PDA

View Full Version : FinerCut's

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

FinerCutslawnCare
07-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Well guys I told you awhile back on my toys thread that I was going to post some pics of my equipment and some of my work! I first want to exlain how I got to where I am with my age alittle that way for some of you who don't know me very well from this site you will now. My name is Logan and I am from Iowa. I started my business when I was 13 mowing my own lawn for money and the started with my first real account...my neighbors! I was using a 21 and thats it, not even trimming or blowing anything off! Once my grandpa passed I inherited his craftsman 42' rider and started mowing some more lawns. Once I reached my freshman year I found out that this is what I wanted to do the rest of my life. After realizing this I had a sit down with my parents and asked if they would be willing to take out a loan for a mower. NOW MOST PARENTS WOULDN"T EVEN THINK OF TAKING OUT A $8500 loan, so I guess I am blessed with my parents. So once I got my mower( my lazer) I started going out and passing out door hangers to get more people. Now of course I made the monthly payments( gave my parents the money) and had some left over for myself. Finally last year I paid off my lazer and bought a metro hp. I paid cash for this which was a big thing for me! I also bought a JD x720 for other jobs like spring and fall cleanup. I finally just paid the JD off so the rest is just money! Now at the age of 17 I have 53 accounts all together including 45 residential and 8 commercial! I am very proud to show some pics(alot) and would be happy to answer any questions! Thanks in advance!

FinerCutslawnCare
07-31-2008, 10:16 PM
More pics on the way! Sorry for making that so long, just wanted to go into detail!

FinerCutslawnCare
07-31-2008, 10:21 PM
Here are some condos I do...enjoy!:waving:

FinerCutslawnCare
07-31-2008, 10:31 PM
The first one is another of the condos and the last 2 are of my house! Please know that the condos weren't blown off when I took the pic!

freshprince94
07-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Nice work! Please post pics of the rig, mostly the Lazer Z!

S man
07-31-2008, 11:45 PM
Nice work logan. Now lets see some equipment pics!!!

deere615
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Ya very nice work, I agree put some equipment pics up!

FinerCutslawnCare
08-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Here is me behind the walk and the mowers! Sorry I don't have one of the z up close and personal but I will try taking one tomar! This weather is killing me!:cry:

CALandscapes
08-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Looks good brother... Keep going in the direction that you seem to be and you're going to be very successful...
:clapping::clapping::clapping:

deere615
08-01-2008, 12:25 AM
Nice equipment, I love the trucks(which 1 is urs?) and JD

STIHL GUY
08-01-2008, 12:29 AM
nice equipment

South Florida Lawns
08-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Now I know he will be big in a few years. Way to go with the eXmarks, should last you a while.

02DURAMAX
08-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Looks Great Nice Equipment!!

FinerCutslawnCare
08-01-2008, 12:56 AM
The truck in the back is mine and the one in front is my dads. He likes to try to help sometimes but I am so picky about my work that sometimes I will just put him on a blower lol! btw in the pick off my lawn that is actually a yard sign...that has brought me in 7 customers, a very good $40 well spent!

FinerCutslawnCare
08-01-2008, 12:59 AM
Now I know he will be big in a few years. Way to go with the eXmarks, should last you a while.

That is my goal! Right now my school is trying something new and if u finish most of your highschool classes early they will pay for your college until u graduate, so right now I will be taking landscape drafting and pestcide app! I think that this is a great idea! This means by the time I get done with highschool(last year) I will have a years worth of landscape and pesticide under my belt! WOOT!:weightlifter:

08-01-2008, 01:02 AM
WOW!! Good Job! Everything looks great and that is a great story too! Way to get out there and do it!

FinerCutslawnCare
08-01-2008, 01:22 AM
here is a pick of the shirts I had made...easy and straight to the point! I don't have a logo yet but will some day! Here is a pic of my truck.:cool2:

TXNSLighting
08-01-2008, 09:57 AM
Very very impressive. You are doing quite well it seems. Keep it up and dont give anything up.

freshprince94
08-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Nice eXmarks. The Deere dosen't quite fit in though lol.

S man
08-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Wow! Nice stuff! I know the lazer z and the john deere weren't cheap!

TPLawnPro
08-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Kick A$$ Work! You've definitely got your act together.

Forge ahead young man! :weightlifter:

JosephLawnCare
08-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Nice stuff, keep up with the good work!!:clapping:

JohnnyRoyale
08-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Way to go! I admire your drive and ambition at such a young age. You'll do very well. Someday soon you'll be on here bitching with some of us about dumb employees, dumber property managers, and all the other crap we have to dodge daily 15 + years into the biz.

DoetschOutdoor
08-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Way to go, 53 accounts at age 17 is definately somthing to be proud of! What do you use the JD for that you wouldnt use one of your other mowers for?

spencer087
08-01-2008, 06:39 PM
you have the striping kit on the lazer im assuming? what do you think about the lazer and metro?

FinerCutslawnCare
08-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Way to go, 53 accounts at age 17 is definately somthing to be proud of! What do you use the JD for that you wouldnt use one of your other mowers for?

I have the JD more for a mower that I can beat on like mowing really tall grass that hasn't been mowed in 2 years. I also use if for thatching,(spring cleanup), fall clean up. I like it because you can put so many different attachments on as to where u can't with a lazer! Thanks for the comment but let me tell you at my age all I do is mow mow mow, and come home to a back rub from the girlfriend!:rolleyes:

FinerCutslawnCare
08-01-2008, 07:25 PM
you have the striping kit on the lazer im assuming? what do you think about the lazer and metro?

I do have a striping kit on the lazer, and just want to say that I love my lazer. Exmark has got me for a happy customer! I like the metro hp but in my opinion it doesn't cut near as nice and doesn't stripe like my lazer, but I also have the triton deck on the lazer and I think the ultracut on the walkbehind! I might be selling the walk at the end of this season and buy a new tthp 48 with the ecs, the pistol grips are becoming a pain and I am jelous of everyone that has one!

FinerCutslawnCare
08-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Here is some pics of the equipment inside and my trailer set up! Enjoy!

MortonLawn
08-01-2008, 08:01 PM
what kinda trimmer guard do you have on your echo trimmer?? is that the guard that usually goes on the curved shaft trimmers??

FinerCutslawnCare
08-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I got the guards from a local lco that had them laying around, I believe they from a tanaka trimmer? I am not sure though...

Kennedy Landscaping
08-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Very nice, I am 15 and would like to be as big as you soon. Where did you get the shirts done and how much did they set you back if you dont mind

FinerCutslawnCare
08-01-2008, 11:18 PM
I got 8 t-shirts, 5 for me, 2 for my dad and 1 for my mom, 3 hoodies and 3 sweat shirts for I believe around $200...but I got them from a local guy that we know very well so...he has done our truck signs, yard signs pretty much everything we have for advertisment!

yard_smart
08-02-2008, 12:50 AM
why cross out the numbers on the shirt?

grasscutter845
08-02-2008, 01:36 PM
Nice truck i got the same one. How does it pull that trailer?

FinerCutslawnCare
08-02-2008, 01:46 PM
why cross out the numbers on the shirt?

You never know who might start calling your phone and messing with ya!:nono: I just try to stay on the safe side of things!

FinerCutslawnCare
08-02-2008, 01:47 PM
Nice truck i got the same one. How does it pull that trailer?

It pulls good, now I just want a 2500 though! Would like a diesel but the price of it is just crazy!:dizzy:

Back2Back
08-02-2008, 01:53 PM
How much you pulling in in a month? If you dont mind me asking. thanks and good work

George Mason
08-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Man, nice job. Maybe you can give me some advice with this question. I teach full time, so I have similar hours to you when school is up and running. This is my first season, and I don't have anywhere near the number of accounts as you do, but my question is what do you do when school cranks up? I assume you mow/work every afternoon until dark and then Saturdays too. Let me know how you schedule it, I am curious to know. Thanks and keep it up!

