PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36

rzero1123
08-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Hi guys I'm Ray I own a lawn care service here in plattsburgh NY known as Ray's Lawn & Gardening Services been in the lawn care business for my self for 10yrs w /over 20 yrs in the field I'm new to posting but have been checking out lawnsite.com for a few years now & wanted to see if any one has used the quick 36 by better that is on this site i have a large number of condo units and in need of a walk behind any feed back on this unit :waving:

Lakewlc
08-03-2008, 09:47 AM
ive been looking for a used one in ct. but no luck yet.

LarryF
08-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Hi guys I'm Ray I own a lawn care service here in plattsburgh NY known as Ray's Lawn & Gardening Services been in the lawn care business for my self for 10yrs w /over 20 yrs in the field I'm new to posting but have been checking out lawnsite.com for a few years now & wanted to see if any one has used the quick 36 by better that is on this site i have a large number of condo units and in need of a walk behind any feed back on this unit :waving:

You might have better luck finding one if you used the LawnSite forum dedicated to buying and selling. That is the FREE Equipment & Parts Marketplace forum. FREE, of course, pertains to only the advertising, not the equipment.

rzero1123
08-03-2008, 12:39 PM
just checking to see if any one owns one it looks like a nice machine but no dealers? just ship to your door & fix your self it looks like

rzero1123
08-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Thanks Larry I'll check it out

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Ray - I own the Quick 36 Ninja (15HP Kaw model) and love it. Best points: light/compact, super cut (excellent striping), plenty of power, value for the buck.

Yes, no dealers...but that is why you are saving multiple thousands of dollars. I am not terribly mechanically adept by any means, but the Quick machine is very simple to repair/do maint. on. There is an online video library on Better's site that has all the basic repairs on it.

If you require a dual hydro machine, check out the new Quick Dually line:)

david shumaker
08-03-2008, 01:03 PM
If you have the extra money, get the dual hydro. I've got the 32" single hydro. It's a good mower, but single hydro will wear you out sooner.

rzero1123
08-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I was checking out the dual hydro quick 36 . thanks for the info guys just what i wanted to know

Whitey4
08-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Spent two of the best years of my life in P Burg.... at the now closed Air Force base. So, I know the area. DO NOT buy a single hyrdo for Plattsburgh terrain! WAY to many hills! The single hydro Quick is better on flats, but on slopes it's a beitch! They have the new 36" dual hydro now.... that is the machine to get! Being here on the flats of LI, my Quick single hydro is fine.... but NO WAY would I use it in P Burg!

I can bust a knuckle just by looking at a wrench, but the Quick units are easy to maintain. I just wish some of the grease fittings were easier to get to, but that's my only small complaint as far as maintaining the machine.

rzero1123
08-03-2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks Whitey the new dual hydro looks like what i need. The consumer feed back looks good & yes P Burgh it is to hilly.

david shumaker
08-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Spent two of the best years of my life in P Burg.... at the now closed Air Force base. So, I know the area. DO NOT buy a single hyrdo for Plattsburgh terrain! WAY to many hills! The single hydro Quick is better on flats, but on slopes it's a beitch! They have the new 36" dual hydro now.... that is the machine to get! Being here on the flats of LI, my Quick single hydro is fine.... but NO WAY would I use it in P Burg!

I can bust a knuckle just by looking at a wrench, but the Quick units are easy to maintain. I just wish some of the grease fittings were easier to get to, but that's my only small complaint as far as maintaining the machine.

Whitney is right, the single hydro is not good if you are mowing slopes. I have a 36" Exmark Walk Behind belt drive and it is better on slopes than my Quick 32".

Whitey4
08-03-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks Whitey the new dual hydro looks like what i need. The consumer feed back looks good & yes P Burgh it is to hilly.

BTW.... is the Monopole still there? I tied on quite a few in that joint.... and lost a lot of foozball games! Do they still put green dye in the draught beer on St Paddy's day? And serve green popcorn? Ah, those were the days.... and trips to Whiteface for some skiiing. Ice fishing at Rouse's Point.... and trips over to Burlington that had TONS of women in the two colleges over there. It wasn't all good.... worst black fly season on the planet up there...

rzero1123
08-04-2008, 06:35 PM
Whitey, yes the monopole is still there and they do put green dye in the beer on st paddy's day & green popcorn. we've all tied one on their, great place to drink & good pizza too. not much change around here it's just as you remembered