PDA

View Full Version : 297c impressions

ccstrebe
07-31-2008, 09:47 PM
I finally got to see the 297C today. I ran over to San Diego (3hr one way) and got to demo one.

All I can say is WOW!! Comparing my 450ct to the 297c is like comparing an International pickup truck to to a Caddilac Escalde. I don't even know where to start on how much better the engineering is and how well thought out this machine is. It is way more ergonomic and user friendly and the engine access is unreal. I am at a loss of words on how much better this machine is. It was fully loaded, (so is my 450ct) which is the same way I would get one. If the numbers are good I'm placing my order tomorrow.

I feel like a kid at Christmas, I hope it doesn't take too long.

bobcat_ron
07-31-2008, 10:16 PM
I thought you were trying out the new CTL from Cat!?!

Junior M
07-31-2008, 11:17 PM
woooo!!! are you talkn about case? i am so freakn confused!

caterpillarkid
07-31-2008, 11:21 PM
Hi my name is Nicholas I am 20 years old and new to this site. I just love equipment and about 6 months ago i demoed the 277C 287C and 297C! I have to totally agree with you the 297C that i demoed was fully loaded and this thing was so sweet i felt bad even putting her in the dirt. But the thing was a work horse, i ran it for a day in about 100 degree weather and didnt break a sweat or get fatigued. The hydraulic power was incredible, and the pushing power was the same. I just put a order on a 277C that is fully loaded with a dirt bucket with a tooth bar and a 6 way dozer blade. I havent ran one yet with the dozer blade so i hope it will cut like it should. lets hear more about that 297C!

Scag48
08-01-2008, 02:03 AM
The only thing I really dont' like, at this point, about the C series machines with cabs are the doors. Holy crap, is it just me or if you swung that thing open the wrong way, it would snap? I couldn't get one to close very well on a 262C, felt like I had to slam it much harder than I should.

BIGBEN2004
08-01-2008, 05:46 AM
woooo!!! are you talkn about case? i am so freakn confused!

He owns a Case CTL but demoed and is probably going to trade for a new Cat MTL.:hammerhead:

ccstrebe
08-01-2008, 10:03 AM
The only thing I really dont' like, at this point, about the C series machines with cabs are the doors. Holy crap, is it just me or if you swung that thing open the wrong way, it would snap? I couldn't get one to close very well on a 262C, felt like I had to slam it much harder than I should.

I did notice that door seemed flimsy, but it had the plastic door and I would get the glass door option, which I suspect would be a little stiffer, I would hope.

lets hear more about that 297C!

I didn't get to demo it in really rough stuff but what I did demo it in, compared to my 450ct on the same type of terrean, it was like floating on air. The air suspension seat alone with its 6” of travel makes me feel like a king sitting on a throne. I didn't notice any vibrations and the cab noise seems to be about half of what the Case cab noise is. On the Case I wear noise cancelling head phones and I have to turn off the engine to answer a cell phone call.

There are so many things I like about this machine. I really like the split arm rests and the fact that they are adjustable. I like the location of the hand throttle, very easy to get to. I like the foot throttle pressure, the Case foot throttle is so stiff that it is usless, I wound up just keeping it full throttle at all times.

The machine I demoed didn't have the switch for the Case h pattern so I was a little lost with the pilot handles but they felt good.

On the Case, If you ran it out of fuel, it was a major chore to bleed the injector lines and get it re-primed and going. You had to lift the cab just to get to the injector lines. On the Cat open the back and raise the radiators and you have full and complete access the the whole engine.

On the Case you have to lift the cab to change the fluid filters and the oil filter you would have to be a contorsionist to get to, Lord help you if it is on too tight. On the Cat everything is right there when you open the back door, amazing engineering compared to the Case.

bobcat_ron
08-01-2008, 10:11 AM
On the Case, If you ran it out of fuel, it was a major chore to bleed the injector lines and get it re-primed and going. You had to lift the cab just to get to the injector lines. On the Cat open the back and raise the radiators and you have full and complete access the the whole engine.

