given up any rights when they decide to steal crap. And that LCO is not a criminal. If were actually going to say criminals have rights and shouldnt face the consequences? (Im happy he got beat within an inch of his life)
Then this world is getting gone.:cry:

if you want to live in a country with no or limited human rights then go to China. China executes more people then all other contries combined. But amazingly their crime rate is still high. Imagine that.

Lawnworks
08-24-2008, 08:17 PM
if you want to live in a country with no or limited human rights then go to China. China executes more people then all other contries combined. But amazingly their crime rate is still high. Imagine that.

Are there citizens allowed to carry? Do they have a right to a jury trial? Why don't you move there... your political views are right in line w/ the communist.

punt66
08-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Are there citizens allowed to carry? Do they have a right to a jury trial? Why don't you move there... your political views are right in line w/ the communist.

communist? How is that? haha

Lawnworks
08-24-2008, 09:07 PM
You are voting for Obama right?

punt66
08-24-2008, 09:35 PM
You are voting for Obama right?

nope. Dont trust him. Mcain is my only choice. Im not a loyalist nor a labeler. I live with common sence. You should try it.

4 seasons lawn&land
08-24-2008, 09:42 PM
are'nt you allowed to kill people on your property if they're stealing? guess not

punt66
08-24-2008, 09:45 PM
are'nt you allowed to kill people on your property if they're stealing? guess not

that would make murder way too easy dont you think? " but officer my girlfriend was stealing my tv so i shot her in the head"

TXNSLighting
08-24-2008, 10:37 PM

Man you are missing the point man. good god

TXNSLighting
08-24-2008, 10:38 PM
that would make murder way too easy dont you think? " but officer my girlfriend was stealing my tv so i shot her in the head"

:hammerhead::hammerhead:. you are something else

mtnzone
08-26-2008, 10:05 AM

while your first sentence is right one, the last two sentences are so wrong that you lost all credibility

punt66
08-26-2008, 01:49 PM
while your first sentence is right one, the last two sentences are so wrong that you lost all credibility

im not looking for your or anybody elses approval. But here you go.

London - At least 470 people were executed in China last year, making it the highest overall figure for any single country, followed by Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and the US, according to Amnesty International's report on Death Sentences and Executions in 2007. The report, published in London, brands China as the "world's top executioner," and says that the true figure for executions in China "is undoubtedly much higher."

"As the world and Olympic guests are left guessing, only the Chinese authorities know exactly how many people have been killed with state authorization," the Amnesty report said

The US executed 42 people in the same time period

mtnzone
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
hmmm wonder about all the other countries in the world that dont report....

they may have executed 470 but look at Danfur, somalia, and several other African countries where the leading political party holds mass executions.... then say that china is a leader...

and they do not have a high crime rate as the govenrment is swift in reprisals.

but numbers can be skewed to look anyway you want them too....

punt66
08-26-2008, 05:57 PM

they may have executed 470 but look at Danfur, somalia, and several other African countries where the leading political party holds mass executions.... then say that china is a leader...

were talking about convicted executions not genecide.

punt66
08-26-2008, 06:20 PM

Featured Broker sponsored link
Trading will never be the same.BEIJING, Jan 30 (Reuters) - China reported 4.75 million criminal cases in 2007, roughly the same as 2006, but serious crimes such as detonating explosions and homicides dropped considerably, a senior police official said on Wednesday.

"In general, we are still in a period of a high crime rate, but it has been stable," Wu Heping, spokesman for the Ministry of Public Security, told a news conference.

The number of crimes in China had jumped from over 2 million in the 1990s to more than 4 million around 2000, he said.

The 3.7 million theft, robbery and burglary cases across the country, which dropped only 0.5 percent from 2006, accounted for the bulk of the crimes, Wu said.

Street robbery and burglary have been top public safety concerns for many cities in recent years as breakneck economic growth brings a widening wealth gap.

There were 586 crimes involving explosives and 6,011 arsons in 2007, down 25.2 and 11.3 percent respectively. Homicides were 10.3 percent fewer than in 2006.

A total of 84,000 economic crimes such as tax evasion, fraud and illegal fund raising were reported last year, a 4.2 percent rise from 2006, Wu said, adding some 59,000 crime gangs were cracked.

In 2007, 1,418 people died in 158,000 fires in China, down 11.6 percent from 2006, Wu added.

Chinese police were collecting "all kinds of information" and were paying attention to the "prevention of terrorist attacks" to ensure security for the Olympic Games Beijing hosts in August, Wu said. (Reporting by Guo Shipeng; Editing by Nick Macfie and Katie Nguyen)

nobagger
08-26-2008, 06:49 PM
Just shoot him and put a "throw away" weapon in there hands and claim self defense!:laugh::laugh: Just kidding NOT a good idea. The best way to deter theives is to keep things from looking tempting by locking everything up. I learned the hard way too, we use to live more "down town" more so then now and our block was surrounded by not so nice areas and the riff raff would walk by every day and one night I heard something around my trailer but could not wake up enough, well the next day I saw a trimmer gone. So the next night I set him/them up waiting for them all night. They finally showed up about 3am and they got a surprise to say the least! Me running around the corner with a 8 iron in my hand yelling and screaming. This kid I swear sh!t his pants and was like a dear in headlights. I never saw them again! After that I ran a very heavy cable through every peice of equipment on the trailer, that in itself was a deterent.

