PDA

View Full Version : They stole my Stihl FS100rx trimmer today.

G.M.Landscaping
07-31-2008, 08:14 PM
Wasn't really in the mood today for cutting grass, but said I'm going to have a nice relaxing enjoyable day. Not going to worry about anything.

Second lawn in, ran over a yellow jackets nest in the ground. Didn't know it until the next pass. It was a tight area so I had to jump off the sulky and walk. That's when they got me. Then something else got my other leg, maybe a spider. Now I have two swollen ankles.

So today's not looking so good.

Next the T-shirt place called and said my shirts are ready.:) Go pick them up since they were on the way to my next lawn. I'm thinking great timing. Pick them up and leave.

Go to my next lawn, unload mowers, and notice the trimmer was gone.:nono:
At first thought left it, but then noticed the trimmer rack was all bent up, as they must of been in a hurry to steal it. So that timing wasn't so good for me after all.

There went my profit for the day. Drove over to the dealer that was only 5 minutes away and bought a new FS100rx .

Thiefs suck for the hard working man.:hammerhead:

G.M.Landscaping
08-01-2008, 09:39 PM
My Ins co. called me back today to tell me my deductible was $500. Guess it pays to steal.

kleankutslawn
08-01-2008, 10:25 PM
sorry to here that

integrityman
08-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Im so sorry to hear about your loss. I so despise thieves..... I bought the fatest, toughest piece of logging chain with the toughest looking padlocks money could buy- and I use them... I attached the chain to the body and frame of my truck....The other end to my equipment. I was victimized last winter when I had two huge snowblowers stolen...fortunately I had the good fortune of getiing my stuff back. I dont leave my stuff anywhere where its out of sight without locking it. Yeah.. its a nuisance... but gives me a lot of piece of mind.

STIHL GUY
08-06-2008, 10:21 PM
that sucks i hope you find he SOB that stole your trimmer

jeffros
08-08-2008, 04:47 PM
Right now since I'm so small with fewer accounts I work solo. I almost always take the blower and trimmer out and hide it behind a bush or bring it to the backyard. Then I walk back to the truck to get one of the mowers. Now there's really nothing left in the trailer to steal (whos gonna run off with a commercial mower that quickly - especially my 52" zero turn exmark) sometimes I close the trailer door. Anyway, I can't afford to replace stolen equipment, so I have no choice to take a few extra minutes to walk the stuff to the back. Someone can run off with a nice Stihl blower or something when I'm in the back mowing. Most of the time the customers not home, and the mower is so noisy, I wouldn't hear anything. Well, some people just have no respect!!

Daily Lawn/Landscape
08-08-2008, 07:22 PM
If you think it happened while you were picking up the shirts, go to all the surrounding businesses to see if they have surveillance. You are being watched more than you think. You might be able to gather some valuable info from that.Turn some stones,because as we all know, criminals are STUPID.
James

landscaper22
08-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Im so sorry to hear about your loss. I so despise thieves..... I bought the fatest, toughest piece of logging chain with the toughest looking padlocks money could buy- and I use them... I attached the chain to the body and frame of my truck....The other end to my equipment. I was victimized last winter when I had two huge snowblowers stolen...fortunately I had the good fortune of getiing my stuff back. I dont leave my stuff anywhere where its out of sight without locking it. Yeah.. its a nuisance... but gives me a lot of piece of mind.

That's what it takes. Just lock it up. Irritating sometimes, yeah. But it makes you a much tougher target. Some people will never learn. Well, I had to learn the hard way too.
If someone wants it really bad, they will find a way. But most of the time it is crime of opportunity. It is as simple as walking by a trailer, picking something up and they are gone in 5 seconds. I see other LCO's all the time that are easy targets. I can't even begin to tell you how many rigs I have seen with equipment just sitting there and no one is around anywhere...If I were a thief I could have all kind of stuff.