PDA

View Full Version : locked gates due to 'stalker'

americanlawn
07-29-2008, 06:47 PM
We went out to treat a lawn last week. Did the front yard, but both gates were locked, so we could not do the back (heavy duty chains with large padlocks) Gates were never locked before. We tried calling her, but her phone number had been disconnected. I went out there today and left a note asking if ____ still lives here. She just called back -- said she has a "stalker" problem, and that's why she now locks her gates.

This is not the first time we've run into female customers that were being stalked (no it ain't me). :laugh:

Anybody else experience customers being stalked?

tremor
07-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Time to dump the wacko customer.

I was once stalked by a customer. It was flattering but weird. No chains though.

Victor
07-30-2008, 12:26 AM

I was once stalked by a customer. It was flattering but weird. No chains though.

I'll bet you felt kinda violated, didn't you Steve? :laugh:

whoopassonthebluegrass
07-30-2008, 05:07 AM

I hear there's good money in pimping... Don't let the phrase "manwhore" hold you back...

txgrassguy
07-30-2008, 07:54 AM
I have been stalked before by women.
It became such a pain in the ass as literally I had to check my truck for loose rims, people hiding in the back, siphoned fuel, etc - every freaking time I went to start it.
Little did I know I was practicing for my divorce.
I have done some work on properties owned by people whom believed they were being stalked. Finally ended up saying no more, kept running into locked gates (and they wanted me to return and finish the work at no extra cost)cops being called, BS nosy neighbors (who are you/what are you doing - Hello dingbat like the 3 ton truck and trailer doesn't give you a clue).
I feel for you but watch her responses as this can easily escalate into a situation where she expects special treatment from you like a discounted price, return visits, etc.

PHS
07-30-2008, 09:11 AM
Only been stalked once...learned my lesson...don't honk around with the girl next door :). After I broke it off I had to move to get my life back. Took a year for the middle of the night phone calls to stop.