TXNSLighting
08-26-2008, 08:04 PM

Are you missing a brain or something? When you steal!!! You lose all your rights, cuz you suck at life, and you get what you deserve. Where not talking about human rights. Quit bringing china and crap into this.

punt66
08-26-2008, 08:15 PM
Are you missing a brain or something? When you steal!!! You lose all your rights, cuz you suck at life, and you get what you deserve. Where not talking about human rights. Quit bringing china and crap into this.

another teenager

Lawnworks
08-26-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't really think comparing China to US is really apples to oranges.

mtnzone
08-26-2008, 08:46 PM

ahhhh it is genocide.....spell check at least..... then maybe we can have a discussion.

whats the difference anyways..?? political ruler executes someone..Just because we use a court of law and they are ruled by tyrants which in turn uses a totally different code of ethics..Either way the person is dead.......you could say the same thing about our society...

punt66
08-26-2008, 08:47 PM
we were talking about human rights, you know the people who want to shoot first and ask later. Thats taking away human rights. Like china.

Lawnworks
08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
we were talking about human rights, you know the people who want to shoot first and ask later. Thats taking away human rights. Like china.

I used to keep my equipment at my house... if I hear a noise behind the house and I guess I should not even go out and check on it... just call the cops. If I go out w. my glock, I would not want to take any chances on losing my life over some losers that is stealing the equipment I had to work for to pay for.

punt66
08-26-2008, 08:54 PM
well i wouldnt get in a shoot out over a used trimmer or 10 gallons of fuel thats for sure. I hate thieves but no matter what you do they will always exist. China is a good example of that.

Lawnworks
08-26-2008, 09:08 PM
well i wouldnt get in a shoot out over a used trimmer or 10 gallons of fuel thats for sure. I hate thieves but no matter what you do they will always exist. China is a good example of that.

I don't know... I am talking 15k worth of equipment... I don't know if I am willing to roll over and just eat that amount. I am not saying I would just go out and start shooting, but if they made any sudden moves....

I don't really see the correlation b/t communist China and us. I am glad GA just passed more freedom to carry... public transportation just got alot safer.

punt66
08-26-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't know... I am talking 15k worth of equipment... I don't know if I am willing to roll over and just eat that amount. I am not saying I would just go out and start shooting, but if they made any sudden moves....

I don't really see the correlation b/t communist China and us. I am glad GA just passed more freedom to carry... public transportation just got alot safer.

the correlation is that china by FAR has the swiftest and highest execution rate for convicted crimes in the world. They have swift and harsh punishments for commited crimes. Yet their crime rates are still high. So my point is killing people does not solve the problem. Stripping away human rights with deadly force for petty theft is un acceptable and thats why their are laws against it.

Lawnworks
08-26-2008, 09:15 PM
the correlation is that china by FAR has the swiftest and highest execution rate for convicted crimes in the world. They have swift and harsh punishments for commited crimes. Yet their crime rates are still high. So my point is killing people does not solve the problem. Stripping away human rights with deadly force for petty theft is un acceptable and thats why their are laws against it.

I believe in protecting private property w. deadly force is acceptable. I don't accept the China example...apples to oranges.

Brianslawn
08-26-2008, 10:57 PM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

states in USA with most prisons have highest crime rates. maybe prisons cause crime.

canada has similiar laws and in general is similiar to us, but has a fraction of the crime. lot of people dont even lock their doors.

european nations where pot and hookers are legal have a lot less crime.

maybe you all need to mellow out and go get laid!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

TXNSLighting
08-26-2008, 11:59 PM
another teenager

Thats got to be it:hammerhead:

TXNSLighting
08-27-2008, 12:00 AM

No its not you idiot! I cant believe you're defending criminals

cgaengineer
08-27-2008, 06:34 AM

Yeah now if they can convince Hartsfield they are breaking the law!!

punt66
08-27-2008, 07:30 AM
Im not defending criminals. Im defending human rights and common sence. Criminals need to be in prisonOh and it doesnt surprise me you all are from the south.

TXNSLighting
08-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Im not defending criminals. Im defending human rights and common sence. Criminals need to be in prisonOh and it doesnt surprise me you all are from the south.

Your a real piece of work. You are defending criminals your just to stupid to realize. Has nothing to do with us being from the south you ******. CRIMINALS GAVE UP THEIR RIGHTS WHEN THEY BECAME CRIMINALS!!!!

Scagguy
08-27-2008, 10:24 AM

Well, we do have a slogan here that's endorsed by our state legislature.

DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS. I think that they should amend that to say. Don't mess with Texas or Texans. Maybe we aren't as compasionate as you guys up north. That's ok. At least the criminals here know that there is a good chance that if they mess up, that physical bodily harm might happen to them......legally. All I care about is the legal part...not the moral issue. If you ever get ripped off (I hope it doesn't happen to you) you might just change your stance regarding criminals.

