PDA

View Full Version : Completely Re-Done Baseball Field.

Cashio13
07-30-2008, 04:42 PM
Here are some before pictures of the field we just re-did. You actually had to mow where the dirt had to be...kinda funny.

Cashio13
07-30-2008, 04:45 PM
and here are the after. not bad for a quick two days work.

A-Land
07-30-2008, 06:22 PM
What park is that?

Did you just trim it and then put dirt on top?

07-30-2008, 06:38 PM
most of our baseball fields around here have about a 10' sand "runway" between Home and 1st, and Home and 3rd. Those look pretty narrow-- hate to step on that edge and twist an ankle.

kreft
07-30-2008, 06:46 PM
most of our baseball fields around here have about a 10' sand "runway" between Home and 1st, and Home and 3rd. Those look pretty narrow-- hate to step on that edge and twist an ankle.

What Edge?

Dstosh
07-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Dont worry about what others say, Looks good. I am sure the kids who play on it appriciate it.

STIHL GUY
07-30-2008, 09:33 PM
looks good to me. its a big diffrence from the first pics. keep up the good work

zak406
07-30-2008, 09:52 PM
kreft do you extra work for free?? i wouldnt and i doubt you do!! Do you do 5000 dollars of work when the customers only paying you 2500 i think not!! he did the best he could with the money he was alotted.

kreft
07-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Yes we do extra work for free. In june there was 5 weeks and we cut 5 times but we charged for 4 cuts. But the work we do for free is still top knotch, quality work.

winter of 05', a supervisor of one of our commercial properties called us at 10:00 at night. the pipes froze on one of his office trailers. we came and fixed it and got it ready for the next day. Did it for FREE!

Doing that brought us alot more work from that company that we charged for.

I can go all day long!

Last summer went to a CEO of a pharmecutical plant to level off his yard for a pool.

Did that for nothing and it brought us alot more work that we charged for.

We stand by our clients and go above and beyond thier expectations

kreft
07-30-2008, 10:19 PM
If I did that base ball feild I would only charge them for materials. I would not charge for labor, fuel, etc...

All i would ask for is to have a part of a page on all of their sports magezines, (what ever they call them) and it would say "this feild was brought to you by ________________ (company name)..... or something like that.

With doing that it would put our name out their to everyone that played on that feild, and their parents.

nmez21
07-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Unless they asked him to put down 5" of lime-based sand, clay the mound, and make sure it is within mlb regulations, then I'd say he did a good job. Theres no fence or other little "perks", so you can bet that the kids that are playing on it are pretty happy with the change- I know I would've been. Maybe not a full-blown field "re-do" but it's sure as hell an improvement.

goldrush
07-30-2008, 10:44 PM
It looks a TON better than it did before....whose to say that all the other fields in the area look any better??? Its better than playing on grass thats for sure.

Cashio13
07-30-2008, 10:54 PM
What park is that?
Did you just trim it and then put dirt on top?

First off this is in Lynn, Massachusetts, and if anyone knows about it they will know this is a drastic improvement for this city, which desperately needs it. We actually did a light tilling, raked most of the weeds and grass out, and tried to level it as best we could in the crunched amount of time and the lack of tools we had. I cannot say i simply had a drag harrow or a roller just lying around in my shed.

What Edge?

Ok i agree with you Kreft on this one, there is no edge. I have played sports all my life, I'm not going to set up an edge like you see in someones flower bed. I wasn't sinking my half moon along 90 feet to establish a 6" edge, that would just be stupid.

Dont worry about what others say, Looks good. I am sure the kids who play on it appreciate it.

looks good to me. its a big difference from the first pics. keep up the good work

Unless they asked him to put down 5" of lime-based sand, clay the mound, and make sure it is within mlb regulations, then I'd say he did a good job. Theres no fence or other little "perks", so you can bet that the kids that are playing on it are pretty happy with the change- I know I would've been. Maybe not a full-blown field "re-do" but it's sure as hell an improvement.

