PDA

View Full Version : XMark Lazer Z SAFETY ISSUE

lubricity
08-01-2008, 01:48 PM
We just bought one. less than 2 months old. This mower is a death trap. It slides while turning on the level. On a 5-10% grade it goes into a spin. It is one badly engineered mower. The new John Deere is just like it. I think they are built at the same factory. The decks are offset and do not provide enough weight on the drive wheels. The wheels already put marks in the lawn. If we weight them it will make more marks. Just a heads up if you are thinking about buying one. I just got off the phone with the factory. He laughed. Arrogance of the manufacturer.

doubleedge
08-01-2008, 02:28 PM
That is the way all zero turn mowers are. You will learn not to tear up turf as you use it more.

lubricity
08-01-2008, 02:38 PM
we have 15 mowers and have been cutting for 17 years. No mower has acted like this one.

rotgg
08-01-2008, 04:48 PM
i bet its a 50" triton

mybowtie
08-01-2008, 05:33 PM
My 60" is fine..almost 5 yrs old and it still runs good......:usflag:

mainstreet1984
08-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I am very pleased with my 60" AS it's been 5 month and almost 200hr on it and no problems like this... maybe you have to learn how to drive it?

davidcalhoun
08-01-2008, 05:58 PM
What have you been mowing with?

Sounds like you might need to decrease your speed before each turn if you are not use to twin levers on a mid-mount ZTR.

MAD87
08-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Just takes some getting used to. Any brand zero turn is gonna slide if you are inexperienced with a Z, not just Exmark.

JosephLawnCare
08-01-2008, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=lubricity;2446022 Arrogance of the manufacturer.[/QUOTE]

He should have said "Sounds like you have no experience."

South Florida Lawns
08-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Yeah they aren't like a lawn tractor, slow and can take a 90% slope. Z's are kinda weird on slopes and hills. it does take some getting used to. And since its hydro driven it only takes a bump of the controls to spin the tires and lose traction. There are times where my Toro z-master pisses me off cuz it won't hold a line on a slope or back up a hill without leaving burn marks in the grass. I have a bunch of seat time but you know what I think I still can improve and learn different techniques with my machine. Good luck with your lazer. They are an awesome machine and I think you will soon love it and the quality it delivers.

jkilov
08-01-2008, 06:40 PM
we have 15 mowers and have been cutting for 17 years. No mower has acted like this one.
The controls could be just more sensitive on this one than other units you own. It's much better to slide on a slope than topple over.

Check the tire pressure just to make sure it's not causing the problem.

Backhoe Man
08-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Sounds like your first ztr. Brian///////

lubricity
08-02-2008, 07:04 AM
You guys don't read. We have been using zero turns for 15 years. And yes they have levers. Since it is less than two months old. It is perfect condition. Obviously you guys that think it is great haven't been cutting long. Jump on a tiger, dixie chopper, or walker. Then you can experience what a zero turn should do.
And don't get me wrong we have an Xmark walk behind that is a great machine. I'm not bashing the manufacturer, just the design of this particular machine.

davidcalhoun
08-02-2008, 10:28 AM
Do yourself a favor and re-read your earlier post. You never said what kind of equipment that you had been using for the previous 15 (or 17) years. THIS IS WHY WE QUESTIONED IT.

Please list the equipment you have been using so we can fairly access this without offending you.

If you have only been using a frontmount deck style ZTR, the midmount deck style ZTR will handle differently.

MAD87
08-02-2008, 11:28 AM
You guys don't read. We have been using zero turns for 15 years. And yes they have levers. Since it is less than two months old. It is perfect condition. Obviously you guys that think it is great haven't been cutting long. Jump on a tiger, dixie chopper, or walker. Then you can experience what a zero turn should do.
And don't get me wrong we have an Xmark walk behind that is a great machine. I'm not bashing the manufacturer, just the design of this particular machine.

Like I said, it takes getting used to. When I first got my Exmark, it would slide with me. But, since I've gotten used to it I have no problems.

And, if you have had so much success with Scag, Dixie Chopper, and walker... why didn't you stick with them?

lubricity
08-03-2008, 08:25 AM
One can not stay stagnet, you need to have the best equipment for the job. So staying brand loyal could pentalize your business.

sawman65
08-03-2008, 08:52 AM
i have owned both the dixie and the EXmark the exmark wins hands down in the hill mowing dept. and here in east TN. we got hills.

muxx
08-03-2008, 08:53 AM
That's strange, I have been running exmark for 20+ years and never experienced that. I bought a Dixie last spring and sold it in the fall. You talk about light on the drive tires. I talked to the dealer I bought it from and he thought the same way, we were going to make rear wheel weights for it. I wouldn't take near the slope that an exmark would.

lubricity
08-03-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm glad that we are discussing this. So far the scag tiger is our best zero that tracts on all hills and deosn't slide on the level.

WildLake
08-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Try sliding the seat all the way back and adjusting the levers so that its comfortable to ride this way. Moving your weight back 5 or 6 inches can make a substantial difference.