Lawnworks
08-27-2008, 12:05 PM

Typically in the south there a less panny wearing men... so yes I am proud to be from the south. We actually tote when we get a permit.

zz4guy
08-27-2008, 12:06 PM
this thread is getting better and better :)

I wonder how all you tough guys would change your tune when your own rebelious teenage son climbs a fence and gets blown away. With your laws that is a-ok. Oh I know your son would never do that 'cause you raised him right. :rolleyes:

punt66
08-27-2008, 01:46 PM

I wonder how all you tough guys would change your tune when your own rebelious teenage son climbs a fence and gets blown away. With your laws that is a-ok. Oh I know your son would never do that 'cause you raised him right. :rolleyes:

exactly! They just dont get it. Its scary that there are so many people with no common sence!

B_gerrits
08-27-2008, 06:20 PM

Are you kidding in this crappy state we had a guy climb on top of a building, cut through the roof, fall through the hole he cut, sued and won. The liberals here make me want to puke. At least in Texas criminals get what they deserve.

muddstopper
08-27-2008, 07:31 PM
I think the guy shold check out the My Castle laws in his state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Doctrine

Scagguy
08-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Are you kidding in this crappy state we had a guy climb on top of a building, cut through the roof, fall through the hole he cut, sued and won. The liberals here make me want to puke. At least in Texas criminals get what they deserve.

Ah...the land of fruits and nuts. Had the owner been there defending his property, he may have been able to a least beat the guy up. Surely, the case wouldn't go before a jury, after all the owner would be defending his place. But then, that's California....no telling what would happen.

mtnzone
08-27-2008, 07:46 PM

you an absolute idiot....... commited is spelled "committed"......un is "an" you can not be taken seriously with that many misspelled words plus the fact that your numbers are skewed...

In china spitting gum on a sidewalk is considered a criminal offense, walking by a political poster without acknowledging it is consider a serious offense. Walking within 20 feet of a military personal is considered a executable offense. There are so many more.....

Their crime rate is high as there are rules for everything...but in all reality their crime rate is much lower than most major world powers.

In all seriousness you ought to read a little or at least do some research before you allow to your fingers to even move across a keyboard.

mtnzone
08-27-2008, 07:47 PM
exactly! They just dont get it. Its scary that there are so many people with no common sence!

hahahahaha.. oh my freaking god... SENCE???? what the hell is SENCE...

punt66
08-27-2008, 07:51 PM
you an absolute idiot....... commited is spelled "committed"......un is "an" you can not be taken seriously with that many misspelled words plus the fact that your numbers are skewed...

In china spitting gum on a sidewalk is considered a criminal offense, walking by a political poster without acknowledging it is consider a serious offense. Walking within 20 feet of a military personal is considered a executable offense. There are so many more.....

Their crime rate is high as there are rules for everything...but in all reality their crime rate is much lower than most major world powers.

In all seriousness you ought to read a little or at least do some research before you allow to your fingers to even move across a keyboard.k,

haha ok. im not worried about my spelling or typing skills on lawnsite. Calling people names because you dont agree with thier opinions makes who an idiot? I have already quoted sources and i dont need to do anymore. Another know it all teenager im sure.

mtnzone
08-27-2008, 08:09 PM
Im actually 41 years old. Who happened to spend 5 years in China for work...and please enlighten us on your sources... skewed or not...

and point taken about the names, but I honestly don't think "idiot" is harsh especially since... sorry but your posts are bordering on absurd...

punt66
08-27-2008, 08:19 PM
im not looking for your or anybody elses approval. But here you go.

London - At least 470 people were executed in China last year, making it the highest overall figure for any single country, followed by Iran, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and the US, according to Amnesty International's report on Death Sentences and Executions in 2007. The report, published in London, brands China as the "world's top executioner," and says that the true figure for executions in China "is undoubtedly much higher."

"As the world and Olympic guests are left guessing, only the Chinese authorities know exactly how many people have been killed with state authorization," the Amnesty report said

The US executed 42 people in the same time period

punt66
08-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Featured Broker sponsored link
Trading will never be the same.BEIJING, Jan 30 (Reuters) - China reported 4.75 million criminal cases in 2007, roughly the same as 2006, but serious crimes such as detonating explosions and homicides dropped considerably, a senior police official said on Wednesday.

"In general, we are still in a period of a high crime rate, but it has been stable," Wu Heping, spokesman for the Ministry of Public Security, told a news conference.

The number of crimes in China had jumped from over 2 million in the 1990s to more than 4 million around 2000, he said.

The 3.7 million theft, robbery and burglary cases across the country, which dropped only 0.5 percent from 2006, accounted for the bulk of the crimes, Wu said.

Street robbery and burglary have been top public safety concerns for many cities in recent years as breakneck economic growth brings a widening wealth gap.

There were 586 crimes involving explosives and 6,011 arsons in 2007, down 25.2 and 11.3 percent respectively. Homicides were 10.3 percent fewer than in 2006.

A total of 84,000 economic crimes such as tax evasion, fraud and illegal fund raising were reported last year, a 4.2 percent rise from 2006, Wu said, adding some 59,000 crime gangs were cracked.

In 2007, 1,418 people died in 158,000 fires in China, down 11.6 percent from 2006, Wu added.

