PDA

View Full Version : football starts tonight !

AI Inc
08-03-2008, 07:43 AM
Yep, only meaningless preseason , but its still football.
Hall of fame game Canton Oh 8pm Indy vs Washington?

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!

AI Inc
08-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!

Our first game is this Thursday night.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-03-2008, 09:29 AM
All Super Bowl talk in BIG D right now. Anything less would be considered a failure. Still need to find one more receiver and a couple of good off line backups. other than that this team is loaded. If Adam Jones comes through and Tank Johnson we could be pretty good. Tough schedule though. Not like that cupcake schedule the Pats have.
Barb you love football what are you thinking?

A-1 have you given up on the SOX this season?

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-03-2008, 09:31 AM
im glad the sox got rid of manny..

AI Inc
08-03-2008, 09:32 AM

Me too , let him cry elsewhere. I do like this Jason Bay kid.
Unfourtunatly Im still dealing with the wife moaping around like a little kid that lost his puppy ever since the trade.

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 09:34 AM
Ohhhh, so Manny leaves town, and it's "who cares about baseball?"

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-03-2008, 09:35 AM
Me too , let him cry elsewhere. I do like this Jason Bay kid.
Unfourtunatly Im still dealing with the wife moaping around like a little kid that lost his puppy ever since the trade.

She has a good memory and recognizes Manny was a provider. Two WS Cships. Speak for themselves. His number should be retired along side Ted and Yaz.

AI Inc
08-03-2008, 09:36 AM
No, even when the pats are hot , this is still a baseball town. I was never a baseball fan untill I met my current GF. she,s a sox nut. I played football and hocky in school so they were always my 2 sports , but I kinda lost interest in hocky at the last walkout. That and too many teams I dont know or care about.

Football I can watch 2 teams I dont even like, I cant say that about any other sport.

DanaMac
08-03-2008, 09:42 AM

Yup. It would be like any employee talking about how I don't deserve to have him around. I love what he did for the Sox, he was incredible in bringing 2 WS Rings, but it was time to go.

I like Bay as well. He'll be a supporting player instead of a headline maker. Papi may suffer a tiny bit, as they MAY give him a free pass to get to Bay until he proves he can rake there.

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 10:11 AM
From top player for the Pirates, to supporting player for the Sox - shows what a difference there is between big and small markets.

Dirty Water
08-03-2008, 11:12 AM
Go Hawkes.

:)

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Go Sonics! (to Oklahoma)

bicmudpuppy
08-03-2008, 12:14 PM
The kids scrimage two weeks from yesterday...........Screw the greedy bastards, I'll stick to HS football with some college thrown in*trucewhiteflag*

My favorite teams don't play on TV

Dirty Water
08-03-2008, 01:09 PM
Go Sonics! (to Oklahoma)

You mean the Oklahoma City Stealers?

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Gee, and it seems like only yesterday that it was Jack Sikma and 'Downtown' Freddie Brown were lighting it up. (along with Gus Williams and a young Dennis Johnson)

bblawncare
08-03-2008, 02:37 PM
All Super Bowl talk in BIG D right now. Anything less would be considered a failure. Still need to find one more receiver and a couple of good off line backups. other than that this team is loaded. If Adam Jones comes through and Tank Johnson we could be pretty good. Tough schedule though. Not like that cupcake schedule the Pats have.
Barb you love football what are you thinking?

I am thinking that if I do not stop working so much I will end up sleeping through the entire football season. I love this time of year simply because of football, but right now I am working so many hours and am so tired I end up going to sleep if I sit still too long. I've got another month before the real football action starts so hopefully I can scale back a little and enjoy.

I am a Notre Dame fan (born & raised in South Bend, IN) so I am hopeful we will have a better year...

As for the NFL, I just love good, competitive games. I have the Sunday Ticket Superfan with Directv and keep 2 tv's in my living room. On one tv I have the channel with multiple games and then on the other I have whatever game interests me most. The different "color codes" on the multiple game channel alerts me to other action I may want to tune in to temporarily. My remote gets a workout on Sundays.

I am very anxious to see what happens this year-how the rookies fare, who's the biggest surprise, biggest disappointment...

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 02:42 PM
Screw football, I'm watching my beloved hydroplanes racing on Lake Washington today,
something I've done since 1953.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-03-2008, 04:34 PM
I am thinking that if I do not stop working so much I will end up sleeping through the entire football season. I love this time of year simply because of football, but right now I am working so many hours and am so tired I end up going to sleep if I sit still too long. I've got another month before the real football action starts so hopefully I can scale back a little and enjoy.

I am a Notre Dame fan (born & raised in South Bend, IN) so I am hopeful we will have a better year...

As for the NFL, I just love good, competitive games. I have the Sunday Ticket Superfan with Directv and keep 2 tv's in my living room. On one tv I have the channel with multiple games and then on the other I have whatever game interests me most. The different "color codes" on the multiple game channel alerts me to other action I may want to tune in to temporarily. My remote gets a workout on Sundays.

I am very anxious to see what happens this year-how the rookies fare, who's the biggest surprise, biggest disappointment...

You are deep into it. Aggie football and the big rivalry games in College for me. I DVr everything, wait an hour or so and then watch it skipping all commercials and huddles. I can usually get through a game in less than 2 hours. Nobody will watch with me though because I drive them crazy with the remote, jumping back and forth plus rewatching plays in slo-mo.

The Big 12 will be awesome this year. We are loaded with QBs. Mizzou is a big fav around here for the National Championship. QB went to a local HS. May throw one bad pass the whole game.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Screw football, I'm watching my beloved hydroplanes racing on Lake Washington today,
something I've done since 1953.

You are definitely an off the beaten path kind of guy. How does one get hooked on hydroplaning?