MAD87
08-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Here is me behind the walk and the mowers! Sorry I don't have one of the z up close and personal but I will try taking one tomar! This weather is killing me!:cry:

Good looking equipment you got there! I just recently paid my Lazer off and am thinking about buying a walk behind similar to the one you have. I want to get a few cemeteries before I buy one though. How much would a walk behind like yours cost now? Thanks.

punt66
08-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Your doing great. I do have a question though? How difficult is it getting business insurance at your age?

FinerCutslawnCare
08-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Good looking equipment you got there! I just recently paid my Lazer off and am thinking about buying a walk behind similar to the one you have. I want to get a few cemeteries before I buy one though. How much would a walk behind like yours cost now? Thanks.

I bought this WB for $1200.00! It was a really great deal!

FinerCutslawnCare
08-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Your doing great. I do have a question though? How difficult is it getting business insurance at your age?

That is a good question and like I said before my parents have always helped me out with that kinda stuff so as of right now my dad is "The owner" until I turn 18 in 3 months!:laugh:

DLAWNS
08-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Dude, that is awesome. You have an awesome setup and an even more impressive client list. That's awesome to see. Keep it up.

DLAWNS
08-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I didn't mean to use the word awesome in my last post like 30 times. lol

FinerCutslawnCare
08-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Man, nice job. Maybe you can give me some advice with this question. I teach full time, so I have similar hours to you when school is up and running. This is my first season, and I don't have anywhere near the number of accounts as you do, but my question is what do you do when school cranks up? I assume you mow/work every afternoon until dark and then Saturdays too. Let me know how you schedule it, I am curious to know. Thanks and keep it up!

Well last year I didn't have near as many accts. So, in the morning I would hook up, drive to school with the truck and trailer and park it in the parking lot! Now I always got to school early to get a parking spot right next to the principals window, that way no foul play would occur:nono:After school I would go and mow my little heart out! Now as of this year( I haven't slacked off in school at all so I only have 2 classes a day) so I pretty much have the whole day to mow, I have it worked out where I mow all Mon-Fri and then have Sat and Sunday for a maintenance day or if it rains(back up). I do have to say juggling school with this business I have can be very stressfull sometimes, but I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end!:usflag:

FinerCutslawnCare
08-02-2008, 08:53 PM
I didn't mean to use the word awesome in my last post like 30 times. lol

I am awsome-mely happy for the comments! Thanks!:waving:

TXNSLighting
08-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I wish i woulda been this motivated at 17...

FinerCutslawnCare
08-02-2008, 08:59 PM

My goal is just to be one of the biggest in IOWA...i get alot of inspiration from everyone on this site!

Supper Grassy
08-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Very Nice work

FinerCutslawnCare
08-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Very Nice work

Thanks!!!!

Back2Back
08-02-2008, 09:25 PM
How much you bringing in a month?

FinerCutslawnCare
08-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I normally clear 4 easily and one month I almost hit 5( alot of rain!) That is JUST off of mowing though, that is not including side jobs...so I guess it depends!

FinerCutslawnCare
08-02-2008, 09:54 PM
I guess not to bad for my age, but now you guys know why I have the equipment I do lol! See at my age I can kinda use it to my advantage, beings I don't have a house payment for ect. I figure get as much as ya can before ya have to live in the real world, use it to ur advantage, and that is what I am doin!

punt66
08-02-2008, 10:51 PM
That is a good question and like I said before my parents have always helped me out with that kinda stuff so as of right now my dad is "The owner" until I turn 18 in 3 months!:laugh:

ok, be very very carefull.

George Mason
08-02-2008, 11:46 PM

Damn, I wish I was this motivated now much less at seventeen. Going to school, taking freshman classes and having this kind of commitment is really intense. No calling in because of a late night for this guy.:drinkup::sleeping:

Lawn Enforcer
08-03-2008, 01:33 AM
I do have to say juggling school with this business I have can be very stressfull sometimes, but I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it in the end

I agree with you 100%, I sometimes think that I should've waited until after H.S. to start a lawn biz, but a lot of stuff fell into my lap and I took it for what it was worth. The biz has affected my grades and my social life, but my friends are out there working jobs they hate and making barely $3K a year and I'm pulling in $16k in 7 months without working really hard, it's all worth it. And the satisfaction of running a biz is incredible. Keep it up and become the biggest and best LCO in Iowa!

Junior M
08-03-2008, 09:54 AM
what was the purpose of buying the john deere? and what motor does it have?

S man
08-03-2008, 12:10 PM
I guess not to bad for my age, but now you guys know why I have the equipment I do lol! See at my age I can kinda use it to my advantage, beings I don't have a house payment for ect. I figure get as much as ya can before ya have to live in the real world, use it to ur advantage, and that is what I am doin!

That's what I'm doing also. But I do have some "toys" I really want to get. New 08 chevy or gmc truck, new computer, rare perfect condition toro 2 cycle from 04, recording studio equipment for my music, college, and the list goes on.

FinerCutslawnCare
08-03-2008, 03:10 PM
My toys are my mowers...lol just kidding

J&R Landscaping
08-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Having all that at 17, your doing something right! Impressive set-up! How many accounts are you servicing?

FinerCutslawnCare
08-04-2008, 12:09 AM
53 all together weekly

TXNSLighting
08-04-2008, 11:11 AM
My goal is just to be one of the biggest in IOWA...i get alot of inspiration from everyone on this site!

Well you are definately on the right track. This site can definately be inspiring, and it can also bring you way down...ha! Thats the beauty of Lawnsite!

TXNSLighting
08-04-2008, 11:12 AM
53 all together weekly

Wow, my second year i was 21 and had 43 accouts. ( the most i ever had) Man your kickin my butt. By 21 you'll have 150!

FinerCutslawnCare
08-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Wow, my second year i was 21 and had 43 accouts. ( the most i ever had) Man your kickin my butt. By 21 you'll have 150!

Hopefully! That would be really nice!

KrayzKajun
08-04-2008, 12:11 PM
nice setup!

punt66
08-04-2008, 03:25 PM
Pace yourself you can burn out. Im getting there now! hahah

stuntmanlogan
08-04-2008, 03:37 PM
Nice equitmen, where do you buy your exmarks from

FinerCutslawnCare
08-04-2008, 08:10 PM
I bought my lazer from annear power equipment, they arn't very big but that is why I do bizz with them! They will do almost anything for your bizz and are very nice and loyal to there customers! I bought the walk used...

TomberLawn
08-05-2008, 12:05 AM
Hey, man, I'm impressed. Not just with your equipment and accounts, but your attitude. I've seen a lot of young guys come on here with nowhere near as much business as you have and they talk like big shots. I'm glad you're in Iowa and not NC! What's that 21" in your avatar? It looks sort of like a Husqvarna.

School and work is tough. I always set up my schedule so that I'm in class in the morning and have afternoons to mow. I only have about a dozen accounts right now, so that's not too hard to take care of. I would try for a lot more, but in college you never know when you're going to get a workaholic professor who assigns tons of reading and papers. I'm majoring in marketing, so when I graduate, I'll know how to get the customers. I just have to keep up with school for now.

Are you out of debt? That's a great place to be. I've got a big check coming in this week that will payoff my mower and I'll be debt free. It's great that your parents helped you out. I bought a residential Deere F525 to start with and used it for a couple months, but it just wasn't made for the amount of mowing I was doing with it and it only went 5mph (a lot slower in heavy grass, with only a 17hp single cylinder). My dad bought it from me and gave it to a guy from church who needed a mower, then he bought my Ferris mower brand new so that I'd have a dependable machine with a warranty that would last me for several years. And when I have the Ferris paid off, maybe he'll stop acting like he's my manager! :laugh:

Lawn Enforcer
08-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Ok, I'm lazy and don't feel like reading through the thread again- do you work solo? If you don't, how many guys do you have working for you?

yard_smart
08-05-2008, 11:15 AM
You never know who might start calling your phone and messing with ya!:nono: I just try to stay on the safe side of things!

