PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

paully25
07-27-2008, 11:48 AM
just starting out in the biz, looking for the best forms of advertising to get the word out to potential customers.........thank you, all feedback is greately appreciated

Mike Leary
07-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Irrigation only?

FIMCO-MEISTER
07-27-2008, 01:12 PM
just starting out in the biz, looking for the best forms of advertising to get the word out to potential customers.........thank you, all feedback is greately appreciated

Get a professional looking vehicle with great lettering and drive around the neighborhoods you want to be in. Find nice landscapes to park around. Especially on Sat and Sun. when people are home and out in their yards.

Mike Leary
07-27-2008, 01:16 PM
Get a professional looking vehicle with great lettering and drive around the neighborhoods you want to be in. Find nice landscapes to park around. Especially on Sat and Sun. when people are home and out in their yards.

Until the cops come and haul you away thinking you're casing the joints.

greenmonster304
07-27-2008, 02:09 PM
this is my first year and I have not advertized at all. I have been lucky that I had a good reputation while working for other people so when they heard I had my my own co. they found me. And I also talked to any one I knew in the landscaping, construction, property management, realestate, landscape arcitects fields and told them I was now on my own. I also talked to other irr co. and asked if they ever need help on a big job I could help fill in when I was slow and that has helped alot.

I thought it was interesting how much easier it has been finding jobs for myself as aposed to being the manager for another company for the simple reason that a lot of people would rather work with a guy just starting out then a big outfit. I have been pretty lucky I started in april and now have 52 properties I take care of, I know that doesn't sound like a lot to most people but I live in an area where the lots are big with second homes on them and I average about 40 to 50 hours a week.

Wet_Boots
07-27-2008, 02:23 PM
this is my first year and I have not advertized at all. I have been lucky that I had a good reputation while working for other people so when they heard I had my my own co. they found me. And I also talked to any one I knew in the landscaping, construction, property management, realestate, landscape arcitects fields and told them I was now on my own. I also talked to other irr co. and asked if they ever need help on a big job I could help fill in when I was slow and that has helped alot.

I thought it was interesting how much easier it has been finding jobs for myself as aposed to being the manager for another company for the simple reason that a lot of people would rather work with a guy just starting out then a big outfit. I have been pretty lucky I started in april and now have 52 properties I take care of, I know that doesn't sound like a lot to most people but I live in an area where the lots are big with second homes on them and I average about 40 to 50 hours a week.

Good for you! And all that nice sandy soil, too.

Mike Leary
07-27-2008, 02:49 PM
Other than the spelling nazi lurking around, Greenman makes good points.

greenmonster304
07-27-2008, 03:11 PM
also, I dont know if you have a machine but somtimes I will pull jobs for companies that dont have one.

Wet_Boots
07-27-2008, 03:18 PM
also, I dont know if you have a machine but somtimes I will pull jobs for companies that dont have one.Hopefully, the locates are all up to snuff. ;)