PDA

View Full Version : this looks pretty good for powertan!

Junior M
08-01-2008, 12:42 AM
look at this thing!! haha i found it on rons favorite website!! haha i thought it was pretty cool for a case!

kreft
08-01-2008, 01:22 AM
Must be pretty hot.

I hear Case makes the best backhoes.

coopers
08-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Yeah, here's more when it was in my State.

Guzman Properties
08-01-2008, 02:32 AM
I like the Eagle and the tinted windows, shouldn't be that hot with the a/c on.

Scag48
08-01-2008, 04:38 AM
After running new models from Cat, Deere, and Case, I liked Case the best with Case controls. The 416E had wobble sticks, which I don't care for. Even though they were in Cat pattern, wobble sticks are so unprecise. The Cat did have the nicest cab and the best loader control, IMO, the ergos were the best in Cat for sure. Deere 310J with joystick controls, pretty sure they were pilots and not E/H, but they lacked a lot of feel. The valving in the pilots needs some tweaking IMO. Could run the hoe balls out all day, but no resistance in the sticks at all. Deere cab was nice as well, A/C was ridiculously good. The 580M I liked the best, would like to run a SuperM with extendahoe for comparison. The Deere did have the best torque rise out of them all, you could almost idle through a pile when backfilling a trench. The Case felt like you had to wind that Cummins up to rocket ship status or she wouldn't get through the pile, even in first gear. However, I think Case builds a pretty decent hoe. I also spent some time on a 580L that nobody else liked, I loved it. It was broken in enough, had just enough pin and bushing wear to really sling the bucket into the trench. And that old Cummins gave hell when backfilling.

The 50th anniversary 580 is definately awesome, wish I could have seen it in person.

BIGBEN2004
08-01-2008, 05:40 AM
After running new models from Cat, Deere, and Case, I liked Case the best with Case controls. The 416E had wobble sticks, which I don't care for. Even though they were in Cat pattern, wobble sticks are so unprecise. The Cat did have the nicest cab and the best loader control, IMO, the ergos were the best in Cat for sure. Deere 310J with joystick controls, pretty sure they were pilots and not E/H, but they lacked a lot of feel. The valving in the pilots needs some tweaking IMO. Could run the hoe balls out all day, but no resistance in the sticks at all. Deere cab was nice as well, A/C was ridiculously good. The 580M I liked the best, would like to run a SuperM with extendahoe for comparison. The Deere did have the best torque rise out of them all, you could almost idle through a pile when backfilling a trench. The Case felt like you had to wind that Cummins up to rocket ship status or she wouldn't get through the pile, even in first gear. However, I think Case builds a pretty decent hoe. I also spent some time on a 580L that nobody else liked, I loved it. It was broken in enough, had just enough pin and bushing wear to really sling the bucket into the trench. And that old Cummins gave hell when backfilling.

The 50th anniversary 580 is definately awesome, wish I could have seen it in person.
One of the best things about Case is if you had taken all three out on the road. On the hills the Deere and Cat will slow down to a crawl where the Case will power up almost any hill with out slowing any. I have ran Cat 316's and Deere 310's that would slow down to the point I could have gotten out and jogged faster but every Case I have ever ran continues full speed up the hills.

Junior M
08-01-2008, 07:02 AM
i run a 430d cat backhoe at work sometimes..and i love the cab and the a/c works great but like you said scag the loader controls have no feeling.. you kinda have to go off of what view you had and that was of the corner of the bucket kinda like a dozer.. but it had pilot controls on the backhoe itself and they seem kinda slow to respond i dont know why they just seem that way, IMO but the only other backhoe i have been on is a deere and it was just a plain jane one with no cab and i really liked the loader control on it though.. they seemed like you could actually feel what the loader was doin..

oakhillslandscaping
08-01-2008, 09:15 AM
i run a 430d cat backhoe at work sometimes..and i love the cab and the a/c works great but like you said scag the loader controls have no feeling.. you kinda have to go off of what view you had and that was of the corner of the bucket kinda like a dozer.. but it had pilot controls on the backhoe itself and they seem kinda slow to respond i dont know why they just seem that way, IMO but the only other backhoe i have been on is a deere and it was just a plain jane one with no cab and i really liked the loader control on it though.. they seemed like you could actually feel what the loader was doin..

the NH loader backhoe has a good loader control and the pilots on the hoe are also very responsive however im not a fan of the auto level which is in almost every LB from any make now a days but the view from the cab of a NH is not that good cat and case have better views in my opinion but that is a sweet lookin case

Junior M
08-01-2008, 01:39 PM
what do you mean auto level? not quite sure what you mean?

kreft
08-01-2008, 01:45 PM
Can you purchase that model?