Well if you don't have a web site and some one looks for lawn care in ______ (where ever you are) a post could come up and you could have a job

at least thats how it is on other forums

FinerCutslawnCare
08-05-2008, 01:18 PM
I work solo most of the time, I have nothing else to do during the day and the way it works out is one day I will have this town, next day I will have this town, put it this way I can get to all of my accounts and use only 1 tank of gas a week that is how close they are! Most of them I have like 3-4 on 1 street!

FinerCutslawnCare
08-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Well if you don't have a web site and some one looks for lawn care in ______ (where ever you are) a post could come up and you could have a job

at least thats how it is on other forums

That is true I never though of that!:cry: (515) 250-2336 lol

yard_smart
08-05-2008, 02:30 PM
throw it in your signature . . .. like mine

stuntmanlogan
08-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I bought my lazer from annear power equipment, they arn't very big but that is why I do bizz with them! They will do almost anything for your bizz and are very nice and loyal to there customers! I bought the walk used...

Where is annear power equipment.

FinerCutslawnCare
08-05-2008, 05:49 PM
It is in Adel right by the fair grounds like right across the road!

Junior M
08-05-2008, 06:10 PM
ok you might have answered this before finercutslawncare but why do you have the john deere? a zero turn is alot faster so what would be the purpose of it?

FinerCutslawnCare
08-05-2008, 07:09 PM
I have the JD more for a mower that I can beat on like mowing really tall grass that hasn't been mowed in 2 years. I also use if for thatching,(spring cleanup), fall clean up. I like it because you can put so many different attachments on as to where u can't with a lazer!

Junior M
08-05-2008, 07:11 PM
I have the JD more for a mower that I can beat on like mowing really tall grass that hasn't been mowed in 2 years. I also use if for thatching,(spring cleanup), fall clean up. I like it because you can put so many different attachments on as to where u can't with a lazer!
oh. well it looks good. does it have a diesel or is it a kawi?

FinerCutslawnCare
08-05-2008, 07:14 PM
I wish it was a diesel but nah it is a kawi I believe, it only has 57 hours on it!

southern cutter
08-07-2008, 08:00 PM
nice work big dog keep it up i just started on my own service too

FinerCutslawnCare
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
nice work big dog keep it up i just started on my own service too

Awsome! Wat all do you have to start with?

FinerCutslawnCare
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
How many kids on this sight are under 18?

Kennedy Landscaping
08-13-2008, 11:20 PM
any good website places that are free?

DSLND
08-13-2008, 11:26 PM

Represent:usflag:

Haha, but anyways, your setup is very nice! I really like that JD Tractor! Heard good things about eXmarks, need to go try one.

-Mitch-

Matts lawn care
08-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Ill be 17 until november!

deere615
08-13-2008, 11:52 PM

I just turned 18 this summer, it does seem as though ALOT of teens have been coming on lawnsite lately

FinerCutslawnCare
08-14-2008, 01:21 AM
I just turned 18 this summer, it does seem as though ALOT of teens have been coming on lawnsite lately

Yes, this is very true! I can honestly say though that I am very happy I have found this sight because I don't know if I would be near as knowledgable(I think that is how you spell it) about lawn and landscaping.

Mitch, I love my exmarks so far. The cut is great, they have been doing a fine job so far as to striping(even without the stripe kit), and the customer service has been great!:usflag:

SNAPPER MAN
08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
I'll represent. Im only 15.

RhinoL&L
08-14-2008, 12:13 PM
Im 17 but only for a couple more months! Looks like you have a good start on your business.

Junior M
08-14-2008, 01:28 PM
I'll represent....I am only 14... so far i think i am about the youngest one on this website....

oakwdman
08-14-2008, 01:34 PM
this guy is 17, 18 next june. Going into my senior yr. in hs.

Blasko's Lawncare
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
im 14 just turned on the 11th but im not starting my business till next year or i might help out a company i talk to when they are done mowing my neighbors lawn i figured i would do that for experience

FinerCutslawnCare
09-30-2008, 12:59 AM
It seems like there are alot of younger kids like myself on this site! I guess it is good to start young and ask questions! When I started I was on this site every night and all day every day!

FinerCutslawnCare
01-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know I am still alive. Instead of mowing now I am pushing snow and wow this last week we got snow everyday. Added it up and only got 13 hours of sleep. Really sucked, thank god for 5 hour power energy shots! All together it was a good year. I have already got all my old contracts signed again for this year so that is good. I plan on going after alittle more commercial this year and also plan on getting another lazer 60"(I really like the new ones, anyone see one or hear anything on them yet?) and getting a tthp with the ecs controls and plan on getting rid of the metro hp(hate the pistol grips).

Tturfcare
01-05-2009, 07:54 PM
how do you like the lazer hp with the 48in? Im in the market to add a lazer and im trying to decide whether to get the 56 or 60?

Thanks

FinerCutslawnCare
01-05-2009, 07:59 PM
I have a wb that is a 48" but not a z. I have a 56" lazer with a 27 hp kohler and could not be happier. It cuts great in my opinion and is very reliable. Never have had any problems with it at all. I would get a 56" with a 27hp if I were u...just my opinion tho!

Kennedy Landscaping
01-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Hey man any updated pictures?

Kennedy Landscaping
01-05-2009, 08:15 PM
15 For this guy. I'll be 16 in July. You are doing very well for your age.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-05-2009, 08:25 PM
I will have to get some picks of my truck and my plow pushing some snow. I have all my equipment put away. Come this spring I will take some new pics and get them up here for everyone to see.

Lakewlc
01-05-2009, 08:26 PM
how you like your truck?

stuntmanlogan
01-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah im 17 and about to turn 18 in a few days i live in the metro area do you do mowing outside of granger

thu cutting edge
01-05-2009, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE= I will have a years worth of landscape and pesticide under my belt! WOOT!:weightlifter:[/QUOTE]
hey not to bust your bubble make sure u r insured when u get your applicators lic. it sounds like it will bring u in lots of money but u will payout the a$$ for the insurance. but i would take horticulture classes at your local college. i am and it helps. i went in knowing a lot about landscape maintenance. but u learn so much more. i am glad to see someone who has as much enthusiasm as i did at that age.

powernoje
01-05-2009, 09:36 PM
13 ill be 14 in a month...

FinerCutslawnCare
01-06-2009, 12:56 AM
how you like your truck?

Love my truck! Love the color and the motor. I get alot of compliments on it. I am really impressed with the way it pushes snow to. I got the plow through the dealer ship so I saved $900!

Kennedy Landscaping
01-06-2009, 12:57 AM
Is there any pictures of this truck here on the site? If so I haven't seen them yet I guess.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-06-2009, 12:59 AM
Yeah im 17 and about to turn 18 in a few days i live in the metro area do you do mowing outside of granger

I do mowing in Granger, Madrid, Woodward, Perry, Boutan and have done some in Waukee. I have one out in norwalk...it is about a 20 min drive but well worth the drive$$$ I am looking to maybe expand and get some more in Polk City and in Grimes sometime soon and then start working my way towards the commercial stuff in Des Moines.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-06-2009, 01:00 AM
I might u will have to let me look around.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Try this thread...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=250837

FinerCutslawnCare
01-06-2009, 01:10 AM
hey not to bust your bubble make sure u r insured when u get your applicators lic. it sounds like it will bring u in lots of money but u will payout the a$$ for the insurance. but i would take horticulture classes at your local college. i am and it helps. i went in knowing a lot about landscape maintenance. but u learn so much more. i am glad to see someone who has as much enthusiasm as i did at that age.