Chinese police were collecting "all kinds of information" and were paying attention to the "prevention of terrorist attacks" to ensure security for the Olympic Games Beijing hosts in August, Wu said. (Reporting by Guo Shipeng; Editing by Nick Macfie and Katie Nguyen)

From China's own Wu Heping, spokesman for the Ministry of Public Security

punt66
08-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Im actually 41 years old. Who happened to spend 5 years in China for work...and please enlighten us on your sources... skewed or not...

and point taken about the names, but I honestly don't think "idiot" is harsh especially since... sorry but your posts are bordering on absurd...

I have traveled around the world 5 times and spent a short time in China, Philippines, Thiland, Japan,. I have starred terrorists in the face in the mountains of the philippines and mourned the death of family members at the former us military base and cemetary. Im hardly an idiot and at 41 you should have some level of maturity dont you think?

Brianslawn
08-27-2008, 08:28 PM

no.

but, i bet hed learn his lesson and wouldnt do it again.

im from the north, btw

mtnzone
08-27-2008, 08:47 PM
I have traveled around the world 5 times and spent a short time in China, Philippines, Thiland, Japan,. I have starred terrorists in the face in the mountains of the philippines and mourned the death of family members at the former us military base and cemetary. Im hardly an idiot and at 41 you should have some level of maturity dont you think?

Well point taken... as I said but since you cant type or spell what am I supposed to think about you.. At least at my advanced age of 41 I can or at least take the time to spell correctly....my parents and teachers at least put that in my head.

listen I said point taken so take my point about your typing and or spelling.... even if your college educated, have a masters degree from MIT your old enough to have enough respect for yourself and others to at least try..

thiland is Thailand...

Cemetary is Cemetery

And I don't really care of you have traveled all over the world, as it doesn't make you an expert on anything. Just means your well traveled...

Hell I have traveled all over the world for work as a photojournalist, and I have Fought terrorists,drug runners, and helped topple unethical leaders, with the tenth mountain division...I have watch friends killed, and my brother was murdered by a thief and that is all true...but that doesnt mean a thing except we have "LIVED"

but typing on the other hand shows alot (not a word) about a person..

as far as you numbers about the crime rate....look into what those crimes actually were... you have a tyrannical ruling family that punishes any offense of course they will have a high crime rate.. as far as the executions same thing.... note "Tyrannical"...... doesnt mean that they actually have a high crime rate such a violent crimes or even thievery unless you call stealing food to live...most of there executions are political executions.. People who speak out against the government..

punt66
08-27-2008, 08:54 PM
Well point taken... as I said but since you cant type or spell what am I supposed to think about you.. At least at my advanced age of 41 I can or at least take the time to spell correctly....my parents and teachers at least put that in my head.

listen I said point taken so take my point about your typing and or spelling.... even if your college educated, have a masters degree from MIT your old enough to have enough respect for yourself and others to at least try..

thiland is Thailand...

Cemetary is Cemetery

And I don't really care of you have traveled all over the world, as it doesn't make you an expert on anything. Just means your well traveled...

Hell I have traveled all over the world for work as a photojournalist, and I have Fought terrorists,drug runners, and helped topple unethical leaders, with the tenth mountain division...I have watch friends killed, and my brother was murdered by a thief and that is all true...but that doesnt mean a thing except we have "LIVED"

but typing on the other hand shows alot (not a word) about a person..

as far as you numbers about the crime rate....look into what those crimes actually were... you have a tyrannical ruling family that punishes any offense of course they will have a high crime rate.. as far as the executions same thing.... note "Tyrannical"...... doesnt mean that they actually have a high crime rate such a violent crimes or even thievery unless you call stealing food to live...most of there executions are political executions.. People who speak out against the government..

I'm not on lawnsite to have my spelling examined or typing faulted. Oh by the way, your first line in your last paragraph "as far as you numbers about the crime rate", it supposed to be AS FAR AS YOUR NUMBERS. But i guess you already knew that.

Scagguy
08-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Well......here's the latest near where I live. Happened about 50 miles away. Score one for the good guys.

A Bastrop County homeowner shot and killed a man who broke into his home, according to the Bastrop County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies went to Dillian Wilhelm's home on John Craft Road in the Red Rock area of Bastrop County. They found James Nauer shot and critically injured. He died Tuesday.

Investigators questioned and released Wilhelm.

zz4guy
08-27-2008, 09:00 PM
no.

but, i bet hed learn his lesson and wouldnt do it again.

im from the north, btw

WHAT?! :dizzy:

I agree with everybody here that says shoot first if you feel threatened. But once the situation is under control thats when you need to stop. Obviously we are missing a lot of the facts in this story.

punt66
08-27-2008, 09:03 PM
"...I have watch friends killed" Oh i missed this one as well. Isnt it I have WATCHED?? But i guess you knew that too. See how annoying that is genius or is it gineus or is it geneus? Oh i guess its was genius. hhmm hahha

mtnzone
08-27-2008, 10:40 PM
"...I have watch friends killed" Oh i missed this one as well. Isnt it I have WATCHED?? But i guess you knew that too. See how annoying that is genius or is it gineus or is it geneus? Oh i guess its was genius. hhmm hahha

*trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag* lol you got me but you got to admit SENCE was pretty bad.............:hammerhead:

punt66
08-27-2008, 10:45 PM
*trucewhiteflag**trucewhiteflag* lol you got me but you got to admit SENCE was pretty bad.............:hammerhead:

I just type away. Sometimes i dont hit a button hard enough or spend the extra milisecond to think about spelling. so what. I'm not in school and thats not why i am on this site. But thanks for pointing it out. :drinkup:

B_gerrits
08-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Ah...the land of fruits and nuts. .
Well at first I didn't quite know how to take this statement but i'm sure not a fruit so that would make me nuts and on this web site I would be in good company. Nuts = different and anyone who likes to do what we do is different. Most americans are lazy so if your aren't your nuts. Most americans dont like to get dirty but if i'm not dirty I'm not making money how about you?