Thanks to you four, if anyone knows Lynn, MA, they will know that this is one of the better looking things in the town. They were not looking for it to be transformed into Fenway Park over night. It is a town field that just doesn't get maintained like it should. Again, i was not bragging, i was just simply showing the work that needed to be done and the work that got done. It was done as a gesture to the town of Lynn so the kids and adults that use the fields simply avoid injuries in the mud puddles forming and when sliding, they are sliding on loose dirt, not hard dirt, weeds, and rocks.

Cashio13
07-30-2008, 10:58 PM
Yes we do extra work for free. In june there was 5 weeks and we cut 5 times but we charged for 4 cuts. But the work we do for free is still top knotch, quality work.

winter of 05', a supervisor of one of our commercial properties called us at 10:00 at night. the pipes froze on one of his office trailers. we came and fixed it and got it ready for the next day. Did it for FREE!

I can go all day long!

Last summer went to a CEO of a pharmecutical plant to level off his yard for a pool.

Ok, good for you and obviously your company is doing very well. Judging from your signature you are and you have access to bigger equipment than we do...aka a SKID STEER AND A JOHN DEERE. I would love to have had access to that, would have made the job a lot easier and a lot better, but simply we do not have the funds to even rent that equipment, especially in a job done for free. If we could have, we would have.

ATouchofGrass
07-30-2008, 11:02 PM
Perfect, you did a great deed! I hate when people come in here and make it a contest or nit pick every little imperfection, i was just simply stating that not everyone has the funds nor has the equipment to do that kind of work in that short of time. Keep it up!

Runner
07-31-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to chime in here, if I may. From what I see, a great improvement was made. Now, you want to say it was done in two days? That an even better improvement considering the time allowed I have been in this industry for many years, and any time I see anything like this done for a good cause, I feel it should be commended. Everyone has their capacities, and we all abide by them. I thank goodness that I have been able to do a few things like this in my life and hope to do more in the future.
You keep up the good work, and do not EVER let someone's negative words or criticism discourage from doing more of this type of stuff in the future - no matter HOW much or how little you have to give.

A-Land
07-31-2008, 12:25 AM
You mean you didn't get abducted or killed in Lynn? I think there was an amber alert for four kids out of Lynn today.... Oh well just another day in Lynn

02DURAMAX
07-31-2008, 01:20 AM

I can go all day long!

Hey Kid you don't post much at all of the work you do and when you do you get beat on it to.....so you stop posting your work pic's, I would suggest if you don't what bad comments about your work, Don't bad mouth everybody Else's work.

Cashio13
07-31-2008, 07:34 AM
You mean you didn't get abducted or killed in Lynn? I think there was an amber alert for four kids out of Lynn today.... Oh well just another day in Lynn

haha im glad someone understands. Yah there was a homicide early that morning, then all of a sudden 4 kids go missing. There were 4 state trooper helicopters flying around all day.

ATouchofGrass
07-31-2008, 07:56 AM
Hey Kid you don't post much at all of the work you do and when you do you get beat on it to.....so you stop posting your work pic's, I would suggest if you don't what bad comments about your work, Don't bad mouth everybody Else's work.

Exactly, but i haven't seen any pics of there work.. Just there equipment. :confused:

LBFmd
07-31-2008, 08:23 AM
dont forget all that equipment Kreft has listed is his fathers. i do believe he is about 15 or 16 and its his fathers business.

As for the ballfield, nice job doing something for the community that didn't invole you getting paid. its nice to see some people still give a crap about where they live or in doing something for "free" without expectng more work out of it.

RedMax Man
07-31-2008, 09:26 AM
haha im glad someone understands. Yah there was a homicide early that morning, then all of a sudden 4 kids go missing. There were 4 state trooper helicopters flying around all day.
Good work buddy. Any if anyone hasn't noticed hes 19, not some 50 yold guy with a booming outta control business running every tool on the planet. Lynn isn't the gold mine of MA. And this is coming from another 19yold MA landscaper. Keep it up.

kreft
07-31-2008, 12:09 PM

what goes around comes around.

kreft
07-31-2008, 12:12 PM
what goes around comes around.

And i didn't know he was doing this for free.