On the Case you have to lift the cab to change the fluid filters and the oil filter you would have to be a contorsionist to get to, Lord help you if it is on too tight. On the Cat everything is right there when you open the back door, amazing engineering compared to the Case.

Those were the same things I liked too, even the built in fuel primer pump, that set up is used on the bigger machines and it works real nice.

ccstrebe
08-01-2008, 11:17 AM
My Case has 2 speeds but you have to hold the button the whole time you want to be in 2nd gear, the new Case now has a detent so you dont have to hold it in but it starts out in 2nd gear from a dead stop. The Cat takes it to another level. If you have it in 2nd gear it doesn't actually go into 2nd gear until you reach 3 or 4 miles per hour, in other words it acts more like an automatic tranmission. Simply amazing how this machine works.

qps
08-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I own a 297C and so far I'm happy with it...don't tell KSSS you liked it better than his beloved CASE machine....he would be crushed:laugh:

Scag48
08-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I own a 297C and so far I'm happy with it...don't tell KSSS you liked it better than his beloved CASE machine....he would be crushed:laugh:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

ccstrebe
08-01-2008, 01:05 PM
I thought you were trying out the new CTL from Cat!?!

The CTL was in Phoenix (opposite direction) and I pretty much have figured out I will never be in the conditions that require the ruggedness of the CTL (sharp stones and demolition).

BrandonV
08-01-2008, 05:52 PM
are the ctls out yet? i've seen no reference to it out here in nc

ccstrebe
08-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Not for another month or so. The one I could have looked at was what they call a field service unit. Sort of a pre production unit they put in the field for a few months to see if any bugs pop up under everyday use.

ksss
08-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Crushed no. Thats why there are so many OEMs for these things there is one for about every taste. I don't see a 297 out working a 450.

caterpillarkid
08-01-2008, 10:10 PM
I was just curious abpout the pushing power of your 297C? How long have you had it and how does it compare to other ctl's in it's class?

qps
08-01-2008, 10:24 PM
I was just curious abpout the pushing power of your 297C? How long have you had it and how does it compare to other ctl's in it's class?

It push's as hard as any I demoed, Gehl, bobcat,deere...just not the CASE...( never demoed the case due to the fact they were behind as usual in the release of the new series III loaders...still wondering why no one has commented on the new series III track loader...suppose to conquer the world is what I heard:cool2:
I'll be the first to admit I don't use mine day in and day out, but I like what I have and that's all that matters. if you like to see tracks spin, but not go anywhere demo the deere, it pushed great but is also behind in the times...bobcat was a gutless wonder and the gehl was so far behind in technology it wasn't funny....others will complain the cat machines are higher than theres but I found that not to be necessarily true....in the end it just whatever you like the best and who gives the best service in your area...they all will do the same job...good luck...

allinearth
08-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Cats are built for comfort not real work.

bobcat_ron
08-03-2008, 11:27 AM

Sure, and Boobcraps are built for work and not comfort. Hmmm, that explains why I had so many break downs and the cab was always so dirty inside of my T190.

Junior M
08-03-2008, 12:21 PM
Sure, and Boobcraps are built for work and not comfort. Hmmm, that explains why I had so many break downs and the cab was always so dirty inside of my T190.
that was mostly cuz the "drain holes" in the in front of the pedals! about the stupidest idea ever! why would you need drain holes in a machine with a cab? i can understand why they put those holes in the standard machine

ccstrebe
08-03-2008, 01:18 PM

What's your definition of "real work"?

If a machine performs properly for your specific needs and does it with comfort as an added bonus, whats wrong with that?

Sounds "real" to me.

bobcat_ron
08-03-2008, 01:37 PM

If a machine performs properly for your specific needs and does it with comfort as an added bonus, whats wrong with that?

Sounds "real" to me.

