PDA

View Full Version : GPS and driver monitoring

tthomass
08-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Anyone ever used something like this or worked for a company that did? For obvious reasons, I'm interested. I want to know if say three times a week the driver is having to get on the brakes hard to stop, speeding etc.

http://www.gpsteentracking.com/

tthomass
08-02-2008, 12:12 AM
http://www.davisnet.com/drive/products/drive_product.asp?pnum=08226

doubleedge
08-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Im not sure how helpful this would be, but I think it would useful to have a gps unit in every truck that recorded everywehre that your employees went. This would allow you to make sure they aren't making any unautorized stops, and wasting time.

Markf
08-02-2008, 02:10 PM
You may also be able to receive a reduction on your vehicle insurance. Check with your agent.
Mark

howierd3866
08-02-2008, 03:14 PM
we used the Fleet Hawk...works well you can sit in front of any computer log on and watch where truck or machine is how fast how long it been there etc. So gps will let you know when the truck or machine is turn on or off. So if it stolen it will beep you and let you know it is moving outside of it circle. Plus cops can locate it better than the lodjack system.There many company out there they run app. $300. and up for the box per machine plus $25.00 a month to montor it.

topsites
08-03-2008, 12:20 PM
No but I am sure that if it's not happening already it is possible one day the police can monitor any car with a gps in use, might even get a ticket not even know it.

howierd3866
08-03-2008, 01:40 PM
the gps I'm talking about is like other fleet gps. Police has lap top in there call so all they need to find anything that are stolen is for you to keep them a password and they can catch it asap. where as a lodjack cop must have a special laptop just for lodjack which most don't

doubleedge
08-04-2008, 01:24 AM
No but I am sure that if it's not happening already it is possible one day the police can monitor any car with a gps in use, might even get a ticket not even know it.

I am almost positive this is illegal.

tthomass
08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
i like the Hawk system.......little pricey but piece of mind and employee's, even though trusted, will know in the back of their head that big brother is watching and can be directly related to bonuses etc

Markf
08-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites

I am almost positive this is illegal.

Double,
You are correct. If you recall, several car rental agencies had a tracking system in their cars. Renters who sped received surcharges on their bill after they dropped the car off. If I am not mistaken, this case made its way to the US Supreme Court, where it was adjudicated unconstitutional.
Mark

tthomass
08-08-2008, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsites

Double,
You are correct. If you recall, several car rental agencies had a tracking system in their cars. Renters who sped received surcharges on their bill after they dropped the car off. If I am not mistaken, this case made its way to the US Supreme Court, where it was adjudicated unconstitutional.
Mark

No ticket here.......just fired.