PDA

View Full Version : A Couple New Ways to Automate!

JoeyD
07-29-2008, 11:17 AM
I have been researching a few new products as of late and I dont think either of them are companies we have discussed on here. I am sure if anyone has heard or used any of these companies or devices it would be James or Eddie but I figured I would throw them out here and see what you guys think!

www.abtwireless.com

www.hydrovation.com

Lite4
07-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I think the links to the websites are broken. I couldn't view them.

Terradek
07-29-2008, 02:58 PM
Joey,
I just got my sample from ABT...have not set it up yet but will let you know after I play with it for awhile...Never heard of the other co. What do they have that is going to change our world?

Lite4
07-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Ok, got em open. Very cool. ABT's multizone would also be great for Demos.

David Gretzmier
07-29-2008, 11:19 PM
I wonder if the abt can "override" a regular zone. Let's say you program the unit to come on at dark, and off at 1am. homeowner hears a noise in backyard at 3 am, and hits button. does light come on? I don't think so, given that the trans is off per timer. or am I getting it wrong?

Eden Lights
07-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks Joey, I have not heard of either one. I am camping this week, but I will check them out next week.

JoeyD
07-30-2008, 11:03 AM
I dont know too much about either. I have a full ABT set up here on my desk that I havent opened yet but will today or tommorow and the Hydrovation product is brand new and we will be meating wihthat company once they have the product ready to go. I will keep you guys informed on my end but I figured I would get this out there for you guys to play with.

Pro-Scapes
07-30-2008, 07:08 PM
Gambino was testing the ABT for some time now and claims excellent results. They are if im not mistaken coming out with a remote dimmer too that works on individual runs so you will be able to use a single trans and dim the patio lights without messing with the landscape fixtures.

JoeyD
07-30-2008, 07:34 PM
I know they have a remote control too.......I am meeting with Greg w/ ABT tommorow!

Gregabt
07-30-2008, 08:55 PM
I wanted to respond to Dave's question on the ability to override the "zone" with the ZoneControl. The ZoneControl can override a programmed zone at any time with the remote.

You can turn off or on a zone at any time. A customer can turn a zone on if they hear noises late at night or want the lights to stay on for a party, etc. The program is not effected in any way and the unit will turn on and off the subsequent day at the programmed times.

I will be more than happy to respond to posted questions.

Chris J
07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks Greg. It's good to see you here!

Lite4
07-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Thanks Gregg. I love lawnsite. Where else can you get direct info right from the source like this.
Gregg, I am anxious to check this product out. It looks like you deal directly with distributors. I looked on Horizons site but could not find your product with them. Can you help me with locating sources here in my area?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
07-31-2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the info and welcome to the site Greg.

Do I have this right? The transformer would have to be on all the time in the scenario above because your product controls the secondary side (the LV circuits running to the lights) Is this correct or do I have it wrong?

Have a great day.

Mike M
07-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Adding on to James' Q:

Wouldn't you still need/recommend a separate control system for each transformer?

Looks like a great solution to control several individual runs, but not intended to replace the basic system control?

Lite4
07-31-2008, 09:38 AM
From the way I understood it, it would take the place of the standard control. It is the controller.

JoeyD
07-31-2008, 10:12 AM
If Greg doesnt get you guys these answers this morning then I will be sure to ask him for you all and respond. I too am interesed in learning more about this setup.

ccfree
07-31-2008, 10:36 AM
I just installed a unit at my house with Ted Martinez from Abt. It was very easy to install and works great. I especially like to wall plate that you can put anywhere in your house to turn the transformer on. I have the standard remote, the keychain remote , and the wall plate. The Abt just takes the place of your standard timer if I understand it correctly. The built in timer with the unit has daylight savings feature too. I got home late Sat night and turned my lights on with the keychain remote, walk into my house, and turned my lights off with the wall plate switch. Pretty cool stuff.

Tomwilllight
07-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Is this EnOcean technology? How are the transmitters powered?

Quote below is from <http://www.adhocelectronics.com/Products/EnOcean-Compatible-Receivers>

"EnOcean GmbH is the innovator and producer of the award-winning and patented battery-free wireless sensor technology used in ILLUMRA products. EnOcean’s unique combination of miniaturized energy harvesting modules with ultra-low-power radio technology is the basis for innovative maintenance-free wireless sensors"

If it is, I just installed a controller to operate my reading light. No batteries, no wires and I can take the control unit outside and dim my light inside. This is amazing technology.

Tom