DUSTYCEDAR
07-31-2008, 12:24 PM
Its Better Then It Was:)

Cashio13
07-31-2008, 04:51 PM
Good work buddy. Any if anyone hasn't noticed hes 19, not some 50 yold guy with a booming outta control business running every tool on the planet. Lynn isn't the gold mine of MA. And this is coming from another 19yold MA landscaper. Keep it up.

Thanks man, this whole thread got completely misread by the naysayers. I never bragged about what i did and im glad i got a bunch other looks good to their two hate messages, if they drove in downtown Lynn...they would understand.

Lawn Enforcer
07-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Nice improvement, way to help out the community!

MysticLandscape
07-31-2008, 06:57 PM
Ok I am from peabody an live in the next city over from where the work was done an trust me he is right lynn is a bad place so even if his work isnt up to everyone on here's standards its alot better than those people are use to he should just be lucky he didnt get shot at or anything lol

Cashio13
07-31-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok I am from peabody an live in the next city over from where the work was done an trust me he is right lynn is a bad place so even if his work isnt up to everyone on here's standards its alot better than those people are use to he should just be lucky he didnt get shot at or anything lol

haha trueee. Hey mystic...are you related to the mystic paving in middleton?

MysticLandscape
07-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Nope. What do you have for equipment..?

Cashio13
07-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Nope. What do you have for equipment..?

umm lets see:
2002 dodge dakota sport
4x4x8 Custom Trailer
5x13 Custom Trailer
21" Scotts Push w/ bag
36" Husqvarna Hydro wb
48" Lesco Hydro wb
2 Homelite wackers
Homelite blower
Earthquake Tiller
Wood Chipper
and assorted hand tools.

Just enough to keep growing and knock on wood i cant complain about any of the equipment.

MysticLandscape
07-31-2008, 10:20 PM
Not bad. If you ever come acorss somthing you can't handle or need help I have my dump truck and guys or i can get my hands on anything you need usually within a day so just shoot me a PM an we can get it done.

A-Land
07-31-2008, 10:47 PM
Not bad. If you ever come acorss somthing you can't handle or need help I have my dump truck and guys or i can get my hands on anything you need usually within a day so just shoot me a PM an we can get it done.

Yeah it's worked out pretty good when you help me, eh?

Tim's a good guy.... He has helped me a few times. Always knows what to do.... (ok... usually knows... lol)

Cashio13
07-31-2008, 11:37 PM

good to know man thanks a lot. I wish i was going to be around for the fall clean-ups to make the real money...and i sure as hell coulda used that dump many times this summer. i gotta get me one of those.

MysticLandscape
08-01-2008, 11:40 AM
good to know man thanks a lot. I wish i was going to be around for the fall clean-ups to make the real money...and i sure as hell coulda used that dump many times this summer. i gotta get me one of those.

Why where you going to be?

MysticLandscape
08-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Yeah it's worked out pretty good when you help me, eh?

Tim's a good guy.... He has helped me a few times. Always knows what to do.... (ok... usually knows... lol)

Ok wise guy. whatever happened with that job where we filled in the shed? Did you do it or another hack

A-Land
08-01-2008, 12:56 PM
Ok wise guy. whatever happened with that job where we filled in the shed? Did you do it or another hack

Haha I was just kidding.... you do always know what you're doin :weightlifter:

Evidently we got all the money out of her that she had..... The lawn looks like $hit, she won't let me spray it or have someone else do it.

No work has began at all. The dirt settled nicely though. (Although now it needs to be string trimmed.... argh :hammerhead:)

I know she got my bid, that crazy low-ball bid, and another bid by a pretty reputable guy. She said last week she didn't know what she was going to do.... great, waste 3 people's time and then don't act on anything. People are a PITA sometimes

A-Land
08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
You wern't in Ipswich earlier this week were you? I saw what I thought was your truck.... your personal truck, the blue f350 fx4.....

Hows the trimma holding up?

Cashio13
08-01-2008, 01:18 PM
Why where you going to be?

headed back up to college in maine. Preseason for soccer starts on the 17th. Makes me wish i didnt play, but only two more years.

