PDA

View Full Version : Grassy weed corrections Fast!

noplay007
07-27-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi to all and thank you in advance for your help....
I have a propect customer who called me on Friday 7/25/08 and wants me to fix what the national company didnt do.....(basicly way way way under application rate) but her yard looked really good untill about a week or so ago and grassy weed has busted right out on it ....it has some broadleaf in it so...I guess here is the question I need to treat the lawn what is going to take care of it the quickest....she told me do what I have to do but I also dont want to burn the lawn up.....its been average of 85% with high humidity levels 70-85% Any suggestions?

jbturf
07-27-2008, 05:46 PM
what is this grassy weed you are targeting?
and what broadleafs (in majority)?

is it irrigated and do you have any control over mowing?

RAlmaroad
07-27-2008, 06:06 PM
Could you post some photographs and list your turf? Otherwise everything is a shot in the dark. Get in close to the weeds as your camera will allow.

PSUTURFGEEK
07-27-2008, 09:27 PM
if it's just a neglected yard, I would first start by giving it a blanket q4 application and clear up the broadleaf and grassy weeds that are there, by then see what you have left, you then may have to treat with another chemical or maybe it's just non- selective stuff left in the lawn, if so you need to sell a drill seed and nail it with starter fert and then the wait begins.

RigglePLC
07-27-2008, 10:57 PM
Sounds like crabgrass. You need Drive herbicide--repeated treatments. Costly product. Get a licensed company with good experience to do it.

Runner
07-27-2008, 11:30 PM
I would say hire a local licensed company that is knowledgeable and knows exactly what the target is before dumping a bunch of pesticides on it as a guessing game.

noplay007
07-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Sorry guys taken care of..........MSMA one shot ...........and its dropping dead like mad....was a comination of Goose, crabgrass.....had some light nutsedge. We are doing arration and split seed it..in the fall.....And I do have a license and a knowledge of this busness. But the busness, it changes and I have had some people offer some very good advise on products that perform better that others in certian circumstances...such is the case of why I gave the over-all temp & Humidity level. sorry I didnt include that it a transtional blend grass seed that really wasnt done properly She also had TG supposed to be treating the place that is 35,000 sqr ft. after doing some calculations I found out that they were WAY under applying the products....Now I am fast and have the best equipment but it took 15 mins for them to apply 55 gallons of "broadleaf + Fert prevention then left a proposal for 525.00 for arration and 550.00 to do a split seeding 4lbs per 1000sqft What do you think? I thought that was kinda high? I could be wrong though

PSUTURFGEEK
07-28-2008, 11:43 PM
The most surprising part of the qoute to me is the aeration and slice seeding is priced almost the same, just seems a little off to me.

lawns Etc
07-29-2008, 02:00 AM
I wish I could get $550 for aeration only of 35k would be around $300 here