PDA

View Full Version : Vista SL-4260 BSN Rail light

klkanders
07-31-2008, 05:27 PM
I need 2 of the Vista rail lights w/brass plate to complete a project I am working on.
Does anyone happen to have a couple they wish to part with? Thanks!

Keith

NightScenes
07-31-2008, 06:50 PM
Why not go through your distributor? If they don't carry Vista, I know that Longhorn does. I don't have any in stock right now or I would be happy to sell you a couple.

klkanders
07-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Thanks Paul I might check with Rich and see if they have any in stock. I was just trying to avoid the 2 week timeframe if they had to be ordered from Vista.

Keith

NightScenes
07-31-2008, 07:46 PM
Their supposed to ship within 24 hours.

Chris J
07-31-2008, 08:44 PM
That's a laugh. Maybe 24 hours after they process the order, then another 4-5 days travel time.

Lite4
07-31-2008, 09:41 PM
Wow, you need to fire your distributor. I get my orders in 4 days, 5 if I order later in the day.

TXNSLighting
07-31-2008, 10:02 PM
Good gosh!! i get my stuff in 3 days tops! Its comin from florida.

BSME
07-31-2008, 10:42 PM
I'm two weeks as well if JDL doesnt have them in another location and they order from vista.

Chris J
07-31-2008, 10:50 PM
I don't use much Vista, so I really don't know. I was just being sarcastic. My distributor and I have been doing business for quite some time, and they have a pretty good handle on what I use most. They stock massive amounts of what I typically order, and it doesn't hurt that they are a hub for their other locations as well. I do know, from experience, that it makes quite a difference in delivery time if the distributor sits on the order and doesn't send it to the manu right away. I had to jump up and down on a couple of occasions to get them to stop doing that, but that was several years ago.

klkanders
07-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Geez I didnt mean to start an argument guys. :) I have no idea how long it takes to get things from Vista generally. I once orderd a Vista fixture thru JDL and it turned out to be a pain plus I had to wait awhile to get it. Can't remember how long it took. I usually get all my stuff from Gerry at TerraDek in a day or two unless they dont happen to have it in stock so that is great ......but he doesn't carry Vista. I have ordered things from both coasts and if they process my order right away I have it in 4 days. That is UPS ground. Thats not bad considering I am about smack dab in the middle of the country....a little north. Think about it tho.... if a distributor sits on your order request for a few days and the manu. does the same it can get to be a couple weeks.

This is why I just asked if anyone had a couple they werent going to be using for awhile. It could end up being much quicker for me. Thanks everyone!

Keith

Mark B
07-31-2008, 11:38 PM
"Geez I didnt mean to start an argument guys"

Welcome to the forums. LOL.

I just drive either to raleigh or grensboro to pick up what I need. I normally use the same stuff alot. I'm not a big fan of handing the customer several catalogs with pathway/spreadlights in them and get them to make a desicion. It normally gets me in the middle of (Mark) what fixture do you like??? Then either I get a look from the hubby or wifey. I normally agree with the the wifey. They have the power.

TXNSLighting
08-01-2008, 12:45 AM
FOLD is my best friend! AJ's a very friendly guy. I get my UNIQUE products through him. Always get my stuff in three days or less.

klkanders
08-01-2008, 01:15 AM
"Geez I didnt mean to start an argument guys"

Welcome to the forums. LOL.

I thought more would get a kick out of that statement! :laugh:
Sleepyhead, I've been hanging around this forum for quite awhile now. Nothing is going to scare me away at this point. By the way how come you are still up. :laugh:

Ryan, AJ is a friendly guy....no doubt about it. I met him at the AOLP conference. By the way my sister and her family live in Grapevine. :waving:

Keith

YardPro
08-02-2008, 02:32 PM
vista ships in 24 hours....

the delays come from the distributors. With JDL when you place an order it goes to thier buyers... they buyers wait until they have a large order before they submit it to vista. With JD you need to tell the branch salesman to place the order... NOT the buyer...

this will get it out asap..

also, they will ship us overnight for free, or very little if we are really in a bind.

Eden Lights
08-02-2008, 03:54 PM
Vista from special order to in-hand is about 5 days in Tennessee.

klkanders
08-03-2008, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the replies so far. How come I am starting to think these things are made to order from the factory? Are times so tough that there can't be a couple of these laying on a shelf somewhere. Is this asking too much?

Keith

irrig8r
08-03-2008, 02:50 AM
Two days here in N. CA., but of course we're only about 300 miles away... and yes I hear Vista is made to order... would be hard to carry every color/ fixture combination on the shelf...

klkanders
08-03-2008, 03:12 AM
Gregg, Thats not bad for you if you decided to use alot of Vista. Of course no one can carry most of every fixture......thats understandable. How about at another location? This particular fixture I am looking for tho has an interchangeable face plate! Maybe stock a fixture but with all faceplates? That make too much sense....sorry. When I first ordered one of these to check out they were fairly new, and in my area it had to be special ordered, but you would think by now it would available somewhere. I would go with the Integral, still might have too, but my client liked this one better.

Keith

YardPro
08-03-2008, 09:13 AM
JDL acts as vista's wharehouse.

most likely a JDL has them or can get them pretty quick.

