PDA

View Full Version : Soluble Slow Released Nitrogen

RAlmaroad
08-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Has anyone tried the Nitamin slow released soluble Nitrogen. Here's a link:http://www.gp.com/plantnutrition/product.aspx?pid=6420
I'm thinking that it would be a plus for late summer and early autumn turf fertilizer, when temp can get over 90 in the southeast and stay there for months. We may not be able to obtain it in the south but would like to know if any other similiar product is available and where. Thanks for Any comments.
Roy

ted putnam
08-02-2008, 12:42 AM
Looks like you'd have to contact Georgia Pacific directly or Wilbur-Ellis and it looks like most states would have to have it shipped. Wonder what the cost is? I used Uflexx this last spring and was considering it for late summer/early fall.

CHARLES CUE
08-02-2008, 06:28 PM
Has anyone tried the Nitamin slow released soluble Nitrogen. Here's a link:http://www.gp.com/plantnutrition/product.aspx?pid=6420
I'm thinking that it would be a plus for late summer and early autumn turf fertilizer, when temp can get over 90 in the southeast and stay there for months. We may not be able to obtain it in the south but would like to know if any other similiar product is available and where. Thanks for Any comments.
Roy

Roy we use a 28-0-0 that is a liquid slow release
pm me for more info
Charles Cue

greendoctor
08-03-2008, 03:34 AM
This is something like what my UAP brings in for me. I use a 28-0-0 urea-triazone liquid that is 70% slow release. I am getting up to 45 days of response by substituting half of my normal rate of 46-0-0 with the equivalent amount of 28-0-0. I am also able to push up to 1 lb N without causing surge growth or burning the grass. Of course, if I overdo it, it is no better than the 11/2-2 lbs of N the "landscapers" dump on a lawn thinking they are going to get it greener than me. I say this because one client has a "landscaper" who got upset that I was making him look bad, so the lawn got a heap of 24-2-10 granules.