PDA

View Full Version : Removing Concrete

theWRIGHTcut
07-30-2008, 01:15 PM
I have a customer that wants me to take away about 3 tons of concrete he removed from behind his shop... i have an F350 mason dump and a place to dump the material... they charge 50$ a dump, does anyone have any suggestions on what to charge per trip to the dump for something like this? I know someone is gonna reply that i need to figure out my expenses but i'm just lookin to see if anyone had a set price they charge people for this kinda thing... i'm out of central jersey... thanks!

bigviclbi
07-30-2008, 01:24 PM
Who's loading it into the truck? How many trips you planning? How far is the dump?

theWRIGHTcut
07-30-2008, 03:31 PM
just me... probably two trips and approx 10 miles away

prizeprop
07-30-2008, 06:25 PM
just me... probably two trips and approx 10 miles awayWhats up neighbor?Where are you taking it, Clayton in Edison?I dont know, maybe $60 an hour for you and $60 hour for truck, plus dumping fee. 4 hour job?$480 plus disposal.Easily clear $300 after fixed expenses of your business. Go do another job for $300 profit and not a bad days work for solo (assumption) At $600 a day. Also I'm assuming there small enough for you to hand load. Knowing what you need to make in a day makes it easier to bid.

theWRIGHTcut
07-30-2008, 09:46 PM
yep, all hand loaded... thats true, daily income easy to base a bid on... makes sense... but yeah, i figure i'm gonna charge him 100 bucks per trip to the dump... no, VOLLERS over in whitehouse... it's a straight shot down rt 22... 100 bucks per trip not including the dump fee... so we'll see how that goes... if it only winds up taking one trip i figure maybe i'll charge 135, or so? idk thanks for the figures to compare to....

fool32696
07-30-2008, 11:24 PM
I'd get a quote to get a dumpster on the job, then just figure labor to load. Concrete has to be hard on a dump bed.

sunray237
07-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Doesn't take much concrete to make a 3000 pound load.
I figure my daily rate and a tank of fuel plus dump fees.
don't be shy just give him the price and when you can do it.
If he's already your customer
, he knows your work and you are dependable and he does not have to waste his time looking for someone else.

theWRIGHTcut
07-31-2008, 12:50 PM
yeah, lol he said 3 tons... i checked it out and it might be a bit more... when i go to the recycling plant they just charge me by the size of my bed... 2 cu. yards of debris, i think this will be a solid 3 trips...

LB1234
07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm assuming you are going to go right down 22 and drop off at Vollers. Why go to edison from bridgewater.

Anyhow, figure just you and two trips is a half a day labor plus your costs. I dunno uneducated guess...500 bucks.

LB1234
07-31-2008, 06:33 PM
just read that you are going to vollers...you probablly know but they charge by load not by weight. Back of my short bed pickup runs me about 35 bucks. Dump trailer about 8 or so yards ran me around 85-90...was awhile back can't remember.

not sure if you are aware but they won't accept anything mixed in with there concrete since they are state certified. First time I ever went there I had some paper left over from some bags of concrete we repoured...I'm talking not even a handful...he made me go dumpster diving and pick all the crap out. FYI thats all.

prizeprop
07-31-2008, 10:24 PM
Is Vollers right on 22 or a bit off, directions to there would be appreciated.Maybe a cross street if on 22.Thanks

LB1234
08-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Vollers is located right off 22...HOWEVER, you need to pass vollers and make a left onto county line road and use the rear entrance which is located right next to Shemin nursery. I forget the name of the road you make the left onto after the left on county line.

prizeprop
08-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Vollers is located right off 22...HOWEVER, you need to pass vollers and make a left onto county line road and use the rear entrance which is located right next to Shemin nursery. I forget the name of the road you make the left onto after the left on county line.Thanks ,I appreciate it.

theWRIGHTcut
08-01-2008, 06:36 PM
yeah i know, the charged me 50 bucks for my mason dump... they called it 2 yards.. and yeah i was in the office and i hear the guy radio to his partner "tell that guy to pick up his coffee before he leaves.." haha they are pretty strict but what i have is purely stone concrete... not even rebarr... thanks LB1234, i was gonna try to call it a 400 dollar day or something like that... idk i'll let you guys know how it works out i'm startin at 8am on monday! so i'll post it up by noon =D

littleo92
08-02-2008, 10:58 AM
they Charge you to to bring in your concrete waste to recycle that sucks!! we have a couple of RD construction comps that just let you bring it in clean or with rebar For free I now what your all say @#@# me right? why they charging you when they are bustin it up and reusing it. it saves them money in material cost on their road projects

KrayzKajun
08-02-2008, 11:03 AM
I'd get a quote to get a dumpster on the job, then just figure labor to load. Concrete has to be hard on a dump bed.

Ditto! why damage yur truck. rent a dumpster, load it, let sumone else take it from there. Collect money!!!

theWRIGHTcut
08-02-2008, 11:56 AM
yeah, you'd figure i wouldn't have to pay to give them concrete lol....as far as the dumpster idea goes... i think i'd rather just do it with my truck... quick and easy plus i just bought the truck i wanna give it somethign to be proud of :weightlifter:

littleo92
08-02-2008, 11:59 AM
Should have got a dodge then (LOL)

theWRIGHTcut
08-02-2008, 12:01 PM
i just got an 88 F350 in EXCELLENT condition for a steal... so i'm happy with that but yeah i was lookin for a 01-02 cummins for a while

LB1234
08-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I don't just use it for concrete walks and such. We use it for all our cut pavers as well. I usually bring a dingo bucket or so back to the shope until the pile gets big enough for a pickup load and then have one of the guys travel down and unload it on a light day.