Bingo-bango.

If an operator is comfortable in a nice, clean cab with an air ride seat and radio, it's going to be tough to pull the operator out at the end of the day.

Volvo made one of the biggest equipment breakthrough in 1964. They put enclosed cabs on their quarry loaders, right away they noticed productivity was up big time.

I sure as hell look forward to the long, boring and sometimes useless jobs with my 247, pilot controls, a suspension seat that actually works (despite my weight) awesome dealer installed radio and a chilly A/C all make for a wonderful time, my old T190, I couldn't wait for quitting time at the end of the day, chest pains from the "yankem" sticks, sore knees from the floor pedals, headaches from the excessive noise and loud radio (to drown out the hydraulic noise) and sore ass and balls from the bumpy ride and seat that never "suspends" and operator with my weight. Not too mention that every 100 hours I had to pop the cab and do a very thorough inspection of the "guts" to make sure there wasn't going to be a leak.

bobcat_ron
08-03-2008, 01:44 PM
that was mostly cuz the "drain holes" in the in front of the pedals! about the stupidest idea ever! why would you need drain holes in a machine with a cab? i can understand why they put those holes in the standard machine

Oh that's not where the dirt came from, it always came from the part of the chassis where your knees faced, there is a 1" gap there, and the spray foam I used kept breaking apart in there, not too mention the air filters from the cab always let the dust through.

Cat's have it good, there is a cover over the long wash out slot that bolts in place, those covers are there regardless of open or closed FOPS/ROPS.

Junior M
08-03-2008, 01:47 PM
oooooo i have looked at cabbed bobcat machines and never noticed it.. course i have never really looked at them...

bobcat_ron
08-03-2008, 01:53 PM
oooooo i have looked at cabbed bobcat machines and never noticed it.. course i have never really looked at them...

You know where the front tie down hook on the mid framed loaders are? Stick your hand on the black part of the frame and start moving it upwards, there is a second part of the chassis that meets there, that's the gap, it's huge! When you use the Boobcrap Rotary mower, that's where all the fine grass clippings will come in the cab and settle in the foot wells.

ksss
08-03-2008, 04:20 PM

Sounds "real" to me.

I think he is right. Although the CAT cab is no more comfortable than the Series 3 CASE cab, the ride is very nice in the CAT as is the quietness of the track system. I have run the TK, CAT, BC, Komatsu and CASE side by side in Arizona at the CASE proving grounds. Even in the B series the CAT track system is quiet and comfortable. It is obvious to see the advantage in comfort that no other system can compete with. That comes at a cost. That point has been beaten to death, I wont rehash it. There is a trade off, the smooth quiet ride is not a free ride.

The biggest point to make on the C series is this:
The CAT machines in the C series are only capable of the amount of work that they have been programed to allow. When I demoed the 256C this Spring, I was expecting a lot of performance. We get 110% out of our CASE skid steers. The CAT does not have ability to deliever the same level of performance that we are used to.

I will expound on the programming. These machines destroke the pump when pushed. Thats not bad thing, but when they are as weak as they are in engine torque your not able to extract anything out of the machine. You wont lug the engine. The wheel torque is low and highly managed by the machines pumps. The lift curcuit on the machine cant break the bucket out of a pile, you must back out out before it will lift. That is in pitrun, I will say that the bucket breakout was good, but the bucket was so small that it should have been good, had it been equipped with a larger bucket like on the CASE machines it may not have been so impressive. I had not thought to try that at the time.

The E/H controls are not duplicatable, they don't have the same response to imput everytime. Also they are slow to respond, again mine did not have AMICS but the basic system should be much better than it is. We had eventually just parked the 256C. I asked my help why were not using it since it was free. The response was "I needed to get something done". Enough said.

If your used to pushing your 450 than stepping into CAT C series will be a productivity backstep. Will it be more comfortable than your current machine, no doubt. Will it be more comfortable than a Series 3 machine? They will be very similiar. Minus the track differences. Ride control helps take some of the ride quality issues out of the solid suspended machines. The CAT tracks will always be more quiet.

