PDA

View Full Version : ZTR best small size for the $

Jeffsun21
08-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Bobcat Fast cat, Hustler Fast trak or what ,who has the best small ZTR 36''-42" for the buck ? ,Bob cat has a good bagging system ,Using lawn tractor now cub 42'' and 54'' only good thing about them is the added Big League stripe kit. Partial to heavy guage decks .

Rons Rightway Lawncare
08-01-2008, 11:44 PM
My local dealer has a few of these http://www.yazookees.com/node1269.asp look for the ZEKH42200 under ZTR's, esteem series

for 3000$ brand new. I bought the same mower but with orange paint and husquevarna logos on it for 4000$ in 2006 and haven't had the first problem with it. Great cut and beats the hell outta using a walkbehind!

bluetick
08-02-2008, 12:28 AM
All I can talk about first hand is the mini Fast Track. I have one,42'", with about 350 hours. It has been a good mower. I well say that I have had two pulleys "strip" out since I have owned it. They where both on the same side (discharge side). It may have something to do with the super duper high lift blade used for the bagging system. I was told or read on here or something that Hustler knew they had a problem with some of the earlier Fast Tracks regarding their spindle/pulley, that they since have fixed. As far as the 16 hp Honda and quality of cut it has been great. I will also say if you plan on using it for a lot of bagging their set up for the Mini Fast Tracks leaves something to be desired. It works but if you plan on using it for fall clean ups look for something with a deck driven vacuum. That probably goes for any mower that uses just a blade to push debris up the chute into the bags. All in all it has been a very good mower for me and has served me well.