PDA

View Full Version : how do you guys get new customers

bababooie
01-18-2002, 12:03 PM
do you guys get most of your new clients from people calling you,or do you need to put out direct mailing etc. :blob3:

mdb landscaping
01-18-2002, 03:44 PM
i get all of my customers from being seen mowing neighbors lawns or putting flyers out. i like putting flyers out, because you can target nice properties that you would like to maintain. just put a name and number on your truck and trailer, and the calls will come in as well.

BigJim
01-18-2002, 04:06 PM
Yes same as above 5 new lawns this week just from being parked in the street .Thats good because all the lawns are close to current jobs keeps the round compact.:)

JimLewis
01-18-2002, 04:24 PM
This topic has been gone over a billion times here. Do a search for "advertising" or "marketing" or "flyers", etc. There are tons of ways to get new customers.

But I must agree, the two mentioned above are by far the best.

GreenStar
01-18-2002, 07:03 PM
direct mailing can be very effective if done properly. do not get suckered into buying or renting a property list. you can get all the information you need at the city or county office. i have a postal catalog from the usps that breaks down permit and size requirments. also try to setup a good relationship with a print shop, in the past i have made deals with them to put there advertising on my paper work in trade for lower pricing. if you go with a direct mail company be aware some of them are cons. before anything is mailed request to see all the material. use a postal scale or balance to set net weight of the document to be mailed. then fiqure the total weight to be sent do a weight check on the total amount. this shouldn't be off by a whole lot ( the paper industry has pretty strict tolerances). you can get a good postal scale at staples or a triple beam balance at a local head shop. sorry for the lenth but i have gotten burned before and i got this tip from an insider.

BRIAN GALLO
01-19-2002, 01:19 AM
Flyers have been my best advertising strategy by far. 2nd would be doing a good job and having a lot of satisfied customer refferals.

MOW ED
01-19-2002, 08:05 AM
I have a friend who just started doing appraisels and he has access to a computer program that has all of the houses that sold in my county over the last year.

This is by far the best target audience that I have found and I will be trying it out in about a month and a half.
He can even query into which neighborhood so I can find the expensive houses that might need some of my help.

awm
01-19-2002, 09:17 AM
for me it was advertisement first to get started (back in 80)
then do each job as if your next client were going to see it.
that with a truck sighn etc. good luck

sheppard
01-19-2002, 06:30 PM
Take it from me. The best way to get customers is to contact them directly. Pick a neighborhood/business location you want to work. Appoach the home owner directly and, in a business, find out who the decision amker is. Call them up or drop by and ask them if they are 100% satisfied with the current service. About 33% of the time in my area the answer is 'No'. Ask them if you can give them a price for your service and then ask for the business! It's just that complicated.

Cordially,
Sheppard