KrayzKajun
08-01-2008, 01:46 PM
I wouldnt want to get it dirty!!!

oakhillslandscaping
08-01-2008, 02:05 PM
when you raise the loader bucket the bucket stays level but as you get higher it just ends up dumping out material which is why i find it a pain

Junior M
08-01-2008, 02:30 PM
oooo i have never heard it called that... i hate it to....

i think something is wrong with our backhoe at work.. when the loader is around face level and you start to move forward it starts to dump and you have to pull hard on the control to get back to normal... what would be causing that? or is it just the auto level?

Gravel Rat
08-01-2008, 03:19 PM
One of the contractors in the area has a new 590 4x4 he loves the new excavator pilot controls. Backhoe work is a niche market now and you need to be a good operator. You definatly don't jump on a backhoe and expect to operate as easy as a excavator.

I have operated JCB the most and had some time in a Case I can say Case wins hands down for a better machine.

oakhillslandscaping
08-01-2008, 08:25 PM
oooo i have never heard it called that... i hate it to....

i think something is wrong with our backhoe at work.. when the loader is around face level and you start to move forward it starts to dump and you have to pull hard on the control to get back to normal... what would be causing that? or is it just the auto level?

yeah thats the auto level its no fun the machine i first learned how to operate ( 1987 ford 550 LB) didnt have auto level and i just got a better response from it oh well such is life

NateV
08-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Its a nice machine to look at but i sure wouldnt want it. I mean unless i hit the powerball and buy it just to wax and shine it and drive it in local parades lol. But i like to keep our equipment clean and i try to wash them once a week if there back at the shop and i would have a nightmear with this one.

coopers
08-01-2008, 10:43 PM
This is what the winner of Case's backhoe rodeo competition won. Don't know the guys name but the finals were in NV and he won this hoe. I sure wouldn't want to get it dirty. So to answer Kreft's question, not it's not a model you can get. It is valued at $110,000 I believe. I absolutely hate pilot controls. I was so ticked off a couple months ago when I got a 580 with them. I forgot to tell the rental place I wanted case controls. I just used the mini for most of the work for other reasons but wasn't too happy with having to use the hoe with the pilot controls.

NateV
08-01-2008, 11:01 PM
This is what the winner of Case's backhoe rodeo competition won. Don't know the guys name but the finals were in NV and he won this hoe. I sure wouldn't want to get it dirty. So to answer Kreft's question, not it's not a model you can get. It is valued at $110,000 I believe. I absolutely hate pilot controls. I was so ticked off a couple months ago when I got a 580 with them. I forgot to tell the rental place I wanted case controls. I just used the mini for most of the work for other reasons but wasn't too happy with having to use the hoe with the pilot controls.

Did the winner get a black one? I thought it was just a tan one, i could be wrong tho. and for some reason i think $120k sticks out in my head as the price. Also i belive that the black ones were also for sale as a limitied edition. And i agree with you 100% on the pilots. We have a SM with pilots and me and my dad hate it. He didnt demo one before we bought it, just figured it would be like the excavator. We might end up going back to the 4 stick next yr when our salesman says the next model will be out.

Gravel Rat
08-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Thats surprising you guys hate the pilot controls. The guy I mentioned has been running Case backhoes for 25 years plus never ran anything else but Case. He has taken Backhoes places that most people wouldn't dare go.

coopers
08-02-2008, 02:40 AM
Yeah I grew up on Case controls, don't have 25 years under my belt yet but I just don't like pilot controls at all. It feels way too weird to me, not for me. The controls didn't handle the boom like an excavator set up does so....

Nate, it may be 120 instead of 110. I thought that the winner got the black backhoe (only one, no other limited additions) because they said the price of the prize was 120 or 110...

ksss
08-02-2008, 12:55 PM
The backhoes winner won a new back hoe but it was not the black one. CASE is keeping that from what I understand. It will likely end up at Tomahawk as a display model is my thoughts.

coopers
08-02-2008, 02:45 PM
The backhoes winner won a new back hoe but it was not the black one. CASE is keeping that from what I understand. It will likely end up at Tomahawk as a display model is my thoughts.

Oh okay, couldn't remember what the prize was. New backhoe black or orange is a good deal!