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 05:14 PM
You are definitely an off the beaten path kind of guy. How does one get hooked on hydroplaning?

You grow up with it. Seattle invented hydroplane racing in 1950 with WWII
fighter plane engines. Our heros were the drivers, we had no football, baseball
or basketball; still don't, so we love to watch the "Thunderboats". We made
models of hydros & towed them around behind our bikes. :)

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 05:24 PM
models of hydros & towed them around behind our bikes. :).....and it has nothing to do with biting the bubbles in the bathtub.....

Dirty Water
08-03-2008, 06:10 PM
models of hydros & towed them around behind our bikes. :)

I watched a couple of heats earlier today. We were going to out and watch the races and the Blue Angels but I didn't feel like fighting the huge crowds with my kids.

I saw an impressive flip and wipeout earlier today. Back in the day, the driver wouldn't walk away from that.

Waterit
08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Gee, and it seems like only yesterday that it was Jack Sikma and 'Downtown' Freddie Brown were lighting it up. (along with Gus Williams and a young Dennis Johnson)

Good to see Gus get some props - he starred on my HS basketball team. As did his little brother, another All-Star, Ray (Knicks).

Waterit
08-03-2008, 06:15 PM
We were going to out and watch the Blue Angels.

And here you want to vote off FLA - we are the HOME of the Blue Angels, Pensacola NAS.

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Back in the day, the driver wouldn't walk away from that.

I saw that too, like NASCAR, they had to engineer survivors.

Dirty Water
08-03-2008, 06:43 PM
And here you want to vote off FLA - we are the HOME of the Blue Angels, Pensacola NAS.

They were practicing on Friday in the same vicinity as my office, I work in a high rise, and it was very strange to see a jet fly by almost level with my office window.

Waterit
08-03-2008, 06:50 PM
They were practicing on Friday in the same vicinity as my office, I work in a high rise, and it was very strange to see a jet fly by almost level with my office window.

When home, they practice Tuesday and Thursday from 9-11 and again from 2-4. We spent about 2 years in a subdivision that's near the end of their runway, if talking, you'd have to pause until they fly by. Seems at times they are trimming the tree-tops, and it is certainly loud - the sound of Freedom!

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 06:51 PM

O.K, but one of the Angels was from Washington.

Waterit
08-03-2008, 08:24 PM
The pilots themselves are from all over the US, as is the rest of the team.

They have some very high standards and qualifications to be on the team in ANY position (ground support, logistics, mechanics, etc.). One has to be invited to join - very elitist.

Kinda like here.

AI Inc
08-04-2008, 07:28 AM

No , sox will always be in the mix. The whole Manny thing had the clubhouse a wreck. He was turning into a cancer. Im sure we have all had an employee or two like that in the past. The guy who always badmouths and wants to bring everyone else around him down.

They did the trade and then swept the A,s , Sat night was a 12-2 womping.

AI Inc
08-04-2008, 07:32 AM
The pilots themselves are from all over the US, as is the rest of the team.

They have some very high standards and qualifications to be on the team in ANY position (ground support, logistics, mechanics, etc.). One has to be invited to join - very elitist.

Kinda like here.

When I was akid (18) I speant one spring redoing the expansion joints on the runways at Patrick air force base in Sattelite beach FLA . The thunderbirds would land there quite ofton. Some impressive dudes.

AI Inc
08-16-2008, 07:49 AM
Patirots sign ex denver broncos saftey John Lynch to 1 yr deal.

Wet_Boots
08-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Screw football - come back in September. How is Jason Bay working out?

AI Inc
08-16-2008, 08:37 AM

Real good , we scored 41 runs in that series against the rangers.

TONTAGE
08-16-2008, 08:46 AM

gotta love it.......on a side note the yankees do keep falling.fell to the royals last night.it does seem that jeter will be golfing........again.....come october

DanaMac
08-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Patirots sign ex denver broncos saftey John Lynch to 1 yr deal.

Lynch is much like the Seau signing from last year or the year before. he'll be used in specialty packages but not much more. he won't be an impact player anymore. he was great here with the Broncos, but he wouldn't have had much playing time here anymore.

DanaMac
08-16-2008, 09:58 AM

I like Bay. Just goes about his business. doesn't cause a fuss.

Manny is hitting .450+ since moving to LA. Why couldn't he just shut the hell up and do his job in Boston without whining every year.

Wet_Boots
08-16-2008, 10:06 AM
I guess it's another salary drive for Manny

DanaMac
08-16-2008, 10:13 AM
I guess it's another salary drive for Manny

Last I heard he wants 4 years $100mil. I don't know if he'll get it. But the options that Boston held we $20 mill each the next two years. I'm glad he's gone, but I'm also glad we had him for so long. He was absolutely a big part of our Sox winning two Series.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-16-2008, 10:20 AM

Says a lot more about Ranger pitching:cry: than Sox hitting.:weightlifter: Name two pitchers on the Rangers.:confused:

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Pats defense will be pathetic this year. Lynch is so washed up.

LawnTamer
08-16-2008, 11:31 AM
I hate pre-season football. I wish they would do away with it. You get all excited to see a game, and the teams treat the games like a big practice scrimmage. I like college, where from the first kick off, it all counts.

Dirty Water
08-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Nobody wants to get hurt when the game doesn't count.

Preseason games give the rookies a chance to play, and lets the coach see who has potential.

That said, Seahawks are going to make it 2-0 today against the bears.

AI Inc
08-17-2008, 07:26 AM
I hate pre-season football. I wish they would do away with it. You get all excited to see a game, and the teams treat the games like a big practice scrimmage. I like college, where from the first kick off, it all counts.

Next week ( week 3 ) is the week most of the starters will stay in the game for 3/4. I used to watch a lot of colledge football. If I bet , its on CF , whats supposed to happen, happens.