JDL branches will stock what they are selling on a regular basis.
the cool thing about vista is that you can order ANY configuration... chord legnth, color, lens type, bulb type, etc.... and get it shipped in 24hrs...
you need something in a pinch have it overnighted...

NightScenes
08-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Actually Keith, the face plate on that fixture is not interchangeable. It is a little different than the Integral version or the Evening Star fixture. The Vista fixture can be mounted from the top and viewed from both sides (under a hand rail for instance) and therefore is finished on all sides.

klkanders
08-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Thanks Paul you are correct! I have them ordered now. Thanks all for the information! :)

Keith

sprinklerchris
08-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Two days here in N. CA., but of course we're only about 300 miles away... and yes I hear Vista is made to order... would be hard to carry every color/ fixture combination on the shelf...

Vista is 100% made to order, and they do it in 24 hours. It sucks when the distributor sits on the order.

klkanders
08-07-2008, 01:50 PM
I would just like to give a shout out to Longhorn Irrigation in TX. Rich is a great guy and was very helpful placing my order for the Vista rail lights. Thanks Rich!

How's that Doug L.! :) Hope you are doin ok down in the tropics!

Keith

NightScenes
08-07-2008, 03:04 PM
I did tell you about Rich didn't I Keith?

klkanders
08-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I would also like to give a shout out to Paul Sr at NightScenes in Kingsland TX. Paul is a great guy and was very helpful suggesting Rich for the Vista rail lights. Thanks Paul! :)

Keith

NightScenes
08-07-2008, 05:54 PM
I'm laughing my rear off right now!!

Lite4
08-07-2008, 06:30 PM
What is this? The acadamy awards ceremony or something?

klkanders
08-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Sorry Tim just trying my hand at a little humor.......trying is the key word.
Since its my thread I thought what the heck! Hows business going?

Keith

Lite4
08-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Hey Keith, no need to apologise, I thought it was pretty funny myself. Business has been dead slow here. July was incredibly flat even with all my direct mail and magazine articles only 3 phone calls for work and only 1 sold, "and barely at that". I have been keeping busy with various little things here and there, a small waterfeature and minor landscaping keeps bread on the table. I just can't figuire out how to get the phone to ring, you know. How have things been for you?

Chris J
08-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey Keith, no need to apologise, I thought it was pretty funny myself. Business has been dead slow here. July was incredibly flat even with all my direct mail and magazine articles only 3 phone calls for work and only 1 sold, "and barely at that". I have been keeping busy with various little things here and there, a small waterfeature and minor landscaping keeps bread on the table. I just can't figuire out how to get the phone to ring, you know. How have things been for you?

Hey Tim, does this mean you have some spare time to work on that landscape plan for me? :)

Lite4
08-07-2008, 07:24 PM
:laugh: Ha, you funny guy. Just kidding. Yes, I have had 3 designs I have been cranking out and, believe it or not I have been working on yours as well. I have a hard deadline on 2 major projects by tuesday and I can get your to you by Friday of this next week. How's that? Scouts honor! By the way, how is business been for you during this hot, sultry time of the year?

Chris J
08-07-2008, 07:27 PM
As far as new installs it's been slooooowwww. I've got a couple jobs (one really nice one) to get done, and I'm awaiting calls from a 20k mailing I did last week. Of course our service agreements keep us fairly busy.

Lite4
08-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Thats good. I am glad you at least have the service work. You have what, 8 years of past clients to service? That has got to keep you pretty busy by itself.

klkanders
08-07-2008, 08:08 PM
How is it that Chris is able to pop into a thread at the most opportune (sp?) time? :)
I've got a couple smaller projects I'm working on (waiting on some product obviously...see this thread) so I can't complain too much. Hoping as landscape projects progress more opportunities will present themselves for lighting.

Keith

Chris J
08-07-2008, 09:49 PM
A lot of Practice.

Mark B
08-07-2008, 11:35 PM
How is it that Chris is able to pop into a thread at the most opportune (sp?) time? :)

He is the CLO..:cool2:

Chris J
08-08-2008, 03:00 PM
He is the CLO..:cool2:

Yep. That's me!

Chris J
08-08-2008, 06:40 PM
If you missed it the first time, I'll say it again for you: The acronymic term is used in jest and it's just for fun. :jester: It means nothing (industry related) so I don't know why it upsets you so. I've seen at least three post of yours where you have tried to belittle or embarrass me with comments about the acronym. It's not going to work, oh foolish one, as the joke is on you. :dizzy:

klkanders
08-08-2008, 11:42 PM
If you missed it the first time, I'll say it again for you: The acronymic term is used in jest and it's just for fun. :jester: It means nothing (industry related) so I don't know why it upsets you so. I've seen at least three post of yours where you have tried to belittle or embarrass me with comments about the acronym. It's not going to work, oh foolish one, as the joke is on you. :dizzy:

What did I miss? Who are you referring too?

Chris J
08-09-2008, 12:34 AM
I was referring to sleepyhead, three post's up. But I think we have come to an agreement and all is good now. I didn't want to start another war with someone, and he agrees.