PDA

View Full Version : Grasses In Common Bermuda

RWear
08-02-2008, 06:18 PM
Will MSMA kill fescue grass (not weeds) in my common bermuda? If not, what can I use to control these grasses coming up in my bermuda

Hogjaw
08-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Don't know if bermuda will go completely dormant in your area. If so, and only after the bermuda is completely dormant, you can spray roundup on the fescue.

Again, ONLY after bermuda is COMPLETELY dormant!

kbrashears
08-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Will MSMA kill fescue grass (not weeds) in my common bermuda? If not, what can I use to control these grasses coming up in my bermuda.

1. No.
2. Revolver

ted putnam
08-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Corsair (Chlorsulfuron) is another option.

greendoctor
08-03-2008, 02:52 AM
Two applications of simazine + Image will kill most weedy grasses in bermuda. Add MSMA to this if goosegrass is a problem. Do not apply this too soon after the bermuda is emerging from dormancy or within a month of it going dormant. You can also use atrazine on bermuda that is completely dormant. The atrazine is not a good idea on growing bermuda, too harsh.

hmartin
08-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Are you having trouble with fescue now? All the fescue in my area looks almost dead. Does the lawn have too much shade for the common bermuda to be healthy?

Around here, fescue is clumpy in a bermuda lawn. A little round-up might be the cheapest and easiest way to get rid of it. Frequent close mowing and fertilzer will usually wipe out fescue this far south.