If your working your 450 @ 75% of what it is capable of you can slide into C series and be very happy. CASE doesn't have the best angle on every aspect of their machines, no doubt about that. However CAT doesn't either (ask Yellowdog). They both have areas that they excell in and others they are lacking in. Your right on the service points on the 400 series. The fuel filter is a PINA. That is not a big to me, but it may be to others. The machine has 500 hour service intervals. If they were back to the 250 interval, I would have more of an issue. Productivity is a big thing for me, we move a lot of material with a skid steer, more than anyone else in this area without a doubt. If the CAT could out produce a CASE I would own them. There are CAT exclusive guys here that run CASE skid steers. It is the only piece of nonCAT equipment on their lot. If the machines were more powerful and less controlled they would have something, unfortunately they will only return the amount of work that is allowed in the programming of the machine. That programming is not enough to make it competative with CASE. So back to the CATs are not able to do real work comment. If your comparing similar machines from CAT and CASE, then the statement is true, comparatively they are not capable of the same amount of work. Demo them both in a demanding application and you will see for yourself. If your application is parking lot sweeping or something, than the performance advatages are not as noticeable.

ccstrebe
08-03-2008, 06:34 PM
It is obvious to see the advantage in comfort that no other system can compete with. That comes at a cost. That point has been beaten to death, I wont rehash it. There is a trade off, the smooth quiet ride is not a free ride.

I'm new to this forum and still learning about Cats. Could you point me to some of the threads that have been beating this point to death.

When I demoed the 256C this Spring, I was expecting a lot of performance. We get 110% out of our CASE skid steers. The CAT does not have ability to deliever the same level of performance that we are used to.

Is this your only experiance with Cat? I wonder if a 262 or 272 would have been a better machine to demo for your needs? I have owned three Case's and I kept having to go bigger to accomplish my needs.

The E/H controls are not duplicatable, they don't have the same response to imput everytime. Also they are slow to respond, again mine did not have AMICS but the basic system should be much better than it is.

The 297c that I demoed had the AMICS and I was quite impressed with all that it can do. I didn't notice any problems with the respond time, in fact I liked how you can control, depending on your task, how fast or slow the arms go up and down using the AMICS.

If your used to pushing your 450 than stepping into CAT C series will be a productivity backstep. If your working your 450 @ 75% of what it is capable of you can slide into C series and be very happy.

I am pushing my 450 hard, in fact that is one of my many complaints about the 450, it seems like I am constantly stalling the engine and it drives me up the wall. I see you have a 465, did you demo a 272c? How did they compare?

ksss
08-03-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm new to this forum and still learning about Cats. Could you point me to some of the threads that have been beating this point to death.

Search anything under suspended undercarriage, MTL, ASV there is volumes that have been written and discussed.

Is this your only experiance with Cat? I wonder if a 262 or 272 would have been a better machine to demo for your needs? I have owned three Case's and I kept having to go bigger to accomplish my needs.

I demoed the 256C because I am next to replace my 440. That was the machine I was comparing it to. The 465 will be around for a while yet. On paper the 256C should actually have out performed the 440 with more lift capacity with the counterweights which it did have.

The 297c that I demoed had the AMICS and I was quite impressed with all that it can do. I didn't notice any problems with the respond time, in fact I liked how you can control, depending on your task, how fast or slow the arms go up and down using the AMICS.

I am pushing my 450 hard, in fact that is one of my many complaints about the 450, it seems like I am constantly stalling the engine and it drives me up the wall. I see you have a 465, did you demo a 272c? How did they compare?

I don't have that issue with stalling, once in a while it may kill I chaulk that up to operator error, but I like being able to lug it down and still have the torque to fill the bucket or push the material. If you stalling continually you may have an issue with the machine or you need to adjust your operating style. The CAT anti-stall or anti-work mode may be fine for some I find that it gets in the way of being able to get the most out of the machine.

