PDA

View Full Version : Tire Slime

mtcjb
08-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Has anyone tried to use this stuff for a tire leaking at the rim? I have been told that it will work but just don't see how personally. May just have to put a tube in it but hate to go that route.

Thanks

GravelyNut
08-03-2008, 09:21 AM
For a rim leak, it is best to take the tire off the equipment and shake it while horizontal. But yes, it will work.

seabee1
08-03-2008, 09:34 AM
that's just what it is ,if you ever had to repair a tire that had it ,you would charge extra ,clean the wheel bead area up use a mounted wire wheel and clean up the bead sealing surface . i use a product called freylube it it a rust prevent:nono:er and tire bead conditioner ,and it lube's the tire to make it go back on easier . if it's that bad put a tube in it ,but those tire sealer's are a mess .

ropinghorns
08-03-2008, 09:44 AM
I use it in my bobcat tires. It works ok, but is messy to fix a flat on a big punchure whole.

topsites
08-03-2008, 11:01 AM
No, I would never use any liquid in an automotive tire except maybe in case of a dire emergency,
the problem is the liquid / slime will throw that tire off balance and can create serious vibrations
(shaking) at highway speeds.

It's not just driveability, wheel shaking can knock all sorts of other things loose and out of whack.
I would have that looked after by a mechanic, a tire leaking at the rim may be due to it being bent
or having been hit, not trying to scare you but it might need replacing now it might be an easy fix
having to do with the tire not sealing properly too.