Had the owner been there defending his property, he may have been able to a least beat the guy up.

Well that depends on weather you have money or not hell OJ Simpsons got a way with killing his wife here. it is kinda crazy here but really there is no other climate better than this. I can drive to the ocean in 45 min, I can go to the redwoods same time. I dont live in the snow but if I want 3 hrs gets me there.
We have about 10 days over 100 degrees in summer and rarely dip below 30 degrees in the winter all with no hurricanes. I may like your laws better and sure could live without the (fruit) but believe me brother you got your share of nuts!

Scagguy
08-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Well at first I didn't quite know how to take this statement but i'm sure not a fruit so that would make me nuts and on this web site I would be in good company. Nuts = different and anyone who likes to do what we do is different. Most americans are lazy so if your aren't your nuts. Most americans dont like to get dirty but if i'm not dirty I'm not making money how about you?

Well that depends on weather you have money or not hell OJ Simpsons got a way with killing his wife here. it is kinda crazy here but really there is no other climate better than this. I can drive to the ocean in 45 min, I can go to the redwoods same time. I dont live in the snow but if I want 3 hrs gets me there.
We have about 10 days over 100 degrees in summer and rarely dip below 30 degrees in the winter all with no hurricanes. I may like your laws better and sure could live without the (fruit) but believe me brother you got your share of nuts!

I meant no disrespect for you about the fruit and nuts comment. It's just a general saying here about what we see there. Some of the laws that are on the books in your state imo are laughable. Could be that there were some officals that were closet hippies high on weed when they passed some of those laws. The OJ trail was a joke. Judge Ito was a total idiot. I have my opinions about that trail but they aren't printable here.

lawnman_scott
08-28-2008, 12:27 AM
k,

haha ok. im not worried about my spelling or typing skills on lawnsite. Calling people names because you dont agree with thier opinions makes who an idiot? I have already quoted sources and i dont need to do anymore. Another know it all teenager im sure.All you can do is bash someone because you think they are a teenager or from the south. You seem like a real............

westsweeper4
08-28-2008, 12:59 AM
I guess punt also likes to support the criminal in jail....

I sure as hell dont want my taxes going to pay for some bum who resorts to stealing

punt66
08-28-2008, 06:45 AM

hahaha thats funny right there! and absolutely true.

punt66
08-28-2008, 06:46 AM
All you can do is bash someone because you think they are a teenager or from the south. You seem like a real............

bashing? im not the one calling names. haha but im sure your another one.

lawnman_scott
08-28-2008, 11:39 PM
bashing? im not the one calling names. haha but im sure your another one.
Another one what? I am over 40 and from the north origanally. The south is so much nicer in most ways.

punt66
08-29-2008, 07:44 AM
Another one what? I am over 40 and from the north origanally. The south is so much nicer in most ways.

thats 3rd grade grammer

Lawnworks
08-29-2008, 06:31 PM
thats 3rd grade grammer

LOL and you are one to talk!!! You don't have the intellect to be an elitist.

B_gerrits
08-29-2008, 09:00 PM
I meant no disrespect for you about the fruit and nuts comment. It's just a general saying here about what we see there. Some of the laws that are on the books in your state imo are laughable. Could be that there were some officals that were closet hippies high on weed when they passed some of those laws. The OJ trail was a joke. Judge Ito was a total idiot. I have my opinions about that trail but they aren't printable here.

No offence was taken. Its actually a pretty funny statement( that is it would be if it wasn't so true) I have decided that I must be nuts doing what I do for a living. Anyways I don't think the officials were closet hippies they had to be smoking crack not pot.

B_gerrits
08-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Well this post has been mildly entertaining but disturbing at the same time. Does anyone actually know the facts on this one. how old was the thief? Has the thief really been beaten to the point of suffering brain damage? If the thief was a kid and the lco beat him so severally that he suffered brain damage I think the lco should go to jail. who can honestly say they didn't screw up when they were in their teens. Punt 66 is right in the fact that people can change their lives around and beating someone to the point of brain damage is not acceptable. I am all in favor of beating a thiefs Azz and turning him over to the law but dont you guys think that beating a person to this extent actually makes the lco even worse than the theif, especially if he was just a kid?

