PDA

View Full Version : Tracking through neighbors yards.

PerfiCut L&L
08-02-2008, 06:03 PM
We have a patio project which provides an access problem. On one side of the house there is only about an 8' setback from the property line. 4' of that is consumed by the AC units. The front is blocked by telephone and cable boxes, so this side is out of the question, unless we intrude on the nighbors property. The other side has the same setback except there is about a 20 degree slope prohibiting the use of any machinery.

The plan, hopefuly is that the nieghbor will allow us acces through their yard, and in return of course we will repair and replace all damaged areas with sod.

I have not spoken with that homeowner yet but plan to tomorrow.

Just wondering what others experience is with this type of situation.

We will have about 30Tons of fill, and 17 Pallets of wall and paver stones to move to the back yard. Heck it will take 3 days just to shuttle it by wheel barrow if thats what we have to do.

You thoughts? suggestions?

JohnnyRoyale
08-02-2008, 06:17 PM
If the neighbour says no, you can you rent a conveyor for the blocks, and a motorized buggy (Yanmar makes one) for the material. If all else fails, call Labour Ready and support someones crack addiction.

PerfiCut L&L
08-02-2008, 06:21 PM
If the neighbour says no, you can you rent a conveyor for the blocks, and a motorized buggy (Yanmar makes one) for the material. If all else fails, call Labour Ready and support someones crack addiction.

This sounds like a great idea. What sort of lengths and costs are we looking for something like this?

JohnnyRoyale
08-02-2008, 06:24 PM
The buggies are $150 or so a day. The conveyors vary. Call a large rental company (United Rentals), they'll know what you need.

PerfiCut L&L
08-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Ill check united, there right down the street. I found SunBelt rentals, looks like a 20'er 20"wide runs about 100 a day. Would probably need 3.

The buggies wont work unless we get access to the neighbors yard. If thats the case, we have a dingo slated for the week so we'll be ok there.

DVS Hardscaper
08-02-2008, 07:05 PM
There have been times where we have had to traverse on adjoining properties.

Usually, what I do is I have the adjoining neighbors sign a form stating that they authorize us to traverse on their property, and that they're aware that damages to the turf will be inflicted, and the form states that we will grade and seed or sod their turf and that the CLIENT will be responsible watering.

Being you're in MD, depending on the height of the dwelling - there is a company called 'STONE SHOOTERS' that may be able to conveyor the fill material OVER the roof.
Google their name. I think they're out of Woodbine, but not certain on that.

ANC Stone Creations
08-03-2008, 08:33 PM
Local crane services are another way to not have to deal with the neighbors.
You can have them put a machine back there for you, and also have them crane materials in a bin.
They work pretty quickly.

Last time I used a crane service it was only a few hundred bucks.
Call some local companies and tell them what you need, they should be able to give you a rough idea.

ANC Stone Creations
08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
By the time you figure the time and potential problems with the neighbors.

Remeber your name is on the line.
Besides, when everyone see the crane, they will know that nothing will slow you down not even access lol

ANC Stone Creations
08-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Sorry remember

LB1234
08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
We did a backyard landscape like where they are completely landlocked. Only access to the backyard is through the house (row home) or underneath it via an ally. WE got permission from the homeowners (neighbors) to take down two sections of fence and utilize their stone parking pad for out material handling and access point. We built a bridge out of 6x6s and plywood so as to minimize the damage to two small landscape beds and grass. We did a temporary transplany on some perennials.

Nicest part about it they went on a two week vacation and we did the work around then. As a thank you we "restoned" there driveway for them. they came back and were estatic. So it can be done. Just be careful of liablity and responsibilities.

tthomass
08-04-2008, 07:46 PM
Permission + plywood to prevent ruts. Doesn't matter if you kill the grass but if you make ruts you will hear fuss.

NewHorizon's Land
08-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I used o motorized buggy the other day on a "wheelbarrow only" job. It worked great we got 6 tons of stone spread in about 3 hours. By wheelbarrow it would have take at least 2.5 times that. It is a little bigger than 4' and holds almost a cu yd. Rental works was $125 a day with tax

PerfiCut L&L
08-05-2008, 07:45 AM
Some good suggestions, thanks.

We're gonna lean towards the conveyers but if pricing becomes an issue we'll fall back onto motorized wheelbarrow & plywood option.

Thanks guys.

hardscaper
08-14-2008, 05:57 PM
We have a patio project which provides an access problem. On one side of the house there is only about an 8' setback from the property line. 4' of that is consumed by the AC units. The front is blocked by telephone and cable boxes, so this side is out of the question, unless we intrude on the nighbors property. The other side has the same setback except there is about a 20 degree slope prohibiting the use of any machinery.

The plan, hopefuly is that the nieghbor will allow us acces through their yard, and in return of course we will repair and replace all damaged areas with sod.

I have not spoken with that homeowner yet but plan to tomorrow.

Just wondering what others experience is with this type of situation.

We will have about 30Tons of fill, and 17 Pallets of wall and paver stones to move to the back yard. Heck it will take 3 days just to shuttle it by wheel barrow if thats what we have to do.

You thoughts? suggestions?

Simple get one of these, 34" wide, 1800 pound capacity, tracked, 1/2 days workhttp://www.easternfarmmachinery.com/scripts/catalog.pl?F=D&K=VC140C1380RI&V=Brief&R=H%2FCatalog%3AIndustrial%3ATracked%20Dumpers&ID=0515132414647131182

Majesticman
08-17-2008, 11:46 PM
We use a local crane on those jobs. We try to stay away from them but if times are skinny you gotta do what you gotta do. Stay out of other yards is the best policy.