PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Rack vs. Jungle Jim's

freshprince94
08-01-2008, 06:55 PM
I am planning on buying a new trimmer rack and have narrowed it down to either the Xtreme Rack or Jugnle Jim's rack. Both would be the three position model. All help is appreciated.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Bumping for you sir, I am interested in this topic too:)

Happy Frog
08-02-2008, 01:29 AM
I have the Xtreme racks and I like them.
Easy to use and very secure. The down side is that you need to get those aluminum blocks on all your hand held equipment.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Mr Frog:
How do the racks attach to an open trailer, just bolted on with lock washers? (assuming angle iron top rail) Wouldn't the racks have some sway? Do yours sway or are they solid?

vanderbilt
08-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Just ordered the extreme racks for my new inclosed trailor.After about 2 months, I could'nt be happier. The trimmers themselves act as a brace for the top of the rack. Very ridgid. The aluminum blocks weight next to nothing and even act as a handhold when edging. MHO

ALC-GregH
08-02-2008, 02:02 AM
I mounted mine Extreme rack to the top and bottom on the inside at the front.
It's not a good pic of it. The top of the rack is next to the black strip above the license plate on the truck. It's hard to make it out good with the shadow from the rear wiper. It's solid on the trailer and it doesn't move at all. I cut and welded the brackets that came with the rack to the top part of the trailer then bolted it on top and bottom.
http://momentoffame.com/photopost/data/501/medium/Dscn2731.jpg

MortonLawn
08-02-2008, 02:02 AM
Greentouch racks for enclosed trailer, can't go wrong.*trucewhiteflag*

hackitdown
08-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I have 2 Jungle Jims single trimmer racks on my open trailer. One on each side. One for me, one for the helper...and there is always a trimmer available, no matter how the truck is parked.

I love those racks. Super fast and easy. The trimmers seem very secure and out of the way. The racks are really well made, with good paint. They bolt right through the top rail of the trailer, and are very strong. I had to drill holes for the bolts, which was pretty easy. I use them to fuel the trimmers, and for reloading string.

I am going to get a JJ blower rack soon.

T.E.
08-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I've had several if you want the best...go with the extreme.

bobcatnj
08-02-2008, 03:52 PM
i use products from snaprack.com. works awesome for enclosed trailer

freshprince94
08-07-2008, 06:33 PM
OK, I re-narrowed it down to Trimmer Trap and Jungle Jim's. Would a TT dealer install the racks for me? I am lazy lol:hammerhead:

create_username
08-08-2008, 03:04 PM
I've had several if you want the best...go with the extreme.

I started with the JJ's and now have the Xtremes. Xtremes are the best on the market period. No comparison.

slawn
08-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Xtreme the best imo. I've been using them for a little over a year now, love them. No roll what so ever, never had a trimmer damaged with them. :clapping:

ALC-GregH
08-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Xtreme the best imo. I've been using them for a little over a year now, love them. No roll what so ever, never had a trimmer damaged with them. :clapping:

and you probably never will! They are that good.

grntmbfisher
08-09-2008, 08:16 PM
The extreme rack works great. Equipment doesn't roll around and it would be a lot harder for someone to steal your trimmer off one of these compared to one with a padlock. If you don't have flat rails on your trailer you can use the enclosed mounting brackets and mount it onto the support bars on the side.

jsaunders
09-08-2008, 09:43 AM

X2

My trimmer trap broke in half while driving down the road;):angry: I was very lucky I didn't have any trimmers in it at the time.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
09-08-2008, 10:43 AM
OK, I re-narrowed it down to Trimmer Trap and Jungle Jim's. Would a TT dealer install the racks for me? I am lazy lol:hammerhead:

How come you eliminated Xtreme racks? They seem to be getting the most props on this thread.

skennedy04
09-08-2008, 10:59 AM
Xtreme All The Way

subs1000w
09-08-2008, 12:56 PM
i also have extreme 3 trimmer rack as well as the trimmer line rack and i really like both the only complaint is the mounting on the top rail left mine alittle to flimsy for my liking i see them sway as im driving down the road about 6in back and forth and also when you go to install them definitly dont use the self taping screws prvided use the bolts and locknuts i was in a hurry and used the self tappers and they broke/loosened up really fast just do it right the 1st time

grntmbfisher
09-08-2008, 02:36 PM
I love my extreme rack, no problems with it at all. I just felt I should throw this out there: Don't leave heavy gearbox attachments such as a rototiller on your trimmers while in the rack. I was pretty tired after a finished up a foundation planting earlier this summer and decided not to put my trimmer head back on and had to drive down a fairly bumpy road. Well I ended up bending my trimmer pretty bad which is solid steel and finally the other day it snapped in two while on my mowing route.

pj550v12
09-15-2008, 11:49 PM
Where did you guys buy the xtreme racks, there is no option on the website

grntmbfisher
09-16-2008, 08:06 AM
There's an ad for them on the leftside of the screen. Here's the link anyway: http://www.trailerracks.com/XA102.html