mtnzone
08-30-2008, 08:39 AM
Well this post has been mildly entertaining but disturbing at the same time. Does anyone actually know the facts on this one. how old was the thief? Has the thief really been beaten to the point of suffering brain damage? If the thief was a kid and the lco beat him so severally that he suffered brain damage I think the lco should go to jail. who can honestly say they didn't screw up when they were in their teens. Punt 66 is right in the fact that people can change their lives around and beating Iomeone to the point of brain damage is not acceptable. I am all in favor of beating a thiefs Azz and turning him over to the law but dont you guys think that beating a person to this extent actually makes the lco even worse than the theif, especially if he was just a kid?

i totally concur, but turn this around.. the kid made a mistake or maybe he didnt.. he still tried to steal someones property and you have the right to protect your property. part of the second amendment.

but in doing so the LCO beat the kid, hurting him greatly.. maybe he only meant to hurt the kid, not to put him in the hospital fighting for his life... maybe that was a mistake..... who is more wrong.. the person who decided to steal someones else's property, and in doing so started this whole mess, or the person who stopped him with physical force.

Rickco
08-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Age of the criminals does't matter. 16 or 66 they made a choice to take from someone,knowing that it was wrong. They decided to cross that line. If they were arrested,beaten badly or even killed so be it. If they had not started this ball in motion they wouldn't have to worry about it. Life is all about choices,good or bad,we all have to make them.

B_gerrits
08-30-2008, 12:07 PM
Age of the criminals does't matter. 16 or 66 they made a choice to take from someone,knowing that it was wrong. They decided to cross that line. If they were arrested,beaten badly or even killed so be it. If they had not started this ball in motion they wouldn't have to worry about it. Life is all about choices,good or bad,we all have to make them.

Well I think the lco snapped and unless a weapon was involved most full grown men could subdue a teen without beating him to this extent. In this country we have a thing called due process and vigilante law is illegal. You are right we all have choices and the lco made a bad one too. He will now probaly go to prison and lose all he has in a lawsuit. This makes me wonder what I would do if I caught someone trying to steal my stuff. Hopefully I will remember this thread aim low enough to subdue the perp and turn them in to 5 O

mtnzone
08-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Well I think the lco snapped and unless a weapon was involved most full grown men could subdue a teen without beating him to this extent. In this country we have a thing called due process and vigilante law is illegal. You are right we all have choices and the lco made a bad one too. He will now probaly go to prison and lose all he has in a lawsuit. This makes me wonder what I would do if I caught someone trying to steal my stuff. Hopefully I will remember this thread aim low enough to subdue the perp and turn them in to 5 O

yeah like all teenagers are skinny runts......where do you live?

punt66
08-30-2008, 12:35 PM
i totally concur, but turn this around.. the kid made a mistake or maybe he didnt.. he still tried to steal someones property and you have the right to protect your property. part of the second amendment.

but in doing so the LCO beat the kid, hurting him greatly.. maybe he only meant to hurt the kid, not to put him in the hospital fighting for his life... maybe that was a mistake..... who is more wrong.. the person who decided to steal someones else's property, and in doing so started this whole mess, or the person who stopped him with physical force.

If the kid is fighting for his life with head injures dont you think he went way past "stopping him with physical force"? Thats why the lco is in jail. The kid deserved a punch or two. But a beating to the last inch of his life is beyond excessive. Its attempted murder. The kid didnt attack him he attacked the kid. I am sure a good shout would have scared him off. People keep saying im defending criminals. Its not about defending criminals. These are the same people who likely are pro life, go figure.

Lawnworks
08-30-2008, 12:57 PM
The guys said "closed head injury"... not exactly brain damage. How do you prove that he went overboard... he could have hit the guy twice!

punt66
08-30-2008, 12:59 PM
The guys said "closed head injury"... not exactly brain damage. How do you prove that he went overboard... he could have hit the guy twice!

if he hit him twice he wouldnt be sitting in jail.

B_gerrits
08-30-2008, 01:23 PM
Read and remember this:

Wow that story was amazing to all of you guys that say shoot the bassterd read this story posted by topsites post 18 it just might change your opinion.

LawnProLandCare
08-30-2008, 01:25 PM
thats 3rd grade grammer

if your going to bash someone maybe you should look the spelling up before you try typing champ... its Grammar, NOT grammer!!! teenagers :nono:

B_gerrits
08-30-2008, 01:48 PM
yeah like all teenagers are skinny runts......where do you live?

Please note I said most. Don't get me wrong but couldn't you flatten most teens? I know there are teens that could flatten me but not most. The fact is we don't know all the facts. We don't know how many times the lco hit the perp. Apparently we don't know the real extent of the perps injury. All I know is unless you are in imminent danger there is no excuse to beat someone to the point of severe damage or death IMO everbody is entitled to their own opinion. One thing I do know personally even if I had to hurt a person for my own protection I would not feel good about it.

punt66
08-30-2008, 03:05 PM
if your going to bash someone maybe you should look the spelling up before you try typing champ... its Grammar, NOT grammer!!! teenagers :nono:

im 6'4 330lbs with huge fingers. Sorry if my missed button on my laptop bothered you so hahah

B_gerrits
08-30-2008, 03:45 PM
im 6'4 330lbs with huge fingers. Sorry if my missed button on my laptop bothered you so hahah