Thanks for the advice and the compliment. I still need to go take the final test but I have already got the classes under my belt. I haven't really looked into insurance yet but I can imagine it can be pricey! One wrong mixture or drift and wow....lawsuit/pist off people:dizzy:

FinerCutslawnCare
01-06-2009, 01:13 AM
13 ill be 14 in a month...

All I can say is just make things look as good as possible, be friendly to customers and also be professional. Word of mouth is a great thing and will help alot in this business. Maybe pass out some door hangers. Advertisement is key when first starting out, then when u get big enough people will know ur name(word of mouth):usflag:

Kennedy Landscaping
01-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Try this thread...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=250837

Yeah I remember it now, I posted.

thu cutting edge
01-06-2009, 03:14 PM
yea and let them find out u dont have insurance or a lic it can get messy with the department of agriculture and EPA

FinerCutslawnCare
01-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Funny story a guy that was doing a lawn in the town north of me mixed the wrong mixture and burned up half of his accounts he sprays...I think after everything was said and done he tried saying the place where he purchases his stuff from sold him the wrong product or something along the lines of that. Long story short I don't believe after everything that happened he lasted another year in the bizz. I am thinking word of mouth took care of his career in lawncare for him! Sad but just goes to show you that u need to make sure you have the right mixture and have insurance!

nnj18
01-29-2009, 12:38 PM
wow dont know how I missed this thread but you've got a very nice setup!! Did you finance your lazerz? I'm guessing your dad fully signed for both it and the truck? Looks great man! Lotsa of really nice setups on here from the younger guys :weightlifter: :cool2:

FinerCutslawnCare
01-29-2009, 04:23 PM
wow dont know how I missed this thread but you've got a very nice setup!! Did you finance your lazerz? I'm guessing your dad fully signed for both it and the truck? Looks great man! Lotsa of really nice setups on here from the younger guys :weightlifter: :cool2:

Thanks! I had my dad take out a loan for the lazer and then just made the payments. All of my equipment is paid for now except for my truck. This coming year I plan on buying one of those new lazers if I get another 20 accounts I am supposed to be getting(from another lco) and if that doesn't happen I will just skip the lazer and get a skid loader.

Cuttinitclose
01-29-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm 15 and started 3 years ago. What would you use a skidder for? Just wondering.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-29-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm 15 and started 3 years ago. What would you use a skidder for? Just wondering.

I would use one for snow removal, landscaping what ever else I could use it for. Lol I have had to turn down numerous jobs before because I didn't have a skid and I don't like renting so I might as well buy one. There are some great deals out there right now beings the economy sucks:hammerhead:

nnj18
01-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Thanks! I had my dad take out a loan for the lazer and then just made the payments. All of my equipment is paid for now except for my truck. This coming year I plan on buying one of those new lazers if I get another 20 accounts I am supposed to be getting(from another lco) and if that doesn't happen I will just skip the lazer and get a skid loader.

OK, thats what I had figured 'cause I'm 18 and I cant get a loan worth crap.....this year I might have to finance a new mower even though I'd rather not.

You look to be doing very well. How have you been advertising? Do you just offer maintenance or other services as well (hardscaping, landscaping, mulch, etc)??

Why dont you like renting? I do it a lot and never had any problems.....most large construction companies even lease equipment (basically a long rental)

FinerCutslawnCare
01-30-2009, 12:10 PM
OK, thats what I had figured 'cause I'm 18 and I cant get a loan worth crap.....this year I might have to finance a new mower even though I'd rather not.

You look to be doing very well. How have you been advertising? Do you just offer maintenance or other services as well (hardscaping, landscaping, mulch, etc)??

Why dont you like renting? I do it a lot and never had any problems.....most large construction companies even lease equipment (basically a long rental)

I haven't really done a whole lot of landscaping. I have been to school for landscape drafting but honestly didn't learn anything in my opinion. The only advertisement I do is I sponsor my school, I mow the football field for free once a year(home coming game) so it is nice and striped, and in exchange they announce my name and Bussiness over the intercom at the game.

I want to become more involved with landscaping as it is a service that needs to be offered with my business. I have always like the construction side of things and landscaping would be fun. But I want to make sure that if I will be doing like retaining walls, water features and what not that I do it right because as of right now I have no idea on how to build or maintain any of those...have and advice on a class I could take maybe?

I don't like renting only because the jobs that I have turned down you would need a skid to do but it would only be for about 10 minutes of work and really wouldn't be a big money maker.

nnj18
01-30-2009, 01:57 PM
I worked for 2 guys and learned a lot of good from both, the one guy knew his stuff and the other could hardly control his men...but both were defaintely learning expierences.

As far as classes I'm in college and took a few but they really didn't help that much. Best advice I'd give you is find a guy that does strictly construction and does good work and you'll pick it up best there.

CGlandscaping
01-30-2009, 04:32 PM
I haven't really done a whole lot of landscaping. I have been to school for landscape drafting but honestly didn't learn anything in my opinion. The only advertisement I do is I sponsor my school, I mow the football field for free once a year(home coming game) so it is nice and striped, and in exchange they announce my name and Bussiness over the intercom at the game.

I want to become more involved with landscaping as it is a service that needs to be offered with my business. I have always like the construction side of things and landscaping would be fun. But I want to make sure that if I will be doing like retaining walls, water features and what not that I do it right because as of right now I have no idea on how to build or maintain any of those...have and advice on a class I could take maybe?

I don't like renting only because the jobs that I have turned down you would need a skid to do but it would only be for about 10 minutes of work and really wouldn't be a big money maker.

For 18 years old all i can say is wow!!!! 50 some accounts thats really good. haha just wow. im on my 5th or 6th year and only have 60. way to go keep it up. i started out just like u when i was younger. nothing but a ride on lawn mower and a wagon.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-30-2009, 04:42 PM
I worked for 2 guys and learned a lot of good from both, the one guy knew his stuff and the other could hardly control his men...but both were defaintely learning expierences.

As far as classes I'm in college and took a few but they really didn't help that much. Best advice I'd give you is find a guy that does strictly construction and does good work and you'll pick it up best there.

Yea I have kept my eye open for that. I have always wanted to do retaining walls and water features and just general landscaping.

FinerCutslawnCare
01-30-2009, 04:43 PM
For 18 years old all i can say is wow!!!! 50 some accounts thats really good. haha just wow. im on my 5th or 6th year and only have 60. way to go keep it up. i started out just like u when i was younger. nothing but a ride on lawn mower and a wagon.

THanks for the compliments! I have to work hard and keep telling myself that one day I will be big if I keep working hard.

nnj18
01-30-2009, 04:45 PM
If I hit 50 accounts this year I'll be pretty happy, 60+ and I'll be extremely happy lol btw your g/f is pretty hot...

FinerCutslawnCare
01-30-2009, 05:16 PM
If I hit 50 accounts this year I'll be pretty happy, 60+ and I'll be extremely happy lol btw your g/f is pretty hot...

Thanks man!

Kennedy Landscaping
01-30-2009, 06:21 PM
Where are those pics ^^. I never saw any chicks?

FinerCutslawnCare
01-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Post # 202 page 21 of the 09 bikini girls...

Michael J. Donovan
01-30-2009, 09:29 PM
Enough from the two of you (and you know who I mean). We don't need anymore of the nonsense so move on and/or utilize the ignore feature

Ben's Landscape
02-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Very nice pics!! nice work and nice equipment!!!

bulldoglawncare
02-06-2009, 10:18 PM
hey my names sean and im turning 18 in a month. ive been doing landscaping since '04. ive only got a stander now but im adding a couple of new toro stand-ons and an enclosed to my f350 diesel dump truck. thats some nice work and pretty sweet equipment. its always nice knowing theres others out there my age workin their ass off doin wat they love! keep it up bro!

