PDA

View Full Version : type of controls


Mark B
07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Instead of me messing up Joeys thead "A Couple New Ways to Automate!"

What do you mostly install a photo cells, or timers? OR do you find yourself doing more swithes?

For me it is normally timers and photo cells. Now the stuff that on the other thread sounds really cool.

NightScenes
07-31-2008, 11:19 PM
I use the photo/timer for single transformer systems or sometimes I'll add a sequencer for an added transformer but if I have more than two transformers I'll go into a controlscape system.

TXNSLighting
07-31-2008, 11:42 PM
controlscape huh? i need to look into this. Gotta keep learning i guess

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-01-2008, 02:14 AM
Simply Automated and Pulseworks by PCS are other companies that make UPB controls. I love installing the UPB controls now and just include them as a standard component of all my new installations.

Eden Lights
08-01-2008, 03:35 PM
UPB on 80% of all jobs from 1 transformer to mid to high end installs with the remaining 20% being designed in or added to higher end automated systems: Crestron, Lutron, Vantage.

NightScenes
08-02-2008, 10:15 AM
We're using so much UPB now that I have a hard time keeping it in stock. Clients really like it when we tie in their existing lighting into the landscape lighting system.

irrig8r
08-02-2008, 12:12 PM
I haven't educated myself yet around UPB controls.

I have been installing the NS/ Aube astro timer on most jobs, but recently ran into one client who just wanted a photocell for dusk to dawn (simple enough) and another who asked me to switch out the NS astro for simple analogs in the three (of the seven TF on her property) just because that's what she's used to AND she wants the lights to come on up to an hour before sunset...

I guess I could figure out how to trick the NS/ Aube astro into thinking we were in a different location to make them come on earlier, but it didn't make sense to me... if she's happy fine tuning all her analog timers then all I can say is "whatever...."

The Aube holds time through a power outage just fine, and besides self-adjusting to daylight hours was one of the main reasons I started using it.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
08-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Gregg, you really need to order up some UPB stuff for your own home... try it there and you will be impressed. It is the bomb. And, it adds about 8 to 10% to the value of a system.... which is very good for business.