PDA

View Full Version : Retaning Ring Fell Off My Scag Wb.........

TONTAGE
07-31-2008, 07:32 PM
i have a 48 scag wb belt drive and i noticed my pulley was rubbing up against the spring making a noise,and i see that i need a retaining ring 5/8 ext basic part 04050-09 this is by the bearing jackshaft.i had 1 replaced on the other side a month ago and it coast me 40 bucks.oe that the other side just fell off im going to try to do it myself.is it hard to put the ring into the groove without breaking?id rather go thru a few of them until i get the hang of it rahter than fork over 40 bucks again.any help would be appreciated.
thankyou

JNyz
08-02-2008, 05:08 PM
i have a 48 scag wb belt drive and i noticed my pulley was rubbing up against the spring making a noise,and i see that i need a retaining ring 5/8 ext basic part 04050-09 this is by the bearing jackshaft.i had 1 replaced on the other side a month ago and it coast me 40 bucks.oe that the other side just fell off im going to try to do it myself.is it hard to put the ring into the groove without breaking?id rather go thru a few of them until i get the hang of it rahter than fork over 40 bucks again.any help would be appreciated.
thankyou

Why do you have this posted in the commercial landscaping forum???

TONTAGE
08-02-2008, 07:33 PM
WELL,im not sure why it ended up here,im almost positive that i posted it in another topic and it as moved here.i apologize.

devnuts
09-03-2008, 06:01 PM
hey how did you make out? what do i need to do? I have the exact same problem

TONTAGE
09-03-2008, 06:04 PM
well,i had them pop another ring on but it fell off after the 1st cut.i brought it back in and they had to replace the shaft.All is good now

devnuts
09-03-2008, 08:30 PM
so i have to bring it somewhere to have them fix it? thought it was going to be some easy adjustment.......I just mowed with it and it is really annoying and the spring is rubbing so much that it is gouging the metal. I can push the shaft back in, but as soon as I put it into gear it comes right back out after a few passes. How much did it cost? thanks for the help....

TONTAGE
09-03-2008, 08:37 PM
No Prob Devnuts.im In Ct Too.when The Right Side Came Off It Cost Me 40 Bucks,you Just Cant Pop On In,you Have To Take Some Things Off The Side.butseeing That I Was In A Bind,my Place Took Care Of It Right Away.when The Left Side Fell Off Same Deal 40 Bucks,but The Left Side Fell Off Again After A Few Passes,so Back It Went.the Guy Looked At It And Said The 1st Guy Stretched The Ring By Accident And It Was Falling Off Again,so They Said I Was All Set.wrong!!!! Fell Off Again,this Time I Was Pissed.i Broght It Back In And I Needed A Shaft On The Left Side,what Was Happening Was The Groove Was Getting Rounded Over So The Ring Was Slipping.another 30 Bucks And I Was On My Way.its Been Ok Since And This Is Going On 4 Weeks Now.