FinerCutslawnCare
02-07-2009, 12:53 AM
You to man! What year is your f350 dump? I would like to get a dump, but a chevy instead haha. Make sure you post picks of your work on here!

bulldoglawncare
02-13-2009, 11:08 PM
it is an '04 f350 and i would rather have a chevy too but i couldnt beat the price and i will have pics soon , i just broke my camera but i will def have pics!!

greenviewlandscaper
02-14-2009, 11:39 AM
damn 18 years old and all that huh!!!!!!!!!!! everybody tells me that im twenty three and starting out young is going to be good but you are going to be great in the industry.

nnj18
02-14-2009, 11:44 AM
So what are your plans for this year?

mowerdude777
03-07-2009, 11:19 PM

Is that walk behind good? I may buy a used metro hp tomrow.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-12-2009, 10:35 PM
So what are your plans for this year?

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I am trying to close on a house right now and it is driving me crazy.:dizzy: I plan on adding another trailer this year and another mower. My dad is quiting his job this year and will start working for me full time. I just have way to much to do this coming year and will need him to help. This year I picked up some local parks that will take us 2 days to mow, trim, edge and blow everything off. I will put him on a z, my friend on the jd, and me on the other z. I am also the only one that is licensed to put down pesticides so I may be able to do that while everyone else is out mowing.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Is that walk behind good? I may buy a used metro hp tomrow.

I like the mower alot but I hate the pistol grips. Those ecs controls are amazing. I was going to buy another 48 exmark tthp but at the last minute the guy decided he wanted to keep it!:hammerhead:

Scag413
03-13-2009, 01:11 AM
Congrats on getting all that extra work this year!!! Dude, you are 18 and getting ready to buy a house?!!!! Now that's crazy! lol...post a picture if you get it and good luck closing the deal!

AndyTblc
03-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Wow, I'm 20 years old and still live in the same house since I was 3 years old. And you're 18 and buying a house? Good for you!! Hopefully that goes well for you.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Closing on house tonight at 4p.m. Will get some pics up. Has a fish pond in the back that may just end up being a project=) maybe turn it into a water feature? I will post some pics of that to so everyone could come up with some ideas. I am honestly stealing the house. Appraises at $125,000 and I am buying it for $70,250! Brand new roof, central air, wiring, furnace. Whole bunch of goodies. Only bad thing is is that they have smoked in it the last 37 years so the walls are white underneath the nicoteen stains. Literally complately brown walls now. Nothing alittle kiltz won't cure. We plan on replacing the carpet and painting the walls the first week I move in so that will be fun. Mowing all day coming home and working even more. O well

nnj18
03-13-2009, 02:07 PM
theres no way you're buying a house, they're not going to give a loan to a 18 year old on a 75k house....maybe its in your dads name??

AndyTblc
03-13-2009, 11:45 PM
How did it go? Pics?

Junior M
03-13-2009, 11:48 PM
theres no way you're buying a house, they're not going to give a loan to a 18 year old on a 75k house....maybe its in your dads name??
Why do you have to doubt everyone? its seems like if you cant do it, no one can.. :hammerhead:

nnj18
03-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Why do you have to doubt everyone? its seems like if you cant do it, no one can.. :hammerhead:

Because you have to understand that some things are just not possible, so I call BS.

No bank is giving an 18 year old money for a house in this economy. Why are we in this mess, today?? 'Cause people defaulted on their loan, banks aren't going to take a chance with an 18 year old.

They might if he's putting 30% down and his dads cosigning. But even then it'll be tight.

But my guess is dads signing on it and they'll be working on it together to flip it.

flatlander42
03-14-2009, 11:49 AM
I bought our (wife and I) House when i was 21, and so was she.:cool2:

If he has his crap in order......should be no problem!

GOOD LUCK!

FinerCutslawnCare
03-14-2009, 01:49 PM
Actually he is cosinging for it. THey have extrememly good credit. I guess pics will prove to people. I can honestly say I have never heard of a 18 year old buying a house either I will give you that. Down payment is $6000 with a 30 year fixed loan.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-14-2009, 01:53 PM
The only way this is possible for me to do is because of the industry we are in $$$

AndyTblc
03-14-2009, 02:19 PM
The only way this is possible for me to do is because of the industry we are in $$$

I must live in the wrong area.

nnj18
03-14-2009, 02:57 PM
Actually he is cosinging for it. THey have extrememly good credit. I guess pics will prove to people. I can honestly say I have never heard of a 18 year old buying a house either I will give you that. Down payment is $6000 with a 30 year fixed loan.

Well good luck, don't know how you could pull it off with the economy and not even 10% but hey, congrats.

Pics of a house don't prove anything btw haha....

FinerCutslawnCare
03-17-2009, 01:58 AM
Thanks! I think all together we are just going to repaint the hole inside of the house. I am thinking about 4 five gallon buckets of kiltz primer! Beings I am a first time home buyer I got that $8000 tax return which was really nice!

teamgreendude
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
jez your doing pretty good for yourself a new truck and now a house wow i plan on buying a new truck this year and depending on the number of accounts i have im gonna try to add a second crew if i do i'll have about 140 yards and bringing in about 6k a month minus all the gas and food stops and other expenses good luck bro

DoetschOutdoor
03-17-2009, 03:03 PM
jez your doing pretty good for yourself a new truck and now a house wow i plan on buying a new truck this year and depending on the number of accounts i have im gonna try to add a second crew if i do i'll have about 140 yards and bringing in about 6k a month minus all the gas and food stops and other expenses good luck bro

Not to get off topic but 140 yards equals only 6k a month before your expenses? Are you sure your numbers are right? Even at a low low $20/cut, you should be grossing alot more than 6k...

nnj18
03-17-2009, 04:02 PM
Not to get off topic but 140 yards equals only 6k a month before your expenses? Are you sure your numbers are right? Even at a low low $20/cut, you should be grossing alot more than 6k...

maybe he meant 40??? He should be atleast $16,800 monthly and even thats low at $30 per cut weekly.....really should be in the $19,600-25,000+ monthly gross

2brothersyardcare
03-17-2009, 05:13 PM
nice stuff man ur 18 im 16 i want a house when i turn 18 ****

davis45
03-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Buyin a house at 18? Congrats man, good for you. Im 20 and looking at my first house also. Get those pics up

MSS Mow
03-17-2009, 08:07 PM
Wow man, you really got your head on straight and got great support from your dad. Having support like that is an incredible asset. Keep up the great work you're doing and hopefully you're able to take your company where you want to.

A couple quick suggestions:

1. get that logo done sooner rather than later. Branding!! (Remember, keep it simple, broadbased to enable growth without changing name and logo.) The sooner you start building that brand awareness, the better off you'll be.

2. get that enclosed trailer lettered up once you get a logo designed. It's a mobile billboard. You think that yard sign brought in business....

3. save, save, save. You're probably already doing this, but save as much $ as possible and pay for as much stuff in cash as possible. Don't get into a cycle of using credit cards. They can be very destructive!!

Again, congrats on your success up to this point. Keep up the hard work and you will be rewarded.

Your parents must be proud!!

By the way, I'm 28, and bought my first place when I was 20.

tls22
03-17-2009, 10:05 PM
Nice man...the pics are great and congrats on the house. I moved into my own house when i was 20, just make sure you keep it clean.(inside i mean) Dont let the partys get out of control either...lol

do you have any pics of ur truck pushing snow?

