PDA

View Full Version : Wb leaveing brown stripe

grasscutter845
07-31-2008, 09:26 PM
I was doing a new account yesterday, while i was mowing i saw i was leaveing brown stripes on the right side--same side the bagger is on. I was wondering if once the catcher gets real heavy is it making the machine lean to one side? The blades arent bent bc they r brand new.Anyone else have this problem?

MileHigh
07-31-2008, 09:30 PM
Is it doing it everywhere? Does it do it after you empty your bagger?...or without the bagger..we need more info.

scalping?...cutting to low, tire pressure, could be many things.

I've bought brand new BENT blades...that weren't even for the right mower.

and no...i don't have this problem.

whoopassonthebluegrass
07-31-2008, 09:33 PM
I was doing a new account yesterday, while i was mowing i saw i was leaveing brown stripes on the right side--same side the bagger is on. I was wondering if once the catcher gets real heavy is it making the machine lean to one side? The blades arent bent bc they r brand new.Anyone else have this problem?

How big is the stripe? Where in your pattern does it land? Is it actually under the bag? What mower? Fixed deck or floating? What height are you cutting at?

whoopassonthebluegrass
07-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Sorry - that was redundant. Didn't have the first reply when I wrote mine...

corey4671
07-31-2008, 09:36 PM
possibly bad spindle bearing

grasscutter845
07-31-2008, 09:51 PM
I was cutting at about 3.5, i would like to think it was under the bagger but icant see if the bagger was dragging that it would turn it brown. Thats why i think its the right blade. Its a bobcat fixed deck. It only happened one other time in the the same neighborhood and when i was cutting that lawn i was cutting a little higher. Its sod and it was put down about 3 yrs ago give or take. All the tires are good

whoopassonthebluegrass
07-31-2008, 10:21 PM
I was cutting at about 3.5, i would like to think it was under the bagger but icant see if the bagger was dragging that it would turn it brown. Thats why i think its the right blade. Its a bobcat fixed deck. It only happened one other time in the the same neighborhood and when i was cutting that lawn i was cutting a little higher. Its sod and it was put down about 3 yrs ago give or take. All the tires are good

How wide is the strip? Is it that the grass is TURNING brown... or that your managing to get something brown ON it?

Grass Happens
07-31-2008, 10:24 PM
new blades you said? one dosent happen to be on upside down does it?
:/

lawnprosteveo
07-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Tire pressure, bent blade, blade upside down....Id start with those first.

whoopassonthebluegrass
07-31-2008, 10:39 PM
Wait, when you wrote W/B, did you mean WALK behind or WHITE behind? Because the brown stripes could be much simpler to identify...

grasscutter845
08-01-2008, 06:01 AM
Wait, when you wrote W/B, did you mean WALK behind or WHITE behind? Because the brown stripes could be much simpler to identify...

Its a walk behind, its a small stripe..thanks for all the help

grasscutter845
08-01-2008, 06:02 AM
and its only does it on newly laid sod

BDLC Mikey
08-01-2008, 10:06 AM
i cut a yard for a lawyer that has pretty bad thatch and if i cut it too low it looks brown because the thatch is as thick as the grass and it gets exposed... http://www.bigdoglawncareohio.com/portfolio/images/sburke08_2.jpg