PDA

View Full Version : Questions for redoing a intelrock driveway.

scenicexcellence
08-02-2008, 11:42 PM
I don't have pictures yet but i can tomorrow if need be.

The customer has hired me to take out their interlock and level tamp and then reinstall.

the reason being is that the driveway is 30 years old and is heaving a bit from where the van parks. the base is about 3 feet deep already so no need to take it all out.

The customer wants me to use stone chips. Better drainage.

Shoudl i use a 700 pound reversable tamper on the base material after leveling. then after laying block use 19 inch plate tamper or should i just use the 19 inch plate tamper?

I have the job on tuesday to do so i would like some quick replies if you have suggestions.

zedosix
08-03-2008, 10:14 AM
since the base is quite deep i would use a wacker 6055 unit, rent them at battlefield equipment. It will certainly do the job, then use the smalller wacker or whatever you would use to compact the brick.

scenicexcellence
08-05-2008, 04:19 PM
so i have started the job and will post the pics when finished i didnt get pics before the driveway was up, as my workers had it started before i could get them. i am waiting for the rain to stop so i can go back tomorrow and finish the job about 2 to 3 hours left got to finish laying the interlock, sand and tamp.

scenicexcellence
08-07-2008, 10:52 PM
ok so i did the job and we noticed it had a bit of a dip in it. reason being was we tried to level up to new sidewalk, did not use enough stone chips
I am going back tomorrow to fix the dip as it rained and there was a bit of water collection there.
I charged 1050 dollars for the job and the customer ended up paying 1200.00
there was 370 square feet. I charged this much to take up and reinstall same bricks. Not sure if this is what the rate is or if i was even close, i think i was lower then everyone around here cause as soon as i told himt he price he said right away go ahead when can you get it done and if you have it done by the end of the week i will give you a bonus.

so what do you guys charge for doing this type of work?

zedosix
08-08-2008, 11:19 AM
ok so i did the job and we noticed it had a bit of a dip in it. reason being was we tried to level up to new sidewalk, did not use enough stone chips
I am going back tomorrow to fix the dip as it rained and there was a bit of water collection there.
I charged 1050 dollars for the job and the customer ended up paying 1200.00
there was 370 square feet. I charged this much to take up and reinstall same bricks. Not sure if this is what the rate is or if i was even close, i think i was lower then everyone around here cause as soon as i told himt he price he said right away go ahead when can you get it done and if you have it done by the end of the week i will give you a bonus.

so what do you guys charge for doing this type of work?

You can come and fix my driveway too!

scenicexcellence
08-08-2008, 04:54 PM
lol

so how much should i be charging for this type of work?

Help me out here as i under price myself, i mean i am happy with what i am getting, I always wonder though why they jump on my price right away with no thinking involved?

PatriotLandscape
08-09-2008, 01:08 PM
in the 4k range depending on a lot of factors