FinerCutslawnCare
03-17-2009, 11:44 PM
None of my truck pushing snow beings I was the one driving. I tried taking some one night when we had a big snow, but my camera decided that it doesn't like taking good pictures anymore...I will see if I have any or if anyone else has any.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-17-2009, 11:45 PM
I thank ny rents every day as I realize how much they have helped me!

powernoje
03-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Please post pictures of your new house when you get a chance...

Lakewlc
03-23-2009, 08:03 PM
yeah x2...

Kennedy Landscaping
03-23-2009, 08:13 PM
I agree on the pics, and don't listen to nnj18, if you look at his posts almost all of them are dicouraging others. Even in his own threads. Have fun this season and enjoy the new house!

Lakewlc
03-23-2009, 08:14 PM

he's right ob the g/f thing.. like they said in the other thread, more pics lol

deere615
03-23-2009, 10:18 PM

x3. . . . .

powernoje
03-23-2009, 10:52 PM

x4.........

Petr51488
03-23-2009, 11:57 PM
My god, what i would do if we had houses around here that were 100k!! YOu need 100k downpayment before they even give you a loan around here. Houses start around 400k and go as high as 2 mil.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
Yea I am really lucky to find one at that kinda deal! I will get pics up soon I promise! I will have my own garage to put my equipement in, god will that be nice!

FinerCutslawnCare
03-24-2009, 12:13 AM
O just an update I am no longer with that girl. Long story, now dealing with alot of drama that I don't need right now. Plenty of other hotties out there=) I dated that one for 1 1/2 years.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-24-2009, 12:14 AM
o forgot to mention that she wants to be a landscape designer!!!!!! aggghhhh o well, i guess in the future if she is a designer we will be competitors haha

AndyTblc
03-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Dang, now who are you going to have over at your house at night? LOL JK

FinerCutslawnCare
03-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Well actually I have a girl right now that moved here from Finland, o yea she has a really hot accent, and she said she would stay with me whenever I am lonely! (we are dating)

AndyTblc
03-24-2009, 12:24 AM
from Finland? How the heck did that happen? LOL Thats cool.

teamgreendude
03-24-2009, 08:08 AM

i may of just eyeballed it but yea that sounds about right good luck logan and nice stuff to

teamgreendude
03-24-2009, 08:14 AM
hey logan how many acres do you mow with those parks you should get a lazer z xs with a 25hp kubota diesel true power right there.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-26-2009, 08:44 PM
hey logan how many acres do you mow with those parks you should get a lazer z xs with a 25hp kubota diesel true power right there.

Well as of right now it is no longer a deffinant. I placed the bid, and the guy said" Well if ya ever need to raise the price, just let me know" Right now it is going threw the city to be discussed, but I have a really good feeling that I will end up getting it. Sorry for the confusion, my bad. To answer your question there is about 4 acres of mowing, but those acres include 2 baseball fields and alot of open area mowing. I have a local lco that is no longer in the undustry that is looking to sell his exmark z liquid cooled 60" for $5500. If the park accounts go threw I will buy it immeditaly. He is actually the guy that I started helping when I was young, and the mower is a dream. So quiet and has a great cut! I believe the mower only has 600 hours on it. He is so anal about his equipment that you wouldn't be able to tell from new, not kidding!

FinerCutslawnCare
03-26-2009, 08:49 PM
from Finland? How the heck did that happen? LOL Thats cool.

I have no idea. She is a foreign exchange student actually and will be moving back in 3 months:hammerhead: but for now I will just enjoy her "company". She messes up every once in awhile will talking, and some times when I am trying to explain stuff to her I have to use a hole bunch of different definitions so she understands.:rolleyes:

stuntmanlogan
03-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Man, thats impressive. I just turned 18 in January, and I've been mowing for about 4 seasons. This will be my 5th, and I'm ready to purchase my first walk behind. I would like to get my customers up to at least 25. I only have 14 at the moment that i need to get in contact with to make sure i still have for the season. My question for you is how do you get so many qustomers. Thanks

teamgreendude
03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
so would you say that if my dealer has an exmark lazer z hp rider 23hp kawi on it and 600 hours would it be a good buy oh and one other question how much did the truck cost you with a plow installed i wan a gmc crew cab long box duramax and allison package with a boss plow just like yours one other sugestion if your going to buy another trailer get a wells cargo it's an asome trailer

FinerCutslawnCare
03-26-2009, 11:47 PM
Man, thats impressive. I just turned 18 in January, and I've been mowing for about 4 seasons. This will be my 5th, and I'm ready to purchase my first walk behind. I would like to get my customers up to at least 25. I only have 14 at the moment that i need to get in contact with to make sure i still have for the season. My question for you is how do you get so many qustomers. Thanks

Good to see that there are other kids my age in the industry from iowa:weightlifter: Btw my name is logan, just saw that in your name. Anyways, to tell you the truth, hard work. I worked my butt off the first few years, making stuff look the best I could. I passed out door hangers the first 2 years, made yards signs and passed out business cards like they were going out of style. Word of mouth is a great thing not to mention that it is probably the best advertisemnt you can have.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-26-2009, 11:51 PM
so would you say that if my dealer has an exmark lazer z hp rider 23hp kawi on it and 600 hours would it be a good buy oh and one other question how much did the truck cost you with a plow installed i wan a gmc crew cab long box duramax and allison package with a boss plow just like yours one other sugestion if your going to buy another trailer get a wells cargo it's an asome trailer

Depends on how much he is asking for it, and what condition it is in. I have seen mowers with 1000 hours on them and look brand new. Other mowers with 600 hours like the one you are talking about that look like they have been to hell and back. Just do a general check over, and ask if you could maybe demo it for a day. That would probably be the best way to really decide if you want to purchase the mower. As for as the truck goes I have a gasser, no diesel:hammerhead: I love the truck to death tho! I will have to look back and see how much it was all together, all i can say is after this winter I am so happy that I got the setup. I have heard the gmc will not warranty a plow on the front of a duramax, so that might be something to think about or look into.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-26-2009, 11:55 PM
Ok so I just looked and with a line x bed liner, the boss, mudflaps and the ltz rims because I like them I paid $39,475.00

AndyTblc
03-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Ok so I just looked and with a line x bed liner, the boss, mudflaps and the ltz rims because I like them I paid $39,475.00

Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate the color of your truck, ONLY because my neighbor has the same truck, and every time I see that color truck, I cringe. He has an 07 classic body style, and he beets up his truck, he has 18,000 miles on it, and he doesn't plow with it, but he beats his tranny up so friken bad, does everything a snow plow operator does to a company truck. His tranny is going out, when I drive it, you can tell. Plus, this past winter, he went to go put it in 4wd, and he's spinning his tires gas to the floor, and he pushes the button, and all I herd was grinding and a big slam and off he went. But I sure would love to have a truck set up like you. Someday!!!

teamgreendude
03-27-2009, 08:25 AM
well the mower is in asome shape i test drove it hydros and drive system are great and it cuts like a champ as for the plow state farm will insure for it and so hopfully that won't be a problem

teamgreendude
03-27-2009, 08:26 AM
oh yea he also want's $3900 for the lazer z hp 23hp 56 inch triton deck

DillonsLawnCare
03-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Finercuts:

Do you go to school?

deere615
03-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, but I hate the color of your truck, ONLY because my neighbor has the same truck, and every time I see that color truck, I cringe. He has an 07 classic body style, and he beets up his truck, he has 18,000 miles on it, and he doesn't plow with it, but he beats his tranny up so friken bad, does everything a snow plow operator does to a company truck. His tranny is going out, when I drive it, you can tell. Plus, this past winter, he went to go put it in 4wd, and he's spinning his tires gas to the floor, and he pushes the button, and all I herd was grinding and a big slam and off he went. But I sure would love to have a truck set up like you. Someday!!!

