PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Specialties Utility Body

lawnspecialties
08-01-2008, 05:00 PM
My fellow member, cutbetterthatyou and I have become instant fans of service body trucks. I only post these to show others just how awesome these trucks are for lawn maintenance. I've always tried to stay organized but this is just too cool. I bought her three weeks ago from a guy in northern Va.

She's an '04 4X4 with the 5.4. She doesn't pull anything like the power stroke but I still think she's great. I'm only getting around 8-9 mpg pulling the Gravelys around town but that's OK.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/lawnspecialties/HousePics009-1.jpg

Driver's side:
Compartment 1: oil, tools, edger blades, trash bags, bug spray, sun screen, WD-40 and other everyday items.
Compartment 2: mower blades and belts, miscellaneous nuts and bolts, grease gun, and other maintenance items.
Compartment 3: Pesticides

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/lawnspecialties/HousePics010-1.jpg

Passenger side:
Compartment 4: tow chains and straps, bungies and tie downs, fire extinguisher.
Compartment 5: Hedge trimmers, chain saw, and bolt cutters (these stay locked at all times).
Compartment 6: Irrigation repair and other miscellaneous spray chemicals

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/lawnspecialties/HousePics011.jpg

I'll never go without another truck like this as long as I'm in lawn maintenance.:)

Red_Rattler
08-01-2008, 05:19 PM
That is a sharp set-up! Nice looking rig for sure.

N&CLandscaping
08-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Jw... But where do you put clippings and other debris after a job? Is that your only truck?

JosephLawnCare
08-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Get rid of the WD-40 and start using fluid film. Do it now. Nice truck btw.

lawnspecialties
08-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Jw... But where do you put clippings and other debris after a job? Is that your only truck?

We rarely bag down here. Wide dispersal out the discharge is good enough for me and my customers. I have an '05 crew cab Lariat 4X4 with the 6.0L that gets to stay at home most of the time now. I'll still use it for pulling the tractor around and other larger jobs. It sure is nice getting that one clean and having it stay clean more than one day.

Get rid of the WD-40 and start using fluid film. Do it now. Nice truck btw.

I knew when I put that in, someone would chime in about Fluid Film. :laugh:

cutbetterthanyou
08-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Nice truck i really like the long compartment on the pass side it would be perfect for your trimmers as well

oakhillslandscaping
08-01-2008, 08:27 PM
i want to do that to my ford but its a short bed and i cant find a used utility body anywhere awsome looking rig there man im extremely jealous

Diamond Dave
08-01-2008, 08:34 PM
That is nice. I would have never thought of using a utility body for a lawn maintenance rig.

N&CLandscaping
08-01-2008, 08:45 PM
O okay I was jw... Didn't know you had a second truck. Anyway I do like your set up with the Utility Body

KrayzKajun
08-07-2008, 09:57 PM
i love the utility body!

NOOB
08-07-2008, 10:48 PM
now just weld on a grill

cutbetterthanyou
08-08-2008, 05:16 PM
I had actually though about getting a power converter and microwave or toaster oven in one of the boxes it would save on eating out or eating cold sandwichs all the time. Just need to find out more about the power converter first and if it would work

DoetschOutdoor
08-08-2008, 06:42 PM
I am going to be getting a dedicated work truck next spring and I really wanna go with something like that. Its nice to have a loaded toolbox in my enclosed trailer but it just takes up space and would be really convenient having it right there to grab. My worry at first was about these little 1-3 yard mulch jobs where I use the truck bed but with the utility body, it almost looks like you could pile the mulch in there higher...

Looks really good lawnspecialties!

cutbetterthanyou
08-08-2008, 08:04 PM
I am going to be getting a dedicated work truck next spring and I really wanna go with something like that. Its nice to have a loaded toolbox in my enclosed trailer but it just takes up space and would be really convenient having it right there to grab. My worry at first was about these little 1-3 yard mulch jobs where I use the truck bed but with the utility body, it almost looks like you could pile the mulch in there higher...

Looks really good lawnspecialties!

i measured mine the other day it is 4 feet buy 9 feet i think it would be perfect for 1-3 yards. if it didn't work out you could always buy a dump tralier and have the boxes for tools and the bed for larger things like wheel barrels.
The other thing i thought about with mine is getting rid of my 52inch lazer with the bagger and getting the 48 inch walker and building a ramp to put it in the back of the truck then my 72 on a trailer for a shorter rig and gas mileage.

jaybird24
08-08-2008, 08:44 PM
I had one about 12 years ago and it was great. It died one day and I needed a truck so I didn't have time to look for a service body. Until I saw these pictures I forgot how great it was for maintenance. Thanks for jogging my memory, we need a new truck for the lawn end, now I know what we will be getting. I can't tell you how many toolboxes, racks, and other stuff I have used over time that this truck already has built in and never needs to be unloaded.

Cooter
08-11-2008, 04:21 AM
Nice truck. Nice way of keeping all tools and etc. with you and handy at all times. Plus easy to lock and nobody can see what you are carrying.