PDA

View Full Version : do you replace sprinklers?

turbo5560
08-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Q: if you were taking care of a property, strictly mowing and trimming, and over the season you break a few sprinkler heads, lets say less then 4 on a one acre property would you fix them on your own dime or is that something that should be charged to the owner for normal wear and tear?
and don't say what ever is in the contract....

punt66
08-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Q: if you were taking care of a property, strictly mowing and trimming, and over the season you break a few sprinkler heads, lets say less then 4 on a one acre property would you fix them on your own dime or is that something that should be charged to the owner for normal wear and tear?
and don't say what ever is in the contract....
f threads on that, do a search

Lots o

shane mapes
08-02-2008, 05:16 PM
anything me or my guys break we fix at no cost to the customer.its part of being in bus.

freedm2
08-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Your joking right? Maybe you shouldn't be in business. People like you...

If you had a painter come into your house and they knocked over a can of paint on the carpet, who should pay? Let me guess, the homeowner.

Jason Rose
08-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I agree, this is something that's been hashed out to death on here.

My feelings: If it's a properly installed and working head, meaning it's not stuck in the up posistion all the time, and you somehow break it, yes you should replace it. Do replace it with a good professional grade head though, don't pick up some 99 cent POS and slap in there.

Now, if the sprinkler is always stuck up, or if it's sitting above grade and it gets broke, well then that's your call. Technically, if it's not retracting it's already broken, though sometimes they can be lubed up and made to work. And if it's setting too high it should have been lowered.

Armadillolawncare
08-02-2008, 06:32 PM
you break you fix. Honestly I think a lot of folks on here probably carry some spare parts and fix them on the spot when they break them. I have a tool box dedicated to this that has a few rotors, spray heads and some pvc parts and glue. Most things I can repair onthe spot if needed.

turbo5560
08-02-2008, 07:01 PM
i don't have an opinion on it, i was just wondering what other people do. i typically do replace them

Shuter
08-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Any damage done by the company and/or my employees are repaired by the company. Sometimes the customer does not even know.

Keith
08-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Carry a couple of each brand and model that are commonly found in your area. Just use your head. If it's a good customer paying you a couple hundred a month, just replace it. You are looking at $10-15 in parts for a lawn that it is paying you a couple grand a year. If they are not a great customer, replace it anyway. Let them know that you had to replace it. If they have a lawn full of heads that don't retract, make them aware of the problem and that you can't be responsible for damage to them in the future.