Yea I saw a truck a few times that color in the classic style and I dont like it, but I think it looks pretty good on a nbs

AndyTblc
03-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Yea I saw a truck a few times that color in the classic style and I dont like it, but I think it looks pretty good on a nbs

I don't like the 1500 nbs, but the 2500HD nbs look good

FinerCutslawnCare
03-28-2009, 02:46 AM
Finercuts:

Do you go to school?

Yes I am a senior this year.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-28-2009, 02:47 AM
I love the new 2500hd's but I am not a fan of the 1500's at all

AndyTblc
03-28-2009, 03:01 PM
our local chevy dealership just closed down. You have to watch this video http://www.wwmt.com/video/index.php?bcpid=1111405973&bclid=1137706675&bctid=17851781001

A couple of the sales men fighting. I plow snow for one of the salesmen, who's dad used to own it way way back in the day.

FinerCutslawnCare
03-28-2009, 06:10 PM
That is terrible. My old man lost his job because one of the biggest home builders in Iowa closed down and dicked my dads company out of $250,000. He worked there for ten years! Economy sucks bad right now!

AndyTblc
03-28-2009, 06:41 PM
That sucks, thats a lot of money. Doesn't he work for you now? I just drove past one of my accounts that I have to do spring clean up, and there is still snow there, and it's where the city plows the snow from the parking lots around it, and what a mess they made, I'm looking forward to the money thoughpayuppayuppayup

FinerCutslawnCare
03-28-2009, 06:45 PM
O yea, I was supposed to thatch this week, but as of right now it is snowing outside!!!!! As of right now my dad is working for me part time, but if I get this big park account he will go full time for me. It will be hard enough to keep up while I am still in school for the next 2 months!

Lakewlc
03-28-2009, 10:27 PM
O just an update I am no longer with that girl. Long story, now dealing with alot of drama that I don't need right now. Plenty of other hotties out there=) I dated that one for 1 1/2 years.

that sucks.. you get any pics of her before she left?? lol

FinerCutslawnCare
03-30-2009, 12:12 PM
no I did not...even tho I am sitting in school at the moment and she keeps looking at me...haha

Petr51488
03-30-2009, 04:50 PM
so what happened to the house?

nnj18
03-30-2009, 06:56 PM
no I did not...even tho I am sitting in school at the moment and she keeps looking at me...haha

lol she prob wants her loaded ex-bf back

FinerCutslawnCare
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
lol she prob wants her loaded ex-bf back

Lol probably...she was a little gold digger. Her mom is single and just as good looking:cry: She is kinda crazy tho(both of them) like mother like daughter i guess:rolleyes:

FinerCutslawnCare
03-30-2009, 09:16 PM
so what happened to the house?

Good question! I couldn't take any pics today because I was thatching...which I will have up here shortly. I will have to get some tomor if possible, its supposed to rain so it might give me a better chance to get a few!

FinerCutslawnCare
04-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I promise I will have new pics up of both the house and some equipment pics tonight!

TurtleCreekL&L42
04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Hey i am just starting to get into the lawn business and i have about 12 accounts now and looking to get some more. I have been passing out some flyers but not getting to much feedback. Got any ideas or comments it seems like your doing pretty good with your business

FinerCutslawnCare
04-01-2009, 10:09 PM
How many flyers have you passed out? My best advice would be advertise and do great work. I have had really good luck with some yard signs. To tell you the truth I never got one call back from passing out door hangers, so I strayed away from that. Word of mouth has worked really good for me to tell you the truth. Getting to know the right people helps alot, not to mention that if you get involved with commercial, they sometimes talk to there buddies and then they want you to do it also!

teamgreendude
04-01-2009, 10:43 PM
were are those pics u promised please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kennedy Landscaping
04-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah how bout those pictures?

DRBLawnBuster
04-01-2009, 10:49 PM
GOT PICTURES lol

jtslawncare
04-01-2009, 11:51 PM
I'm kind of depressed right now because I was looking forward to seeing some pics tonight... O well maybe later tonight or tomorrow

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 12:36 AM
don't worry guys I took pics today, only like a couple. The house has a fish pond in the back that I will be turning into a water feature! I will also post pics of that so maybe someone can come up with some ideas! I will get pics on here tomor. BTW wat kinda pics ya want? I got one of the truck and trailer sitting in front, and one of the garage, its funnny because one side is packed with stuff that haven't moved out yet and the other side is packed with my equipment.We know them so they are fine with us keeping our stuff there until they have everything completely moved out.

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 12:37 AM
ok guys calm down I will go out to the truck and grab the dang camera! aggghhhh! its cold outside! I will be back in a minute haha

jtslawncare
04-02-2009, 12:43 AM
I wanna see the current set up and the front of the house and also maybe some current work pics?

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 12:45 AM
ok while I am posting pics on here does anyone wanna buy my bike?:) 02 yamaha r1 w/ jardine exhaust, chrome wind screen, chrome frame sliders and fresh tires:weightlifter: Asking $5500.00

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 12:49 AM
I wanna see the current set up and the front of the house and also maybe some current work pics?

Got ya covered on a little bit of that. I have some pics from yesterday, or the day before can't remember of my thatching setup. No before and after pics of lawns. Brought the camera along today because I was going to do that but forgot!:hammerhead:

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 12:59 AM
Ok guys here are the pics as i promised. Here is a pic of my truck in front of the house. Can't see the whole thing but I will take better pics here soon!

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 01:01 AM
Pic of the fish pond that I need ideas for(turning into a water feature). Btw that is my very own garage. Was thinking about taking out both doors and making it just one big one. Also later on may take down the tree in back and build a shop right there.

jtslawncare
04-02-2009, 01:01 AM
I should have brought my camera along today too... I started mowing a subdivision entrance today and my guy had to weed eat about a 3 foot strip of grass about 150-200 yards long cuz it was muddy still from the drainage hammerhead..O well thats what he gets paid for lol yea if you can get some good pics of the truck tho cuz i just turned 18 on thursday and im looking at a single cab chevy duramax cool2

jtslawncare
04-02-2009, 01:03 AM
not sure why my little icons didnt show up? lol

jtslawncare
04-02-2009, 01:05 AM
Nice pics.. I think you need to cut the tree down now and build a shop now

MJS
04-02-2009, 01:05 AM
The house - very cool. . .big purchase, for sure.
Looks like the grass in back could use a little tlc, though.

If I were you, I would just take the pond out. . . it's kind of in a funny spot anyways.

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 01:06 AM
Here is my thatching set up. I love my john deere to death for fall and spring clean ups! Also a pic of the bagger full!

MJS
04-02-2009, 01:06 AM
not sure why my little icons didnt show up? lol

You have to have colons : on either side.

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 01:07 AM
The grass does need some work...alot of work that is. The last thing I will want to do after mowing all day is to come home and mow my own yard!

MJS
04-02-2009, 01:09 AM
The grass does need some work...alot of work that is. The last thing I will want to do after mowing all day is to come home and mow my own yard!

Yeah lol, I hear ya. . . Think of it as a huge billboard for your company, and the motivation seems to come a little easier.

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 01:11 AM
Here is a picture of the grass we picked up off a smaller yard. This is just one yard btw! Also some pics of the dump box and us dumping it all. I dump all my lawn clippings at our city lagoon as I am "tight with the city guys" and was so fortunate of have permission to dump there. They gave me my very own key. I live in a smaller town so everyone knows everyone, which is better for advertisement!:waving:

jtslawncare
04-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the answer lol... I'm jealous of the truck man.. I'm hoping to get my new truck soon

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 01:24 AM
No problem and yea I really like the truck. Getting cowboy duals on it next week to give it some sound. Going with magna flow

Junior M
04-02-2009, 08:06 AM
When'd you get a dump trailer? Maybe I missed that thread, either way, truck looks sweet!