Hey Punt why do you keep responding to this stuff we are landscapers not english majors and I wish I had a dime for every typo on this web site. Anyways I don't think any typos diminish the message you posted. I think everyone has the right to defend person and property but I also think nobody has the right to be judge, jury, and executioner

punt66
08-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Hey Punt why do you keep responding to this stuff we are landscapers not english majors and I wish I had a dime for every typo on this web site. Anyways I don't think any typos diminish the message you posted. I think everyone has the right to defend person and property but I also think nobody has the right to be judge, jury, and executioner

I try not to but sometimes i cant resist myself. Those pointless posts are just that and your right. They arnt worth responding to. Sometimes i just like to point out the obvious i guess. Its laughable that ones debate they know they cant win turns into a spelling bee or personal attack. I guess for me its like a form of entertainment, like going to the zoo. :)

TXNSLighting
08-30-2008, 05:25 PM
If the kid is fighting for his life with head injures dont you think he went way past "stopping him with physical force"? Thats why the lco is in jail. The kid deserved a punch or two. But a beating to the last inch of his life is beyond excessive. Its attempted murder. The kid didnt attack him he attacked the kid. I am sure a good shout would have scared him off. People keep saying im defending criminals. Its not about defending criminals. These are the same people who likely are pro life, go figure.

You're defending criminals, plain and simple. Its obvious to me and majority of others on here.

punt66
08-30-2008, 05:31 PM
You're defending criminals, plain and simple. Its obvious to me and majority of others on here.

this is a stolen equipment forum you dont belong here haha. Isnt that what you lighting guys always say to me when i visit a lighting thread? Priceless. Ok tex. shoot em up. Because thats what this country needs. Besides i can see your smarter than and judge and legislaters that put the laws on the the books. yyeeaaa hhaawww

Lawnworks
08-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Maybe you haven't had thousands of dollars of equipment stolen like the rest of us w/ no justice. I have watched on serviellance(sp) cam two of my backbacks go walking off w/ no justice. It is nice to see someone gets what they deserve when they try to rob us and our families of our livelihood.

And you were one of the ones to bring up "grammer." You need to get the speck out of your own eye before you accuse others.

I just bought my wife a S&W .38 today. She is going to get her concealed permit and put it to use. The more guns out there the better... lord knows the thieves will NEVER have trouble getting there hands on a "piece"... might as well even the playing field.

punt66
08-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Well if you were legit with insurance it wouldnt be that big a deal. I have had things stolen including a tri-axle dumptruck worth over $75,000. Is a life worth $75,000? Shot to kill in a personal attack. But a theft. no way. Police cant even use deadly force on a un armed man but you think your above the law. Most gun shootings and deaths happen within the home with their own gun. But do as you want.

Frontier-Lawn
08-30-2008, 09:04 PM
in fl we can now shoot the punk with no problems

punt66
08-30-2008, 09:11 PM
in fl we can now shoot the punk with no problems

really? i doubt that. My friend (state trooper) in Naples, collier county, where my condo is, tasered a mexican in the back who was running away and because the mexican was in a canal the water somehow intensified the shock enough to kill him. My friend was charged and although eventually cleared. As i understood it he was charged and investigated for using unnecessary force. He was cleared and is back on the job but it doesnt sound like your laws are much different there than here. Dont throw your lives away for some punk.

Lawnworks
08-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Well if you were legit with insurance it wouldnt be that big a deal. I have had things stolen including a tri-axle dumptruck worth over $75,000. Is a life worth $75,000? Shot to kill in a personal attack. But a theft. no way. Police cant even use deadly force on a un armed man but you think your above the law. Most gun shootings and deaths happen within the home with their own gun. But do as you want.

I just think you should have a right to protect your private property. The thief needs to evaluate if his life is worth 75,000 dollars...

TXNSLighting
08-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Maybe you haven't had thousands of dollars of equipment stolen like the rest of us w/ no justice. I have watched on serviellance(sp) cam two of my backbacks go walking off w/ no justice. It is nice to see someone gets what they deserve when they try to rob us and our families of our livelihood.

And you were one of the ones to bring up "grammer." You need to get the speck out of your own eye before you accuse others.

I just bought my wife a S&W .38 today. She is going to get her concealed permit and put it to use. The more guns out there the better... lord knows the thieves will NEVER have trouble getting there hands on a "piece"... might as well even the playing field.

Thanks you! I guarantee he hasnt had anything stolen from him.

TXNSLighting
08-31-2008, 12:41 PM
this is a stolen equipment forum you dont belong here haha. Isnt that what you lighting guys always say to me when i visit a lighting thread? Priceless. Ok tex. shoot em up. Because thats what this country needs. Besides i can see your smarter than and judge and legislaters that put the laws on the the books. yyeeaaa hhaawww

Yes i do belong here cuz ive had stuff stolen that i worked my a$$ off for. I bet if it happened to you you wouldnt be a ****** defending dirt bag crooks!

TXNSLighting
08-31-2008, 12:42 PM
I just think you should have a right to protect your private property. The thief needs to evaluate if his life is worth 75,000 dollars...

:clapping::clapping::clapping: Yes!

mag360
08-31-2008, 01:14 PM

He's had some stuff stolen.

