PDA

View Full Version : service/ utlity body

cutbetterthanyou
07-31-2008, 05:41 PM
Does any one use one to cut grass out of? I just bought one and love it. I put my trimmer, blowers, tools, cones,coolers, mix fuel, and extra shirts on the boxes all organized and locked up. I feel it was my best purchase so far. Here is a pic.

KPS
07-31-2008, 06:24 PM
That looks great:clapping:. I have been thinking of getting a setup like that for my next truck instead of a cap on my pickup bed. I wondered if it would work well, It seems like it does well for you! I love that setup, very clean, secure and easy to work out of.

DoetschOutdoor
07-31-2008, 06:35 PM
I am really thinking about going that route for a truck next year but I still want to use the bed for things like mulch, little rock, etc. Does yours have sides inside the bed (if that makes sense) so that mulch and stuff wouldnt get up under there? Looks good!

cutbetterthanyou
07-31-2008, 07:26 PM
I am really thinking about going that route for a truck next year but I still want to use the bed for things like mulch, little rock, etc. Does yours have sides inside the bed (if that makes sense) so that mulch and stuff wouldnt get up under there? Looks good!

Not real sure what you are asking but the back it just like a puck up w/out the wheel tubs or like a box with no lid

Junior M
07-31-2008, 08:02 PM
nice truck! is it a power stroke? i love working out of a utility bed! once you work out of one and then work out of a pick up you will realize what you are missing when you try and organize yourself!

cutbetterthanyou
07-31-2008, 08:55 PM
No it is not a power stroke I figured with the price of diesel i would try a gas. I never worked out of a gas but it isn't bad, not the power of a diesel but it isn't a race truck anyway. My finances didn't permit me to get a diesel work truck,but i am not so sure i didn't make a better decision any way. I had a p stroke a couple years ago and had 5500 dollars worth of stuff go wrong with it in a month and it only had 80k on it and i bought it new so i figured that it would be cheaper to work on a gas than diesel. So far so good.

lawnspecialties
07-31-2008, 09:06 PM
How coincidental.

I posted a thread a few weeks ago asking the same question. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=236485&highlight=utility

I found a 2004 F-250 on Commercial Truck Trader three weeks ago from up your way. It was in Springfield, Va.. After talking with the guy, we met in Richmond. It was nasty but in great condition. After I busted my hump cleaning it up and rearranging the compartments, I absolutely love it. It's also a gas with the 5.4L. Definitely not the power of my 6.0L power stroke but now the XL vinyl seat/no carpet truck goes out every day and the leather seated Lariat stays at home.

This truck has been the best purchase I've made in quite a while. I'm at the fire station today but I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

cutbetterthanyou
07-31-2008, 09:25 PM
I feel the same way i have a loaded duramax as well, and thank god it finally gets to sit in the drive way and not get detroyed. It is kind of funny mine is a 2004 too, 20k miles. If you don't mine me asking what did you pay for yours?

Junior M
07-31-2008, 11:38 PM
No it is not a power stroke I figured with the price of diesel i would try a gas. I never worked out of a gas but it isn't bad, not the power of a diesel but it isn't a race truck anyway. My finances didn't permit me to get a diesel work truck,but i am not so sure i didn't make a better decision any way. I had a p stroke a couple years ago and had 5500 dollars worth of stuff go wrong with it in a month and it only had 80k on it and i bought it new so i figured that it would be cheaper to work on a gas than diesel. So far so good.
shouldve bought a cummins!! you wouldnt have had to drop that much money on a motor!!!!

cutbetterthanyou
08-01-2008, 07:21 AM
shouldve bought a cummins!! you wouldnt have had to drop that much money on a motor!!!!

Yeah a dodge is about the only thing i haven't tried, don't know why just don't really like them. I think after my new truck i will most likely stick with duramax as far as deisels go I really like the power and how quiet they are not to mention the smooth ride . And actually its funny you say "motor" that was the only thing not replaced. In 1 month i put a tranny, touque con., 2 front hub assy., and all new brake calipers and rotors. Previous to that month it was a pretty good truck its like it just feel apart all at once.

KrayzKajun
08-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Very nice set up! im likin tht!~