PDA

View Full Version : Hypro D252

jdmcat
07-31-2008, 01:17 AM
Does anybody use this pump for liquid applications? I currently use a 9202C and when I drag my hose across a lawn the spray surges, and it doesn't seem to pump enough volume through the 1/2" hose. I was curious if the D252 would be any better. A larger diameter hose is not an option at this point. What about the D30?

Aceco Turf Spraying
07-31-2008, 10:37 AM
9202C Hypro centrifugal should work in what your doing the flow should be consistent even in a ½” ID up to 200 foot, if your surging while spraying I am wondering if you are getting a vortex whirlpool on the suction with in the tank, there are ant-vortex tank adaptors should keep this problem from happing. Now your not going to get lots of flow at the end of the hose in the smaller long length of hose.

By the way the Hypro D252 could work but your repairs would be more often and more costly, the valve systems in that pump are quite small and could cause problems if you don’t have mechanical agitation in your tank.

heritage
07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Does anybody use this pump for liquid applications? I currently use a 9202C and when I drag my hose across a lawn the spray surges, and it doesn't seem to pump enough volume through the 1/2" hose. I was curious if the D252 would be any better. A larger diameter hose is not an option at this point. What about the D30?

Do you have a "Throttling Valve" installed on the pressure side, just before hose reel inlet hose?

For Turf Spraying the Hypro D252 is a nice lil' pump, and can be run dry as it is a diaphram pump.

The position of the Red Bypass valve on the 252 needs to be set correctly to minimize surge, as I recall.

Easy to maintain as well.
Pete

Aceco Turf Spraying
07-31-2008, 11:56 AM
Yes a throttling or a Control Block works great on the centrifugal pumps.

Aceco Turf Spraying
07-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Yes a throttling contains not spring but a tapered cone shaped seat. This allows the chemicals to flow more even back to the tank.

RigglePLC
07-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Yes, I use the Hypro D252 ( I think that is the one). Rated at 6 gallons per min and up to 250 pounds pressure. However, with 300 feet of half inch hose I get about 3 gallons per minute. A long hose has more pressure-drop due to friction. I use about a hundred pounds pressure. Six hp motor. Gear reduction.

jdmcat
08-01-2008, 02:36 AM
Yes, I use the Hypro D252 ( I think that is the one). Rated at 6 gallons per min and up to 250 pounds pressure. However, with 300 feet of half inch hose I get about 3 gallons per minute. A long hose has more pressure-drop due to friction. I use about a hundred pounds pressure. Six hp motor. Gear reduction.

Perhaps I should go with the D30 then, as I have 400' of hose.

RigglePLC
08-01-2008, 07:28 AM
it costs more for the bigger pump--but--allow for some exaggeration by the manufacturer, and some performance loss due to wear and tear. I agree.

heritage
08-02-2008, 11:36 AM
Perhaps I should go with the D30 then, as I have 400' of hose.

400' of 1/2" or 3/8"?

With either hose, the Hypro 252 would be GREAT, so long as you position the "Red Bypass" valve correctly. The longer and or Greater Dia of hose, again will require highre pressure @ the Pump Head AND less bypass agitation.

This would eliminate SURGE issues with a Diaphram pump.

If you will use the Pump for Tree and Shrub apps as well as turf, THEN go for the D-30.

Enjoy the Diaphram pump :)

Pete

jdmcat
08-03-2008, 05:27 PM
400' of 1/2" or 3/8"?

With either hose, the Hypro 252 would be GREAT, so long as you position the "Red Bypass" valve correctly. The longer and or Greater Dia of hose, again will require highre pressure @ the Pump Head AND less bypass agitation.

This would eliminate SURGE issues with a Diaphram pump.

If you will use the Pump for Tree and Shrub apps as well as turf, THEN go for the D-30.

Enjoy the Diaphram pump :)

Pete

It's 1/2, and I have separate rig with a D503 for tree and shrub apps. Thanks for the info.

heritage
08-03-2008, 07:50 PM
It's 1/2, and I have separate rig with a D503 for tree and shrub apps. Thanks for the info.

You got it Buddy :)

Pete