Scagguy
08-31-2008, 01:16 PM

I believe it's not $75,000 but more like $1.00. That's what 1 Speer Gold Dot 40 cal 180GDHP cost me. Should the thief ask himself THAT question, I'd bet he would say yes and walk away. The problem is, they are too stupid and think nothing will happen to them.

Lawnworks
08-31-2008, 02:04 PM
I believe it's not $75,000 but more like $1.00. That's what 1 Speer Gold Dot 40 cal 180GDHP cost me. Should the thief ask himself THAT question, I'd bet he would say yes and walk away. The problem is, they are too stupid and think nothing will happen to them.

lol... I take it your an accurate shooter!! My clip holds 15 rounds just in case!

punt66
08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
lol... I take it your an accurate shooter!! My clip holds 15 rounds just in case!

My tri axle was stolen by an organized crime ring. The FBI got involved because a pattern was forming with heavy equipment thefts. The FBI told me the equipment gets dismantled and put on ships to never be seen again. If you think an organized crime guy will be scared of anything you bring out ive got news for you. They are also not stupid. Those guys should recieve no mercy. However i will not get into a shoot out with them to possibly lose my life ove a piece of insured equipment. I have also had a skidseer stole and have watched from across a yard a thug running down the road with my cutoff saw. I have had more things stolen than most have you have even owned. Still wont shoot over it. I wont lie, my first reaction is pure anger and i feel like i want to kill them but then logic takes over.

Lawnworks
08-31-2008, 08:09 PM
My tri axle was stolen by an organized crime ring. The FBI got involved because a pattern was forming with heavy equipment thefts. The FBI told me the equipment gets dismantled and put on ships to never be seen again. If you think an organized crime guy will be scared of anything you bring out ive got news for you. They are also not stupid. Those guys should recieve no mercy. However i will not get into a shoot out with them to possibly lose my life ove a piece of insured equipment. I have also had a skidseer stole and have watched from across a yard a thug running down the road with my cutoff saw. I have had more things stolen than most have you have even owned. Still wont shoot over it. I wont lie, my first reaction is pure anger and i feel like i want to kill them but then logic takes over.

Come on man... you are a solo operator. Don't act like you have it going on when you don't. Go put your pannies back on.

punt66
08-31-2008, 08:13 PM
Come on man... you are a solo operator. Don't act like you have it going on when you don't. Go put your pannies back on.

haha i am now. I owned a construction company for 11 years. Had 3 fulltime crews. A bit over 3 years ago i was forced to give it up when i was diagnosed with brain cancer. So i went the easy route and mow lawns. I should have just retired like the doc wanted me too. Lawnworks you and Green team should hold hands and sing campfire songs with the rest of the children on here.

South Florida Lawns
10-11-2008, 12:43 PM
He should have just killed them end of story.

Thats what I would do, In Florida you shoot first ask questions later. Thats no lie either.

Dunn's
10-11-2008, 03:50 PM
haha i am now. I owned a construction company for 11 years. Had 3 fulltime crews. A bit over 3 years ago i was forced to give it up when i was diagnosed with brain cancer. So i went the easy route and mow lawns. I should have just retired like the doc wanted me too. Lawnworks you and Green team should hold hands and sing campfire songs with the rest of the children on here.

So that's what wrong with you.

I can see how that would have messed with something in there and screwed up your logic.

Green Team Landscaping
10-11-2008, 06:15 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Would you like some ice for that burn punt? Thanks for resuming this thread. I didn't realize he threw out a cheap shot that I didnt see.

punt66
10-11-2008, 09:59 PM
OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! Would you like some ice for that burn punt? Thanks for resuming this thread. I didn't realize he threw out a cheap shot that I didnt see.

oh yea, my feelings are so hurt. Idiots.

Lawnworks
10-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Are you Pro-life?

TXNSLighting
10-11-2008, 11:47 PM
He should have just killed them end of story.

Thats what I would do, In Florida you shoot first ask questions later. Thats no lie either.

O why did you have to bring this one back up...your going to get the punt 66 guy goin again!

Anyway, FLoridas ok in my book now!! ha!

Green Team Landscaping
10-12-2008, 07:56 AM
Resorting to name calling? Trying to make yourself better than others? It's Lawnsite buddy. Act your age, not your shoe size.

Kennedy Landscaping
10-13-2008, 01:44 AM
I would sit back and watch them steal it while i'm on the phone with the police telling them it is in progress. That will get them there in under three minutes. If they try to leave I simply get in my truck and its on! EVOC driving would take over at that point. Bottom line is if someone tried to steal my stuff that I worked so hard for I would f*** them up. Big time. I think that guy got what he deserved

TXNSLighting
10-14-2008, 05:35 PM
I would sit back and watch them steal it while i'm on the phone with the police telling them it is in progress. That will get them there in under three minutes. If they try to leave I simply get in my truck and its on! EVOC driving would take over at that point. Bottom line is if someone tried to steal my stuff that I worked so hard for I would f*** them up. Big time. I think that guy got what he deserved

he definately deserved it.

CGlisson
03-12-2009, 11:20 PM
So that's what wrong with you.

I can see how that would have messed with something in there and screwed up your logic.

Since when is it okay to make fun of someone with a life threatening health issue they have no control over?

What would your mother say?:nono: