PDA

View Full Version : taxidermy

jdmcat
07-30-2008, 03:07 AM
This is a customers trophy room from a couple years ago.

jdmcat
07-30-2008, 03:11 AM
more......

jdmcat
07-30-2008, 03:14 AM
and more..

Pastaboy62
07-30-2008, 09:59 AM
He shot a gray wolf. Must have been before they went on the endangered species list.

punt66
07-30-2008, 10:24 AM
Thats just nasty. I am a hunter too, but what would you want with all that in your house? He must be single. haha

STIHL GUY
07-30-2008, 10:50 AM
that looks cool but theres way too much of it lol

shethinksmytractors_sexy
07-30-2008, 11:07 AM
hell yea that is just awesome!!!!

Big C
07-30-2008, 11:45 AM
It's not that damn serious!!!!!

DoetschOutdoor
07-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Yea, I agree that it can be done tastefully and is usually really cool but that guy has way to much stuff in one little house. Good collection tho.

Chestnut Oaks Prez
07-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Lotta money:)

jdmcat
07-30-2008, 09:04 PM
He shot a gray wolf. Must have been before they went on the endangered species list.

He used to live in Alaska and apparently it was legal to hunt them when he did, probably 20+ years ago. I'm not sure but I was told up there you can still legally hunt them. I know they are planning on opening a season here in Idaho too, that is unless the tree huggers get them re-listed.

jdmcat
07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Thats just nasty. I am a hunter too, but what would you want with all that in your house? He must be single. haha

Actually it's just the two rooms in the basement, not the whole house. And I don't think his wife goes downstairs too often. :laugh:

TXNSLighting
07-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Thats a lovely room of death!

JosephLawnCare
07-30-2008, 09:50 PM
I'm going to have nightmares now, thanks. just kidding

RedMax Man
07-31-2008, 10:07 AM
LOL thats funny

FDuce
07-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Judging from pics 1 and 5 it looks like he shot a couple of Eskimos too. The hunting laws in Alaska must be pretty liberal.

jdmcat
07-31-2008, 03:32 PM
Judging from pics 1 and 5 it looks like he shot a couple of Eskimos too. The hunting laws in Alaska must be pretty liberal.

Thats hilarious! You know here in Idaho there is still a law on the books that if there are three or more "Indians" in a group it is considered a war party and it is legal to shoot them from a covered wagon using a shotgun.

punt66
07-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Thats hilarious! You know here in Idaho there is still a law on the books that if there are three or more "Indians" in a group it is considered a war party and it is legal to shoot them from a covered wagon using a shotgun.

is that american indians only? haha just kidding

mikeg1005
07-31-2008, 10:16 PM
That is a sweet collection!

stuffdeer
07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Thats awesome!

Take a look at a few pictures from my cousins.

He'll have a polar bear in there in a year or two, once he gets it back.
(Shot before put on endangered species list)
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/101_0529.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/101_0540-1.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a217/stuffdeer/101_0538.jpg

KrayzKajun
07-31-2008, 11:36 PM
I want a bear!!

PORTER 05
08-02-2008, 11:43 AM
what sick f@#* shoots a wolf, shooting a wolf is no different than shooting a dog..

i think weve done enough damage to the enviroment in the past 400 or so years weve been here and killed all the indians, i think its safe to say we should ban sport hunting, and who ever would put all of those animals up in there house has seroius mental issues..not to mention the pic with the geraf, youve got to be kidding me, theres milloins of starving people in africa, maybe the next time you travel to that counrty you shouod try helping out the people, not wasting youre money, and killing some inccoent animal-

Sydenstricker Landscaping
08-02-2008, 11:57 AM
what sick f@#* shoots a wolf, shooting a wolf is no different than shooting a dog..

i think weve done enough damage to the enviroment in the past 400 or so years weve been here and killed all the indians, i think its safe to say we should ban sport hunting, and who ever would put all of those animals up in there house has seroius mental issues..not to mention the pic with the geraf, youve got to be kidding me, theres milloins of starving people in africa, maybe the next time you travel to that counrty you shouod try helping out the people, not wasting youre money, and killing some inccoent animal-

Wow someone woke up under the wrong side of the bed!!! Who peed in your cheerios this morning???? :laugh: Ahhh I smell hippie

PORTER 05
08-02-2008, 12:11 PM
you smell right

punt66
08-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I have nothing against hunting for food. I do that. But hunting to just kill and hang a head on the wall seems just nasty. If it was a real trophy, he should of fought the wolf with his bare hands. Then mount away.

Indy Kyle
08-02-2008, 12:46 PM

what have you done to help those starving kids?

PORTER 05
08-02-2008, 02:04 PM
well , we dontate alot of money to aids awarness to africa...also i am involved in a program inwhich we send $250 to children in africa that have clefed lips, and cant afford surgery, they are medically worked on for free actually, but the money is spent on getting the kids to the programs and worked on...also for hospital fees.

this wasnt really my point, i was just saying if youre going to spend all that money and clearly have enough to go to africa to murder an inncoent animal, maybe you should be spening youre money on diffrent things that may help others or the enivroment instead of hurting it, this will get us nowhere..

mattfromNY
08-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Many of the hunting shows I watch make it a point to stress that when one of their clients take an animal, the client will enjoy a small portion of the meat to take home, and the rest goes to local food pantries. I've seen shows where a rhino or a water buffalo are harvested, and hundreds of pounds of meat are prepared for these pantries. I think if one does their homework ahead of time and uses a reliable hunting guide that donates the meat, it is not a bad thing. Starving kids wont eat the head, so might as well bring it home and hang it on the wall. (Wonder what they hang on the wall when they kill one of them blue- butt monkeys?)

NCass31
08-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Instead of sending all your money to Africa, why don't you donate to help fix our own country first? Recently out of the Marine Corps Infantry, it makes me sick that you people send so much money to other countries, when we have brave brothers and sisters that sit it hospitals, care centers, homeless shelters and even on the street. Save Darfur? Myanmar? Liberia?
Save America.
Before you send more of your American money to other nations, give these programs a look...
https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.iraqstar.org/
http://www.sanctuaryvf.org/
http://www.silverstarfamilies.org/index.html

I apologize for the thread jack...
my .02- I hunt, I fish, I eat what i catch, cook what i shoot. I mount trophies, and wish that one day i will have to opporunity to hunt the regions that the owners of those trophies have. to each his own.
beautiful work in such a skilled trade by the taxidermist.

T&J Landscaping
08-02-2008, 03:42 PM
stuffdeer the best animal in the house is the GIRAFFE

punt66
08-02-2008, 04:39 PM
Instead of sending all your money to Africa, why don't you donate to help fix our own country first? Recently out of the Marine Corps Infantry, it makes me sick that you people send so much money to other countries, when we have brave brothers and sisters that sit it hospitals, care centers, homeless shelters and even on the street. Save Darfur? Myanmar? Liberia?
Save America.
Before you send more of your American money to other nations, give these programs a look...
https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.iraqstar.org/
http://www.sanctuaryvf.org/
http://www.silverstarfamilies.org/index.html

I apologize for the thread jack...
my .02- I hunt, I fish, I eat what i catch, cook what i shoot. I mount trophies, and wish that one day i will have to opporunity to hunt the regions that the owners of those trophies have. to each his own.
beautiful work in such a skilled trade by the taxidermist.

Thanks for your service to our country. I disagree with you as far as sending money over seas. I have traveled around the world several times and have seen so many starving a suffering people. I have paid for surgery for a 3 year old philippino boy to fix his bilateral club feet so he can walk. My wife and i make missions out of our vacations and share are success with people less fortunate. I realize we have people in this country who could use the help, however the poorest people in this country have it made compared to many 3rd world countries. This country is full of opertunity and the only thing in the way to success is hard work and determination. I realize there are hardships the soldiers and their family's face especially with injuries but it doesnt compare to children all over the world who die of pnemonia, infections, malnutrition, starvation, genocide, or abandoned because their a girl. Just my opinion.

banksl&s
08-03-2008, 03:52 AM
I fully agree with Mattfromny and NCass31. I hunt and Fish and enjoy the table fair very much. If you look around and compare wild game is better for you than the junk you buy in the local Wal-Mart. Next to farm raised beef and pork you can't get anything better. By the way great taxidermy work, it looks wonderful.

Junior M
08-03-2008, 09:44 AM
the wolf was shot becuz the number of them gets so large the population has to be controlled so the state and govt allows hunting of them.. and it is hard to hunt and call in a wolf.. its not like a deer where you sit in a stand and wait on it you have to find it or call it in and you may call a wolf in and never see it.. you could call in 15 wolves and never see them becuz they blend in so well.. course it all depends on where you hunt them. but still there is a reason for him to have it on his wall.

jdmcat
08-03-2008, 06:19 PM

Why shoot a wolf? It's called conservation, not the same as protection, look it up.

Killed all the Indians? I call the Native Americans, and I live right next to the Nez Perce reservation, where there are thousands of "Indians" still breathing.

I don't hunt for sport, I hunt for food and my license and tag fees help pay for conservation of our renewable resources.

Having animal mounts in your house doesn't mean you're mentally ill. Human body parts in your freezer however does.

Just so you know, the money that all of the African hunting expeditions I've ever heard of bring in goes to the village, and the meat is given to the villagers as well. If that's not helping I don't know what is.

So far as killing innocent animals, its called the food chain, and it's a major part of the environment that we're apparently destroying.

Also, what makes you think that these people don't donate money? You don't know them from Adam, so stop making an ass of yourself by assuming.

Junior M
08-04-2008, 01:13 AM
Why shoot a wolf? It's called conservation, not the same as protection, look it up.

Killed all the Indians? I call the Native Americans, and I live right next to the Nez Perce reservation, where there are thousands of "Indians" still breathing.

I don't hunt for sport, I hunt for food and my license and tag fees help pay for conservation of our renewable resources.

Having animal mounts in your house doesn't mean you're mentally ill. Human body parts in your freezer however does.

Just so you know, the money that all of the African hunting expeditions I've ever heard of bring in goes to the village, and the meat is given to the villagers as well. If that's not helping I don't know what is.

So far as killing innocent animals, its called the food chain, and it's a major part of the environment that we're apparently destroying.

Also, what makes you think that these people don't donate money? You don't know them from Adam, so stop making an ass of yourself by assuming.
I AGREE WITH YOU!!

the state of ohio had a very short deer season for many years where you could kill only a couple deer and the deer were becoming so over populated that they were hurting crops that much more and were eventually starting to hurt people from crossing the road so now in the state of ohio you can kill i believe three deer with a gun and four or six with a bow.. i cant remember how many with a bow but last year when i went muzzleloading you could kill one buck and two does...

Even Cut Lawn Care
08-05-2008, 05:49 AM

Here is one of those tree huggers someone refered to earlier in this post!

shethinksmytractors_sexy
08-05-2008, 11:06 AM
bunch of damn hippies....

Even Cut Lawn Care
08-05-2008, 02:07 PM
He would really get fired up if I told him about Cyote hunting round my neck of the woods!!:laugh::laugh:

J&R Landscaping
08-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Beautiful work!!

poolboy
08-05-2008, 05:19 PM
That's a lot of dead animals. Where are the human heads?

02DURAMAX
08-06-2008, 02:32 AM
man that room is packed!!!

PORTER 05
08-06-2008, 01:04 PM
ya we where just talking about cyote hunting, i dont understand how people can love there dogs so much and will go to such lenghts to help them and take care of them then go and shhoot wolves.cyotes, doesnt make sense....they are the same animal....and if youre going to come up with the coservation bullcrap, domestic dogs cause alot more harm then any cyote or wolf will ever....dogs bite and kill people, and we need to make milloins of pounds of food for them every year, when was the last time you ever saw wolf of coyte hram somone, once twice ???you just want to shoot these animals cause youre all hot headed weak minded loosers and are all idoits.next time you want to shoot a wolf or coyotre, point the gun at youre dog and think at about killing it, youll think twice i bet, and you should the next time you hunt wolves/cyotes.

jdmcat
08-06-2008, 07:53 PM
ya we where just talking about cyote hunting, i dont understand how people can love there dogs so much and will go to such lenghts to help them and take care of them then go and shhoot wolves.cyotes, doesnt make sense....they are the same animal....and if youre going to come up with the coservation bullcrap, domestic dogs cause alot more harm then any cyote or wolf will ever....dogs bite and kill people, and we need to make milloins of pounds of food for them every year, when was the last time you ever saw wolf of coyte hram somone, once twice ???you just want to shoot these animals cause youre all hot headed weak minded loosers and are all idoits.next time you want to shoot a wolf or coyotre, point the gun at youre dog and think at about killing it, youll think twice i bet, and you should the next time you hunt wolves/cyotes.

First of all, proper capitalization, punctuation, and spelling would make your posts a lot easier to read. With that said, you clearly don't know what conservation is, again, go look it up.

OK, wolves are indiscriminate and opportunistic predators that feed mainly on large mammals like deer, elk, moose, etc. Since they were introduced into the northwest they have significantly reduced the number and size of elk herds in northern Idaho and they have themselves grown to such numbers that they were recently removed from the endangered species list in Idaho.

The thing about conservation is that when there are too many animals competing for the same food source, many of them will die of starvation. That is why we have hunting seasons. The increase in the population of wolves and the directly related decrease in the population of elk could potentially threaten elk to the point of extinction in years to come if left unchecked, not to mention the damage they do to livestock. Now the state of Idaho is rightly planning a season on wolves to control their numbers and help conserve the elk population. It has nothing to do with domesticated dogs biting and killing people. Does that make sense?

Now, do you still think I'm a hot-headed and weak-minded loser? Or are you the hot head who resorted to childish insults? I have no problem with people who choose not to hunt or recreate the way I do, but you should really keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you're talking about.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Even Cut Lawn Care
08-06-2008, 08:10 PM

WOW! Someone skipped grammer class! So first of all Why would I shoot a cyote? Because when one of those cyotes (that are just like dogs u say) get hungry they feast on my chickens or better yet on of my newborn calves! So, not only is it sport but it serves a purpose. Keep them thinned out and I wont lose near the calves and chickens as I would if I was to conserve them.

PORTER 05
08-06-2008, 08:13 PM
maybe if you were a vegan you wouldnt need calves and chickens , so then wouldnt have to kill coyotes.

jdmcat
08-06-2008, 08:28 PM
maybe if you were a vegan you wouldnt need calves and chickens , so then wouldnt have to kill coyotes.

If we were all vegans we would have to destroy millions of acres of wolf and coyote habitat to create farmland in order to feed ourselves.

Even Cut Lawn Care
08-07-2008, 02:12 AM

Oh my ignorant mistake! I failed to realize that chickens and cattle were only good good for their meat! :hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:
I suppose you dont eat eggs or drink milk either? Oh and guess what one most popular fertilizers for local vegetable gardens is. Any Guesses?

banksl&s
08-07-2008, 05:49 AM
I know, I know, Oh sh!t what's the point.

Junior M
08-07-2008, 09:45 AM
we have to control the population somehow! and these cyotes you speak about seem to be very undangerous and harmless little animals. unlike a coyote a cyote doesnt seem to bother children, chickens, cows, and horses like a coyote does.

oh, i get it your talking about a coyote! obviously you dont live anywhere near a large population of coyotes. or wait you live in a little cookie cutter development with six billion houses and everybody owns a mini-van and has three kids that play soccer. so that development took there habitat. but whatever we can all become vegans and let all the populations of all animals rise to unbelievable amounts to the point it would take a holocaust to get the numbers back to a suitable amount. and if you dont think that can happen come to the south and look at the number of hogs. that is exactly what will happen. sure it will take longer because a hog breeds like a rabbit but it will happen just like that. but the numbers of hogs have got so bad south carolina took the limit you could kill out on there WMA land because they were tearing everything up. but hey its ok we will all go vegan which is just fine for the tree huggers that dont see hunting as a sport and a way to feed families but more of a massacure with a bunch of hillbillies with shotguns walking through the woods shooting everything in sight.

PORTER 05
08-07-2008, 06:36 PM
i dont really understand why everyone that hunts thinks we need to regulate all these animals, and keep them in check. ever think what it used to be before we came to this country and before we killed all the indains..do you think they though it was neesasry to keep all these animlas in check, i dont think so...

why is it our right to keep these animlas in check, we are not god, typical humans, think we rule the world.then again, we invade just about every counrty we can, so ya i sopose offing some animals is no big deal when youre killing inncoent people in other countrys.

NCass31
08-07-2008, 08:01 PM
first of all, killing innocent people is a part of war. accept it. it isn't done by choice, with a few exceptions, which, in most cases the invovlded parties are prosectued. and can you tell me what the typical insurgent looks like in the countries of iraq and afghanistan? if so, please let me know so that i can forward it to my brothers abroad and we can end the war on terror. until then innocent people will become victims, just as the 2,974 (another 24 missing presumed dead), and excluding the 19 or 20 hijackers, were victims in the most horrific attack in our countries history. and i assume that your reasoning for their deaths is that it was our fault and we built our towers too tall, our apologies Osama.

secondly, an important reason for keeping these animals in check is for their species own protection. keeping the numbers in control reduces the need for them to come into established cities and towns to be struck by cars, caught in fences, stuck in swimming pools etc.. i know you're going to tear that apart but i had to say it.

lastly, have you seen the deer or other animals in overpopulated regions? thin, sick and straving. not a way i'd want to live my life...if i did, i'd probably go vegan.

