PDA

View Full Version : Well its been two weeks

CCS
08-01-2008, 08:47 PM
At looking at mowers and reading on this forum ,and one thing that has really stuck out from what you guys said is really true.
The dealer is a big part of the picture.

For instance went in last week just to look at the snapper mowers ,and nobody seemed to care if I was even breathing or not.Looked at mowers for about 10 minutes ,outside and in .I was looking behind them up under um and no service at all.
Went today and looked at the bobcat mowers.Really liked them but again
sat on um looked them over for 15 minutes even went in and stood at the counter and no service what soever.

Went to the gravely dealership and he came out not two minutes after I get there.Answered every question I asked and then some.Talked for over 45 minutes.
Have also been to two hustler places and they were very helpful.Went to a huskyvarner dealership and the guy there couldn't answer nothing.

Gravely is really high on the list right now ,because after talking with him ,I think buying from him,if there are problems he would bend over backwards to help solve any problems I have.

capetrees
08-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Love my Scag. Gravely was kinda pricey for me. Service is always a great thing but like i always say, if its a quality machine, it shouldn't need service. The service should be there years after you bought it.

CCS
08-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Went by the scag place today.Didn't have time to stop.Will go by there next friday.
On the gravely,I looked at the 34 inch cut and it was 5400.00.
I know the look on my face had to have been priceless.:laugh:

TJLANDS
08-01-2008, 11:06 PM
There are alot of bigger mowers that you could get for a better price than that. 5400 for a 34, sounds way to high.
What are you looking at, walk behinds?

CCS
08-01-2008, 11:55 PM
it was the rider.I have a three acre cemetary aand am not to far from 50.I really don't want to use a walker.

Would like a rider in the 36 to 42 inch range.