PDA

View Full Version : Permagreen Question

LushGreenLawn
07-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Has anyone ever modified their Permagreen to spray more per 1000 sq. ft.?

I am looking to get at least 1 gallon per 1000 sq. ft.

I realize I could slow down to 1 MPH, or run over the turf 4 times, but obviously I still want to stay productive and run at a decent speed and go over the turf once.

TSC does sell a pump that is over 3gpm, but I would assume that I would have to change tips and mabye pressure caps.

Runner
07-27-2008, 11:49 PM
This is a great question. While there are many on here who have put larger pumps on, I believe there is only one person who made the nozzle changes and such. I just can't remember who it was....
Now, I DO know (and we just discussed this again a few days ago) that like on my PG (Ultra SE), My 8 gallon tank normally sprays 32M per tank (4M /gal.). When I keep the high speed nozzles on, and go in low speed, I am getting 2700 sq. ft. per gal..

Grandview
07-28-2008, 08:16 AM
You could switch to a 7.5 or 10 nozzle. I have used a 7.5 nozzle to increase coverage. The # 10 might not work because of the low pump capacity. I would be interested in a larger pump. What is TSC ? Can you provide a link?

RigglePLC
07-28-2008, 08:44 AM
Well Lush,
why would you want to go higher volume? The tank would run dry too quickly. However you might want to replace the pressure limit valve on top of the tank (inside the tank on the Magnum). It limits the pressure to about 10 pound per sq inch. Get an adjustable pressure relief valve.

Secondly the tubeing leading to the pump and from the pump to the nozzles may be too small. If I recall correctly, it is only 1/4 inch inside diameter, too skinny for high flow rates. You need bigger valves, also.

You may need a bigger battery and I am not sure the electric available will drive the greater power requirements of a bigger pump. How many amps does the new pump draw? Compare to the present pump amp rateing. If you can drive the pump with a belt--then no problem.