Junior M
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM
i dont really understand why everyone that hunts thinks we need to regulate all these animals, and keep them in check. ever think what it used to be before we came to this country and before we killed all the indains..do you think they though it was neesasry to keep all these animlas in check, i dont think so...

why is it our right to keep these animlas in check, we are not god, typical humans, think we rule the world.then again, we invade just about every counrty we can, so ya i sopose offing some animals is no big deal when youre killing inncoent people in other countrys.
first off before human was here there werent subdivisions and farms so there werent things taking up there habitat. and you need to read a history book we didnt kill all the indians and that was then and that is your countrys past sure it wasnt great but no need to (i dont know the word) make fun of them i guess but you know what i mean. and there were so few of them they basically lived with the animals and they didnt have vehicles that could hit deer and hurt the driver and deer. and a hunter (like me) just doesnt go out and kill the deer or whatever game and walk off. we use the meat we just dont go out there to kill and walk off we go out there for the fun, to hang out with your buddies, for the sport of it and to be able to brag about how big it was. and at my hunt club we do what we call clean out hunts. we put out cameras and bags of corn to bring in the deer and then decide which deer need to go and that is usually decided upon they are old, have deformed antlers, are diseased. doing this actually makes the herd stronger because you are getting all the bad genes out of the blood line.

jdmcat
08-07-2008, 08:22 PM

I'm not even going to touch your political statement. I'll just take it as a sign that you know you are wrong and an effort to change the subject.

I don't hunt to keep animals "in check." I hunt for food and for enjoyment of the great wilderness of the Northwest. I don't understand why environmentalists thought it would be a good idea to introduce Canadian gray wolves into an area they weren't native to. Perhaps you can explain that to me.

I think I have done a fair job of explaining why game populations have to be controlled, if you still don't understand it's because you didn't read it or you are just plain ignorant. You should look into a hunter education class, they're not just for hunters, and you might learn that we do care about the environment and we're not as evil as you seem to think we are.

FYI - "Indians" killed animals too, for food, like myself and 99.9% of other hunters out there.

Look, I don't expect to change your mind and make you into a hunter or even a meat eater for that matter, but I respect your decision to live how you wish. All I ask is for the same respect and enough of your ill-informed, shoot from the hip logic. If you have a legitimate point to make, I would be happy to hear it, but so far all I see from you is uneducated gibberish.

Junior M
08-07-2008, 08:25 PM
first of all, killing innocent people is a part of war. accept it. it isn't done by choice, with a few exceptions, which, in most cases the invovlded parties are prosectued. and can you tell me what the typical insurgent looks like in the countries of iraq and afghanistan? if so, please let me know so that i can forward it to my brothers abroad and we can end the war on terror. until then innocent people will become victims, just as the 2,974 (another 24 missing presumed dead), and excluding the 19 or 20 hijackers, were victims in the most horrific attack in our countries history. and i assume that your reasoning for their deaths is that it was our fault and we built our towers too tall, our apologies Osama.

secondly, an important reason for keeping these animals in check is for their species own protection. keeping the numbers in control reduces the need for them to come into established cities and towns to be struck by cars, caught in fences, stuck in swimming pools etc.. i know you're going to tear that apart but i had to say it.

lastly, have you seen the deer or other animals in overpopulated regions? thin, sick and straving. not a way i'd want to live my life...if i did, i'd probably go vegan.
yeah your right about everything!.. and about every town in the area i am from in ohio is letting hunting inside the city limits. even where i live now is doing that just because of all the deer tearing things up and doing all the things ncass31 said.

jdmcat
08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
doing this actually makes the herd stronger because you are getting all the bad genes out of the blood line.

Absolutely, and I can think of some genes I wouldn't mind kicking out of the pool right about now...:cool2:

razor1
08-07-2008, 11:57 PM
:clapping::clapping::clapping::drinkup:

jdmcat
08-08-2008, 03:40 AM
nice one razor...

