PDA

View Full Version : Future Trailer

quadracer_13
07-27-2008, 06:04 PM
This is the kinda trailer im lookin at getting. Got racks for weed eaters/edgers, a place for your cooler, hanger for your blower, rakes/shovels rack, and an upper box for gas cans and other stuff. What do you think? Anything I should add?

DoetschOutdoor
07-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Looks good but I'd add a few feet to the trailer. You know what will work best for you but everyone says get the biggest you can because you will outgrow a small trailer quickly.

KrayzKajun
07-27-2008, 08:14 PM
im glad i got a 16' trailer. its amazing how fast you run out of space
i need to put my racks on mine
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/KrayzKajun/DSC01484.jpg

quadracer_13
07-27-2008, 08:25 PM
what does something like that run price wise?

KrayzKajun
07-27-2008, 09:11 PM
what does something like that run price wise?

BRAND NEW PROLLY BOUT $3000

i had the 16' utility trailer jus lying around. I decided to add the basket and ramps side/back. Cost me $900 to add the extras.

dura to the max
07-27-2008, 09:54 PM
i bought a 16' w/o the extra gate for 2k w/ 3 place trimmer racks and a cage. dual axle, brakes etc...

Rons Rightway Lawncare
07-27-2008, 11:22 PM
I would advise against ever cutting up a trailer and adding a side gate. The upper rails on a trailer are part of the framework that gives the trailer it's strength. Cutting out the upper rail to add in a side gate weakens the trailer and forces the steel under the floor to take all of the load. It might be okay, but it certainly weakens the trailer.

The picture of the red trailer looks nice, but keep in mind, that trailer likely has a 3500 pound axle under it and the trailer itself probably weights in close to 1000 pounds without any equipment on it. One ZTR and all the other stuff added to it and the trailers axle is nearly at its limit. This is the reason most just go with a tandem axle trailer, even with the shorter 12-14 foot lengths.

I see trailers like this red one, all the time in my area with the wheels and tires all bent inwards at the top, from over loading it and bending the axle.

I will say one nice thing about a single axle trailer is the tires last a LOT longer than the tires on a tandem axle trailer last.

Last two cents on the subject, but have you considered a enclosed trailer? On Ebay you can find 6x12 enclosed trailers for under 2000$ new, and it sure is nice working out of a enclosed trailer.... Keeps the sun and rain off the mowers when not using them, much more options as far as storage for all your tools, and even gives you a nice private place to take a leak when your out working and need to take a whiz.

quadracer_13
07-27-2008, 11:42 PM
i was thinking about looking into an enclosed trailer but i thought they were a lot more expensive than that. i may look into one now.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
07-28-2008, 12:35 AM
I have a very nice 7x16 foot enclosed I bought new a few months ago, paid 3200$ for it, bought it from a place on the internet and drove to Georgia to pick it up. 6x12 trailers are real cheap to buy though, check ebay

eblankenship
07-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Dura to the max, where did you buy your trailer?

DoetschOutdoor
07-28-2008, 01:31 PM
I did the same thing with buying a trailer recently off of the ebay store. Only glitch was I drove down south to get it and the drivers' truck had broke down so we waited a whole day in the middle of no where to get my trailer. That being said, I easily saved over $1k, even with gas being as high as it is. I paid 2600 for a 6 x 12 V nose ( so actually just shy of 6x14). I did a ton of research on trailers and there is nothing cheap about those trailers except they are made in mass quantity down south and you can save alot if your willing to drive.

dura to the max
07-28-2008, 07:57 PM
southern trailer sales in macon ga, this is the 2nd trailer that i've bought from these guys and really like them. (i sold the 1st trailer b/c i HATED working out of an enclosed trailer). they have some great prices on good trailers and have good customer service too. they stock most common sized trailers, but i would call 1st.

TXNSLighting
07-28-2008, 10:03 PM
I just bought a 16' for only 1100. for a couple hundred i could put the trimmer racks, cage, and jug mount on.

flydelsolsi
07-28-2008, 10:30 PM
sounds like you guys are getting some good deals!