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Dump is a buddy of mines...may be a new addition shortly! How have ya been lately? Keeping busy?

Petr51488
04-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Looks great. I still don't believe the price you paid for that house. lol Around here a house like that would be around 350-400k easy. I have that same color/engine truck and love it. What are you averaging per mile? 8-9 i'm guessing?

BGClawns101
04-02-2009, 01:40 PM
nice stuff

IntegrityGuy
04-02-2009, 02:02 PM
So is the house for you, or for you and your family?

Congrats on the Big purchase.

Junior M
04-02-2009, 02:28 PM
Dump is a buddy of mines...may be a new addition shortly! How have ya been lately? Keeping busy?
Been busy for this year, on our 4th job this year :dizzy: but we've never had this much work this early in the year, usually is a short period of alot of work and then nothing, but finally got in to my little niche kinda, just doing selective clearing..

Any luck with a machine?

Ben's Landscape
04-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Nice set up!! I really like your dump trailer with the new truck!! Congrats on the house too. Good luck in '09!!

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Been busy for this year, on our 4th job this year :dizzy: but we've never had this much work this early in the year, usually is a short period of alot of work and then nothing, but finally got in to my little niche kinda, just doing selective clearing..

Any luck with a machine?

No luck yet. Now looking for a S250 instead of a S185. Posted an add on craigslist and here and haven't really got a lot of feed back. For some reason this year spring cleanup has tripled compared to last year, which is wierd because the economy is going to hell. Btw are you in school right now? Because I am in my business class haha:rolleyes:

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Nice set up!! I really like your dump trailer with the new truck!! Congrats on the house too. Good luck in '09!!

Thanks for the compliment!:waving:

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Looks great. I still don't believe the price you paid for that house. lol Around here a house like that would be around 350-400k easy. I have that same color/engine truck and love it. What are you averaging per mile? 8-9 i'm guessing?

You also have to realize that I live in Iowa. Plus this is the time to buy, but not to sell. Some amazing deals out there right now! I love the truck. And ya, 8-9, gotta love it:hammerhead:

FinerCutslawnCare
04-02-2009, 04:56 PM
So is the house for you, or for you and your family?

Congrats on the Big purchase.

House is for me only. Won't be spending alot of time at it beings I will be working so much to make sure I am making the payments!:cry:

Petr51488
04-02-2009, 06:58 PM
House is for me only. Won't be spending alot of time at it beings I will be working so much to make sure I am making the payments!:cry:

Have you thought about renting it out? or a portion of it? Thats my goal in the next 5-10 years. I would like a 2 family house. Rent out both appartments and live in the basement.

Junior M
04-02-2009, 07:02 PM
No luck yet. Now looking for a S250 instead of a S185. Posted an add on craigslist and here and haven't really got a lot of feed back. For some reason this year spring cleanup has tripled compared to last year, which is wierd because the economy is going to hell. Btw are you in school right now? Because I am in my business class haha:rolleyes:
check out auctions, I am looking at a paper right now and its got a S220(the only BC Kaiser will ever say he was happy with) fully loaded with low hours, might start going to auctions, check out ritchie brothers website you might go to there auction and hook up with Constructo or J. Peterson since they live in Iowa..

Have you checked out Iron Planet or Machinery Trader yet?

And yep, I was in class.. :laugh:

DRBLawnBuster
04-02-2009, 08:39 PM
how do you do all your advertising?

teamgreendude
04-02-2009, 09:31 PM
were are the new pics of your other stuff btw that house is so frieakin cool i still can't believe you paid that much for that house so hows living on your own going must be quiet at that house of yours but never the less i think you should get lettering done on your truck and trailer. Trailer = rolling billbord which = more $$$$ one other thing do you have a vac for the exmark yet and i just landed a huge commercial contract to maintain the island medians on my street pays $6,000 per month for everything

Kennedy Landscaping
04-02-2009, 10:50 PM
No problem and yea I really like the truck. Getting cowboy duals on it next week to give it some sound. Going with magna flow

Good choice going with magnaflow. I have them on my truck and frickin love it! Nice DEEP tone.

FinerCutslawnCare
04-03-2009, 09:13 PM
Yea I know I can't wait to get the system put on. On another note I have been thatching like crazy this last week. Every time I have thatched I have had someone walk across the street and ask for a bid, and what do you know! They have me do it! I am starting to get tired of thatching already! haha but not tired of the money!

FinerCutslawnCare
04-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Have you thought about renting it out? or a portion of it? Thats my goal in the next 5-10 years. I would like a 2 family house. Rent out both appartments and live in the basement.

I will have 2 roomates living with me each paying $300 a month for rent plus dividing utilites by the three of us!

FinerCutslawnCare
04-03-2009, 09:16 PM
check out auctions, I am looking at a paper right now and its got a S220(the only BC Kaiser will ever say he was happy with) fully loaded with low hours, might start going to auctions, check out ritchie brothers website you might go to there auction and hook up with Constructo or J. Peterson since they live in Iowa..

Have you checked out Iron Planet or Machinery Trader yet?

And yep, I was in class.. :laugh:

I knew it! I knew you would be in class, haha I always get on during school! People are like seriously, you are on a lawncare website...you are a nerd. I just think to myself, yea I am, I love making money! If they only knew how much all of us learn and help eachother on here they may have a different opinion:waving:

FinerCutslawnCare
04-03-2009, 09:18 PM
were are the new pics of your other stuff btw that house is so frieakin cool i still can't believe you paid that much for that house so hows living on your own going must be quiet at that house of yours but never the less i think you should get lettering done on your truck and trailer. Trailer = rolling billbord which = more $$$$ one other thing do you have a vac for the exmark yet and i just landed a huge commercial contract to maintain the island medians on my street pays $6,000 per month for everything

That is insane! That will be a nice money maker. How many islands will you be doing, how long will it take, equipment being used? Congrats! Thats a couple hundred more than I will be getting if I land this park account. I have a meeting that I have had to postone due to work, but plan on going in and getting a design made up. I will keep everyone posted on that btw!

Junior M
04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
I knew it! I knew you would be in class, haha I always get on during school! People are like seriously, you are on a lawncare website...you are a nerd. I just think to myself, yea I am, I love making money! If they only knew how much all of us learn and help eachother on here they may have a different opinion:waving:
People say the same thing! I am here constantly, whenever I am on the computer I am on here, kind of creepy, but I love it here! This is the only forum that I really post in..

FinerCutslawnCare
04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Yea I have gotten on plowsite and some others but this is really the only one that keeps me interested. I am literally on this site 5-6 times a day for half hour. O btw I have looked on machinery trader, have my eye on a couple, might give them a call next week and make an offer, who knows.

Junior M
04-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Yea I have gotten on plowsite and some others but this is really the only one that keeps me interested. I am literally on this site 5-6 times a day for half hour. O btw I have looked on machinery trader, have my eye on a couple, might give them a call next week and make an offer, who knows.
Alright, keep me posted on it..

And I am on here in just about every class, I had one teacher that actually asked me, dont you have anything better to do? :laugh:

FinerCutslawnCare
04-03-2009, 09:27 PM
I have had teachers yell at me to stay focused and write a business paper, and I am like" Yea, I am doing research on lawnsite" haha

teamgreendude
04-03-2009, 09:28 PM
well my encore 36 inch belt drive is giving me trouble but the dealer should have it ready to go buy tomorrow and yea when I'm in class and supposed to be doing shakespear I'm on here but technically i haven't gotten it yet but he said theirs a pretty good chance I'll get it i have to do mowing spring/fall cleanups and maybe mulching to but the best part is when people see my lettered enclosed on the street they'll remember my name and the bigger lawns my stander will get to show off some stripes