PDA

View Full Version : City Landscaping

capetan
07-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Do any of you guys landscape and mow in tight congested cities, and if so what your techniques ( parking, moving around equipment, delivering materials.... )
any opinions, experiences, or techniques please post

thanks
nate

Isobel
08-02-2008, 12:51 AM
I just turned down a really easy type of job, weeding a backyard, and putting in a bunch of peastone. The problem was the only access to the backyard was to either go through the house, or down a really skinny alley way that the truck wasn't going to fit down.

So even though they were okay in paying extra, I still turned it down b/c it would have been too much of a pain.

I do do alot of work in the city, parking is sometimes a problem, but not too often. its rare taht I have to turn down job for inaccessibility.

White Gardens
08-03-2008, 02:56 PM
I feel lucky. The Metro area I live in isn't too tight compared to some of the neighborhoods in Chicago I've seen.

Dingos work great for tight excavation, only if you have a place to park to get it unloaded. Even after that, I've had to leave the equipment at the job site and take the trailer back to the shop to get it out of the way.

Orange cones for safety when double parked on the street. Powered wheelbarrows for long runs. Orange Strobe on top of the truck for safety. Even If it's tight, if the front lawn is big enough, park on it and repair if needed. Probably need to check city ordinances for parking rules too.