PDA

View Full Version : Go by label on rain?

Athletic field
08-01-2008, 12:06 AM
I'm going to spray Drive on a football field for crabgrass. Label says not to have irrigation for 24 hrs. There is a threat of rain coming the evening I want to spray. Just wondering if you follow this strictly, or if some of you found that it could be a shorter time frame before an irrigation event and have good control. The field has a severe case of crabgrass.

ICT Bill
08-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Its that time of year, especially if there are bare spots, they seem to populate it overnight

soil above 70??? crabgrass

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-01-2008, 12:41 AM
Its that time of year, especially if there are bare spots, they seem to populate it overnight

soil above 70??? crabgrass

Thanks, Mr. Obvious!;)

heritage
08-01-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm going to spray Drive on a football field for crabgrass. Label says not to have irrigation for 24 hrs. There is a threat of rain coming the evening I want to spray. Just wondering if you follow this strictly, or if some of you found that it could be a shorter time frame before an irrigation event and have good control. The field has a severe case of crabgrass.

AF,

IMO, I would NOT make the application unless the chance of rain is slim to none.

It is all of OUR responsibility to use Best Management Practices, when using Pesticides.

Don't chance wasting the app.

Do it correctly Every Time :)

Enjoy,

Pete

JDUtah
08-01-2008, 01:44 AM
AF,

IMO, I would NOT make the application unless the chance of rain is slim to none.

It is all of OUR responsibility to use Best Management Practices, when using Pesticides.

Don't chance wasting the app.

Do it correctly Every Time :)

Enjoy,

Pete

What he said...

mngrassguy
08-01-2008, 04:31 AM
Follow the label. Why take the chance of wasting the money? 48 hours is even better.

RigglePLC
08-01-2008, 08:26 AM
24 hours before irrigation--that is round numbers. A few hours of dry conditions should be fine. Crabgrass grows fast--you can't wait forever.