PDA

View Full Version : wright mower

earls lawns 1
07-31-2008, 08:35 AM
ok what do you guys think of the wright mower 36 inch cut good machine? And can it stripe? In the market for one.

aaacrown
07-31-2008, 08:41 AM
I dont know about the stripping (we dont strip much were i live) but one of my buddys just bought that same mower and loves it. He says its a little huvy and a little tricky to get the hang of but other than that he loves the power and everything else.

olde_blue
07-31-2008, 10:11 AM
I love my 36" Wright fixed-deck Stander, but it is not the best mower for striping. Any mower which has a tire track as wide as the deck (zero deck overhang) will not stripe as well as a mower with at least 3-4" of overhang, because you run over part of your tire tracks twice (in opposite directions) as you mow back an forth. This wipes out part of the stripe The 36" Stander has 8.5" wide tires, and you probably run over about 4" of that (if you mow at high speeds).

The 42" Stander, 48" of 52" RH Stander, 48" small frame Stander, or 52" Standers (which have deck overhang) should stripe much better than the 32", 36", or 48" large frame Stander (which have none).

That said, you won't find a 36" mower with any appreciable overhang, and among 36" mowers, the Wright stripes respectably. It does not have an available stripe kit, however, which would be necessary for really good stripes with a 36".

Hawg City Lawns
07-31-2008, 11:31 AM
how does a wright perform in thick tall grass? ive seen quite a few and never really seen one mowing some thicker taller grass such as a bi weekly and tri weekly yard.

leaflawnandlimb
07-31-2008, 02:00 PM
My dealer here has a new/leftover 36 e.s. for $4850, been thinking about it for a while, havn't made up my mind yet.

KCfireman
07-31-2008, 02:43 PM
thats an excelent deal for that mower. You wont go wrong with a wright. DO NOT!! buy any of those cheap knock off mowers that cost way less. Go with the wright.