I have yet to run a 272C and I may when the time comes if CAT will provide one. A friend of mine who runs one of the CAT exclusive companies I mentioned above demoed one this year. They played with it and parked it. It sat for a week. His help did not like to run it and he was the only one that would. He pawned it off to some concrete guys to use. He runs 465's as well.

Have you demoed both Series 3 and the C models?

bobcat_ron
08-03-2008, 08:10 PM
You can "tease" the Cat anti-stall, I have stalled my machine once since buying it, it happened 2 weeks ago. You need to remember NOT to push the pilot control all the way forward when getting in to heavy pushing, pull back and listen for the droan of the motors and slowly build up from there.

ccstrebe
08-03-2008, 08:43 PM
I didn't demo the series 3, none around yet. Case would have to make major design changes for accessability before I would consider them again.

I wonder if the 272c that your buddy demoed had the option for the Case control pattern. If his guys are used to the Case control pattern then there is no way they would have liked it. In fact if Cat didn't offer that, then I probably wouldn't consider them, that's how much I like the Case pattern.

iron peddler
08-03-2008, 11:15 PM
i am no operator by any means but with a little thought most of my demos i can push ehough dirt to enter the cab area on an open rops machine...i haven't run the 3 series case, but torque is not the end all be all of machine performance......you are right to this day about eh controls, but they are easier to adjust than hyd. pilots, it may take a little tweaking but it will get there.....i will have to sit in a series 3 cab when it is 100 degrees to say if it is better than their current platform. but the case are still light years ahead of many companies when it comes to overall value, i never shy away from a Case trade, they are always good used property(except for the 60xt)

stuvecorp
08-04-2008, 12:00 AM
I think he is right. Although the CAT cab is no more comfortable than the Series 3 CASE cab, the ride is very nice in the CAT as is the quietness of the track system. I have run the TK, CAT, BC, Komatsu and CASE side by side in Arizona at the CASE proving grounds. Even in the B series the CAT track system is quiet and comfortable. It is obvious to see the advantage in comfort that no other system can compete with. That comes at a cost. That point has been beaten to death, I wont rehash it. There is a trade off, the smooth quiet ride is not a free ride.

The biggest point to make on the C series is this:
The CAT machines in the C series are only capable of the amount of work that they have been programed to allow. When I demoed the 256C this Spring, I was expecting a lot of performance. We get 110% out of our CASE skid steers. The CAT does not have ability to deliever the same level of performance that we are used to.

I will expound on the programming. These machines destroke the pump when pushed. Thats not bad thing, but when they are as weak as they are in engine torque your not able to extract anything out of the machine. You wont lug the engine. The wheel torque is low and highly managed by the machines pumps. The lift curcuit on the machine cant break the bucket out of a pile, you must back out out before it will lift. That is in pitrun, I will say that the bucket breakout was good, but the bucket was so small that it should have been good, had it been equipped with a larger bucket like on the CASE machines it may not have been so impressive. I had not thought to try that at the time.

The E/H controls are not duplicatable, they don't have the same response to imput everytime. Also they are slow to respond, again mine did not have AMICS but the basic system should be much better than it is. We had eventually just parked the 256C. I asked my help why were not using it since it was free. The response was "I needed to get something done". Enough said.

If your used to pushing your 450 than stepping into CAT C series will be a productivity backstep. Will it be more comfortable than your current machine, no doubt. Will it be more comfortable than a Series 3 machine? They will be very similiar. Minus the track differences. Ride control helps take some of the ride quality issues out of the solid suspended machines. The CAT tracks will always be more quiet.