Even Cut Lawn Care
08-08-2008, 03:45 AM
The ignorance of some people never cease to amaze me!:hammerhead:

punt66
08-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Hunting is a good thing. Sport hunting is not. The pictures of that death room are just nasty. A real man wouldnt need to mount HEADS of animals he has killed for all to see anyhow. I have been hunting since i was 10 years old. I hunt rifle, blackpowder, bow (compound and long bow) and eat everything i kill and also respect those animals by not putting their heads on the wall. Do we need to do population control for some species? YES.

Junior M
08-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Hunting is a good thing. Sport hunting is not. The pictures of that death room are just nasty. A real man wouldnt need to mount HEADS of animals he has killed for all to see anyhow. I have been hunting since i was 10 years old. I hunt rifle, blackpowder, bow (compound and long bow) and eat everything i kill and also respect those animals by not putting their heads on the wall. Do we need to do population control for some species? YES.
yeah hunting is a good thing. and i kinda disagree with the mounting things. that guy has a few to many things mounted. but i think mounting the biggest buck you have ever shot isnt so wrong its almost a pride thing no i dont mean go mounting anything with antlers but just your biggest one. but that guy does have a few to many things for my liking but it is cool to see what other people have shot. and i hunt for the food and sometimes i just go to my deer stand just to sit there and watch the deer yeah i take a gun but that is just incase a monster happens to step out.

also i hunt blackpowder, bow, rifle, and i dog drive

punt66
08-08-2008, 07:50 PM
yeah hunting is a good thing. and i kinda disagree with the mounting things. that guy has a few to many things mounted. but i think mounting the biggest buck you have ever shot isnt so wrong its almost a pride thing no i dont mean go mounting anything with antlers but just your biggest one. but that guy does have a few to many things for my liking but it is cool to see what other people have shot. and i hunt for the food and sometimes i just go to my deer stand just to sit there and watch the deer yeah i take a gun but that is just incase a monster happens to step out.

also i hunt blackpowder, bow, rifle, and i dog drive

Thats what pictures a beer and a good story is for. To each his own. I just respect the animals too much i guess. I wouldnt want my head on a wall and thats how i percieve things.

Junior M
08-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Thats what pictures a beer and a good story is for. To each his own. I just respect the animals too much i guess. I wouldnt want my head on a wall and thats how i percieve things.
yeah like you said to each his own...... but do you ever go out of state to hunt?

Even Cut Lawn Care
08-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Or out of the country?

jdmcat
08-08-2008, 09:26 PM

I disagree about the respect thing. I believe mounting an animal and displaying it for yourself and others to enjoy is a great way to appreciate how majestic and beautiful they are, rather then just tossing it in the trash to rot in a landfill. These people have taken it to somewhat of an extreme but that's because they love to hunt.

I have never mounted an animal myself but believe me if I ever harvest a nice trophy buck I will definitely let it "live on" in my office. I only posted those pictures because I like big game mounts and found them interesting and I wanted to share them with others.

NCass31
08-08-2008, 10:47 PM
this thread has gotten me in the mindset so i went and checked the tree stand today, and scouted a spot for another one. can't wait to spend those cold mornings up there...
maybe when the time comes we'll start a thread with our own trophies... i hope to post a some pics of a monster, but then again, don't we all? :drinkup:

Junior M
08-08-2008, 10:50 PM
haha yeah it is gettin me in the mood to go smell some powder burn.. deer season opens here in a few weeks.. sept 15!! cant wait! haha goin to do a little dog driving and see the boys and get the pics of my first buck that i shot dec 5. i cant freakn believe i still havent got them from the guys.

punt66
08-09-2008, 12:30 AM
I have have bow hunted in florida, Vermont, New York, Massachusets, canada.

Junior M
08-09-2008, 12:35 AM
I have have bow hunted in florida, Vermont, New York, Massachusets, canada.
wow!! i muzzleload every year in coshocton, ohio with family at christmas. and i hunt here with anything that can put a deer down..... but deer here are really small!! a big doe is 115 pounds... my cousin shot a 190 pound doe last year in ohio..... but i still love it..

punt66
08-09-2008, 12:43 AM
wow!! i muzzleload every year in coshocton, ohio with family at christmas. and i hunt here with anything that can put a deer down..... but deer here are really small!! a big doe is 115 pounds... my cousin shot a 190 pound doe last year in ohio..... but i still love it..

My favorite trip was florida. Long bow hunt for bore.

Junior M
08-09-2008, 01:05 AM
i have never seen a wild hog in the wild..... i am suppose to go hog hunting here in a week or two just all depends on what work we need to get done.