PDA

View Full Version : Stolen well pump

C4chris70
07-30-2008, 09:39 PM
When we arrived at one of our accounts today we noticed the yard was flooded on the side. We didn't think much of it because it has been raining every day and all the yards are very wet. When we took a closer look however, we found that someone had cut the pipe and stolen the brand new well pump and just left water pouring out. My sprinkler guy said the rate the water was flowing into the yard was about 8 gallons per minute. People will steal anything.

DCE
07-30-2008, 09:43 PM
Damn, that sucks! Could this be related to turning metal in for recycling and getting money for it? Out this way, people have been stealing catalytic converters from under vehicles and even dismantling air conditioner compressor units...all for the copper and metal to turn in to recycling and getting cash for it. Ridiculous...

STIHL GUY
07-30-2008, 09:43 PM
wow that sucks

billslawn89
07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
oh man..i hear ya, around here, i cut some clients houses that are snowbirds and i've seen a pool heater, ya a pool heater stolen...one of the neighbors houses that nobody lives at, their pool pump and of all things the ac unit..they took off the cover and cut out all the copper...its just unreal!

billslawn89
07-30-2008, 09:59 PM
add to my message from above...if they want some metal from me, i got some for them..357..LOL

DCE
07-30-2008, 10:01 PM
add to my message from above...if they want some metal from me, i got some for them..357..LOL

Forcefully delivered at no charge too! :D

Frontier-Lawn
07-30-2008, 10:06 PM
Damn, that sucks! Could this be related to turning metal in for recycling and getting money for it? Out this way, people have been stealing catalytic converters from under vehicles and even dismantling air conditioner compressor units...all for the copper and metal to turn in to recycling and getting cash for it. Ridiculous...

they can take my cat off, one less item for me to remove for a full free flow exhaust. :laugh:

Jason Rose
07-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Ok, let me get this straight... They took the pump and the water was still flowing??? I know florida has a high water table, but it actually just comes out of the ground like that if there's a well there?

mngrassguy
07-31-2008, 02:38 AM
Ok, let me get this straight... They took the pump and the water was still flowing??? I know florida has a high water table, but it actually just comes out of the ground like that if there's a well there?

LOL, I was wondering the same thing. Steel my well pump and I have no water flow except maybe what drains from the house.:confused:

f1r3w4ll
07-31-2008, 10:23 AM
They do anything for green grass, withe fertilizer and some rocks.

LawnSolutions, LLC
08-02-2008, 01:32 PM
gkals;gjds:clapping:

GravelyNut
08-10-2008, 03:22 PM
They do anything for green grass, withe fertilizer and some rocks.
Now don't go knocking the rock we sit on. And who needs fertilizer for green grass? With the rain we've had the last few days, the skeeters are growing good too. :waving:

GravelyNut
08-10-2008, 03:40 PM
In places in Florida, yes. Depending on what kind of rainfall we've had, the water might go down our well and come up less than a mile away. We've seen this on days when we got upwards of 18" of rain in one day. In extreme South Florida we have 2 different water levels underground. Biscayne Aquifer and the Floridian Aquifer. Biscayne is local only porous rock and ranges from 0 to 30' underground. Floridian is deeper and sealed by a solid rock cap that reaches anywhere from 0 to ? deep. If you drill into the Floridian you have all the pressure from elevation to North Florida water table pushing up on it.

greenmonster304
09-07-2008, 07:35 PM

it could be an artesian well they flow constantly and just use pumps to boost pressure. http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-an-artesian-well.htm