If your working your 450 @ 75% of what it is capable of you can slide into C series and be very happy. CASE doesn't have the best angle on every aspect of their machines, no doubt about that. However CAT doesn't either (ask Yellowdog). They both have areas that they excell in and others they are lacking in. Your right on the service points on the 400 series. The fuel filter is a PINA. That is not a big to me, but it may be to others. The machine has 500 hour service intervals. If they were back to the 250 interval, I would have more of an issue. Productivity is a big thing for me, we move a lot of material with a skid steer, more than anyone else in this area without a doubt. If the CAT could out produce a CASE I would own them. There are CAT exclusive guys here that run CASE skid steers. It is the only piece of nonCAT equipment on their lot. If the machines were more powerful and less controlled they would have something, unfortunately they will only return the amount of work that is allowed in the programming of the machine. That programming is not enough to make it competative with CASE. So back to the CATs are not able to do real work comment. If your comparing similar machines from CAT and CASE, then the statement is true, comparatively they are not capable of the same amount of work. Demo them both in a demanding application and you will see for yourself. If your application is parking lot sweeping or something, than the performance advatages are not as noticeable.

I would bet that 95% of the skids out there are not being used to their full capacity. There is something about not going deaf or your back not getting messed up, the move to more comfort in the skids by all brands is welcomed. Shane is probably in the 1% group that uses the skid to the limit. I don't want this to seem like beat on Cat (or any other brand), for me personally I feel my performance with the Case can't be matched and my tan is real close to power tan now.:)

CC, you really have to try a Series 3 machine out. I got to play with a new 450 and it was fast on the controls(regular Case control not pilot), it seemed much quieter. I thought they(Case) improved greatly. What if you got a regular 450 and put the VTS on it? There seems to be a much better ride and if you have ride control that should help too.

stuvecorp
08-04-2008, 12:05 AM
i never shy away from a Case trade, they are always good used property(except for the 60xt)

I have noticed that the 1845c alot of times has better pricing than the XT series, I can't for the life of me understand that. I would not want a 1845 compared to a 70XT, never have run a 60XT so don't know about that,

YellowDogSVC
08-04-2008, 11:38 AM
You know where the front tie down hook on the mid framed loaders are? Stick your hand on the black part of the frame and start moving it upwards, there is a second part of the chassis that meets there, that's the gap, it's huge! When you use the Boobcrap Rotary mower, that's where all the fine grass clippings will come in the cab and settle in the foot wells.

exactly. What did you use to seal? I tried silicone with mixed results

bobcat_ron
08-04-2008, 11:41 AM
exactly. What did you use to seal? I tried silicone with mixed results

I used an expanding foam spray, but I had to keep re-applying it every month, it breaks down in high moisture and all the sand and mud that got packed in there, I was even going to go as far as jamming some plywood strips in there, but then it would have gone moudly.

YellowDogSVC
08-04-2008, 11:48 AM
If your working your 450 @ 75% of what it is capable of you can slide into C series and be very happy. CASE doesn't have the best angle on every aspect of their machines, no doubt about that. However CAT doesn't either (ask Yellowdog). They both have areas that they excell in and others they are lacking in.

KSSS makes another fine point and backs it up as well. Too bad we can't just make a hybrid then everyone would be happy.
As I stated before, I liked a lot of things about the CAT C series. There are things, though, that need to be addressed and to CAT's credit, they are working on some of those issues partly because of some of my input but since everyone has to keep working to make money, I couldn't wait around and that was a hard choice to make. Undoubtedly, the CAT machine is the most comfortable environment I have worked in. Even more so than my Bobcat Toolcat which is actually fun to use. But comfort isn't everything and a machine needs to be able to do what you want it to do. I don't push a lot of dirt so the CAT did fine with what I had to do. It seemed to have dig power but it has a little bucket compared to a Bobcat 74 inch CI tooth bucket.

If you want control, a CAT machine with Amics is a nice touch for grading ro digging but it can be frustrating to have to keep adjusting the speed and as someone pointed out, it isn't the same everytime. I also found, on occasion, severe lag between my hand movement and the machine's movement.