You wern't in Ipswich earlier this week were you? I saw what I thought was your truck.... your personal truck, the blue f350 fx4.....

Hows the trimma holding up?

nah i actually dont drive a blue truck. my personal vehicle is a grand-am.

MysticLandscape
08-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I think he was talking to me cause my trucks blue? What day?

So what happens to the business when you go back to college?

Cashio13
08-01-2008, 07:17 PM

ahh i see. I got a buddy who also landscapes and we throw him our lawn accounts for the last couple weeks.

davis45
08-01-2008, 09:11 PM
dont forget all that equipment Kreft has listed is his fathers. i do believe he is about 15 or 16 and its his fathers business.

I've been wanting to say this since i joined this site but i didnt want to get my foot shoved in my mouth.

Cashio13, decent work for being in a rush and short notice, good deed you did. From the sounds of it I wouldn't even want to work in that town, haha.

A-Land
08-01-2008, 09:29 PM

Thursday, maybe around 10 am? On 133 between Essex and Ipswich. We were on our way to an account and I could have sworn I saw the truck. I didn't see your amigo in the cab... I have bad eyes though

Did your buddy come back from trucking school to work?

Cashio13
08-02-2008, 12:29 AM
I've been wanting to say this since i joined this site but i didnt want to get my foot shoved in my mouth.

Cashio13, decent work for being in a rush and short notice, good deed you did. From the sounds of it I wouldn't even want to work in that town, haha.

thanks man i appreciate it. It's a tough city, im sure the people playing on the field have no problem with it.

DLAWNS
08-02-2008, 07:53 PM
That's really cool of you to do a good deed like that. I've been wanting to do something to give back, like where I live they do the adopt a highway or something like that. I just haven't found the time. But anyway, don't listen to the people that think there work is the best. I mean constructive criticism is cool but people are way too cocky. Anyway good luck with everything.

SLC, LLC
08-02-2008, 10:34 PM
If I did that base ball feild I would only charge them for materials. I would not charge for labor, fuel, etc...

All i would ask for is to have a part of a page on all of their sports magezines, (what ever they call them) and it would say "this feild was brought to you by ________________ (company name)..... or something like that.

With doing that it would put our name out their to everyone that played on that feild, and their parents.

I'm with Kreft on this one. Never hurts to do some free work from time ti time - if it brings in more money in the long run, then go with it. Could have done a lot with that field for 2500 bucks!

kreft
08-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Thanks, I'm glad that at least theres a couple people on this site that know what i'm talking about.

Cashio13
08-03-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm with Kreft on this one. Never hurts to do some free work from time ti time - if it brings in more money in the long run, then go with it. Could have done a lot with that field for 2500 bucks!

oh i totally agree with you. if this field was actually in the budget it could have looked ten times better. However, the days we were doing it there was a homicide one morning, and an amber alert out for four kidnapped children. This being said, i don't think they had $2500 or even $1500 dollars to hand out for a field, let alone put our name in the sports magazine that they don't have.

MysticLandscape
08-04-2008, 09:39 AM
Thursday, maybe around 10 am? On 133 between Essex and Ipswich. We were on our way to an account and I could have sworn I saw the truck. I didn't see your amigo in the cab... I have bad eyes though

Did your buddy come back from trucking school to work?
Wasn't me I was in bed. Ya the other guy is back from school so now I get to take a bite of a break.

Lawnworks
08-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Wow... what a thread. Kreft I am sure you are a good kid... and I appreciate that you a hardworking guy that loves this business...BUT I don't think you really have the right to criticize or even tell this guy how to run his business, when you, yourself don't own your own business... you don't have to worry about payroll, bills, employees, etc.

As far as doing this job for free??? Wow... that thought would have NEVER crossed my mind.

A-Land
08-04-2008, 08:04 PM
As far as doing this job for free??? Wow... that thought would have NEVER crossed my mind.

He's still fairly new.... so sometimes you can do it for the publicity for free and it will pay off. Considering you have almost 5k posts you are probably a lot more into it than him, so I don't blame you. You already have all the exposure you need