PDA

View Full Version : RedMax 7001 Craps out under warantee!

Whitey4
08-03-2008, 12:02 AM
OK, misleading post title... it's a Husky, but it's the same unit as as the RedMax 7001. Since it was under warrantee, I didn't mess with it and went to the dealer. The guy at the counter said "Wow, these things NEVER come back!"

They took a quick look.... there was a small piece of metal that found it's way into the spark plug gap somehow. It was causing a short. How a small piece of metal found it's way in there is a mystery, but when even the dealer is shocked by a 7001 having a problem..... what does that say about how good these machines are?

Within 5 minutes I was in and out, and this blower continues to kick arse. I saw that one fella's post about comparing blowers, and it was well done, but based on specs alone. I'm a solo, and this is my only blower. When I get that kind or real reaction, near shock, from my dealer about this machine having a problem.... and find out it was a fluke problem... well, this is one unit I have no regrets about buying.

I can blow leaves out of a mulched bed without blowing out the mulch... excellent power control. Powerful enough to blow leaves out from under a raised deck, even from enclosed corners.

Just one small solo's thoughts.... these machines are great.

clay duncan
08-03-2008, 12:13 AM
just curious, is it an eb7001 or the eb7001 (strato charged) one. i had a eb7001 blower that was awesome but they dont make it anymore, everything is strato charged now and i have a feeling based on other strato charged equipment that they are not as good.........

Whitey4
08-03-2008, 12:30 AM
It's a new machine... bought this spring, so it's strato charged. I'm a newbie to the biz but my dealer sells RedMax and Husky.... these blowers are identical excepting for the color. My dealer is very upfront.... and they were shocked that I brought back an under warrantee machine. This is a big outfit.... the largest full service (equipment, fert, mulch, controls, plants and trees, dumping scales, etc) on Long Island. I'm small potatoes, but they treat me like gold.

Mike's LawnCare Landscape
08-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I think the redmax 7001 is a last years model (But I still found a new one 2 weeks ago) the 2008 model is the 7100 model and it has the strato charged . I think but not for sure !
PS my Redmax 7001 is the best one on the trailer:weightlifter:

J&R Landscaping
08-09-2008, 10:07 PM
I bought an EBZ7001 last fall. Its a good machine with good power but sometimes it can be a pain to start.