YellowDogSVC
08-04-2008, 11:51 AM
I used an expanding foam spray, but I had to keep re-applying it every month, it breaks down in high moisture and all the sand and mud that got packed in there, I was even going to go as far as jamming some plywood strips in there, but then it would have gone moudly.

I ripped out the foam from rear door on the Gold series machines and stuffed it into the crevices. I will probably try foam, too, in addition to silicone. I also thought about using the door rubber weather seal and then sealing over it. That gap and the horn are two entry areas. I remove the horn and replace it with a cap or just duct tape over it if I want to keep it.

Lots and lots of gaps to seal. I had hoped to get my new machine last friday so I could prep it all weekend. Takes hours to get it ready to mow especially with the dust around here. Been without a big machine for a month plus!

caterpillarkid
08-05-2008, 03:08 PM
I have demoed all of the c series CTL's and about every other brand of CTL ( John Deere, Taku, bobcat!) The local caterpillar dealer (Holt) just dropped of my new cat 277C loaded with a dirt bucket and 6 way dozer blade! After doing the proper break in, I put on the dirt bucket and started moving some dirt. Let me say that i have never been so impressed from the pushing power, breakout force, and comfort that the cat c series brings to the table. About a week ago i operated a JD 332 and was impressed with the power but it had some flaws such as cab design, track width, none pilot controls. The 277 really is the cadillac of CTl's but that's just my 2 cents.

ccstrebe
08-05-2008, 03:11 PM
I have demoed all of the c series CTL's and about every other brand of CTL ( John Deere, Taku, bobcat!) The local caterpillar dealer (Holt) just dropped of my new cat 277C loaded with a dirt bucket and 6 way dozer blade! After doing the proper break in, I put on the dirt bucket and started moving some dirt. Let me say that i have never been so impressed from the pushing power, breakout force, and comfort that the cat c series brings to the table. About a week ago i operated a JD 332 and was impressed with the power but it had some flaws such as cab design, track width, none pilot controls. The 277 really is the cadillac of CTl's but that's just my 2 cents.

I just ordered my 297c, I can't wait.

qps
08-05-2008, 04:04 PM
I'm going to demo a CASE Series III and put this to bed once and for all:laugh:

kreft
08-05-2008, 04:09 PM
Can you share some pics of your 297C QPS?

ccstrebe
08-05-2008, 04:15 PM

What do you mean by saying 'put to bed once and for all'? Put what to bed?

dozerman21
08-05-2008, 05:40 PM

You better make sure I'm there too so we can have an "accurate" comparison and analysis!:laugh:

We'll break out the 297C while we're at it... Let me put that Cadillac to work and see if she'll work like a HumVee.:weightlifter: Just make sure you put it on the "H" Pattern controls... otherwise it might get ugly!:dizzy:

YellowDogSVC
08-05-2008, 05:52 PM
About a week ago i operated a JD 332 and was impressed with the power but it had some flaws such as cab design, track width, none pilot controls. The 277 really is the cadillac of CTl's but that's just my 2 cents.

The 277c doesn't have pilot controls but rather E/H. I liked the E/H more than the B series pilots but I was coming from sticks and pedals.

caterpillarkid
08-06-2008, 12:35 AM
my bad E/H controls! anything beats the hell out of the foot/ stick controls in the jd 332 i demoed.

ksss
08-06-2008, 11:41 PM
You better make sure I'm there too so we can have an "accurate" comparison and analysis!:laugh:

We'll break out the 297C while we're at it... Let me put that Cadillac to work and see if she'll work like a HumVee.:weightlifter: Just make sure you put it on the "H" Pattern controls... otherwise it might get ugly!:dizzy:

Please Dozerman, I would appreciate your being present as well. Tell me when and where and I will have the event catered. Tim in a CASE is most monumental.

RockSet N' Grade
08-07-2008, 01:06 AM
QPS came out of hiding? Ksss catering an event? Wow, what is this world coming to?