PDA

View Full Version : Who provided more useful knowledge?

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Kiril for all his high minded annoying academia was a library of useful knowledge.

Boots is okay if you need electrical help/backflow/pump stuff. Some of his irrigation solutions were cheesy in my opinion. Since it was suggested we have a Survivor style vote off I've decided to start one and be the first to cast.

I'd vote Boots off my island.

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 09:07 AM
** glug glug **

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-03-2008, 09:13 AM
I like them both.

although I will say Kiril backs his BS up with numbers...

DanaMac
08-03-2008, 09:56 AM
I'd vote off Boots for the nasty manifolds with 30 valves in a box. :)

I'd vote off Kiril because his educational explanations give me a headache ;)

And I'd vote myself off for being a cranky b@stard again :laugh:

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 10:10 AM
And I'd vote myself off for being a cranky b@stard again :laugh:

I'll go too, my head still hurts. :dizzy:

Dirty Water
08-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I say we vote off Florida.

DanaMac
08-03-2008, 10:15 AM

Sounds good, they don't know how to vote properly anyhow.

Waterit
08-03-2008, 10:17 AM

HEY! That ain't right, some of us really do try to do the right thing down here.

How about ML for his insane loyalty to WM solenoids?

Boots for his thread-jumping and evasive answers?

Kiril makes my head hurt, too.

Vote me off, not for being from FL, but for being dumb enough 27 years ago to choose irrigation as an occupation.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Well I'm glad Texas survived the first round of vote-offs.

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I already thought Texas got voted off.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-03-2008, 11:16 AM
Vote me off, not for being from FL, but for being dumb enough 27 years ago to choose irrigation as an occupation.

In hind-site what would you have done instead? I contemplate that question a lot. Henry my 24 year old super assistant is struggling with this issue now. He is LI and makes great money for his age. More than all his recently graduated college buddies. Not sure if he wants irrigation as a lifetime career and is at the now or never point with his parents on going to college. I'm not sure how to advise him. This is a tough, hot business. Selfishly I want him to stay but I care enough about him that I want for him something not quite as brutal as irrigation work his whole life.

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-03-2008, 11:17 AM

Missed the memo:cry:

bicmudpuppy
08-03-2008, 11:20 AM
I want the "boot" for being insane enough to not only choose this as a career, BUT for ENJOYING it!!

I want more criteria for voting. In up to my *ss on a must fix, you can pick two and only two, I want Boots and Dana in the muck with me. If we can go back and pick on those who aren't as active anymore, Haze is going to make me make a hard choice between the three of them. Fimco is on the list to chose from in my book, Mike too. I haven't been active enough lately for some of these newer guys, and I hope any that didn't make that short list aren't offended. (If you are, I don't really care, but.......)

And, on that note, where is Tony? Dana needs another cranky bastard to balance against.

Waterit
08-03-2008, 12:20 PM
In hind-site what would you have done instead?

Gone to college and pursued some worthless corporate job - that'd've pleased my parents and driven me to going postal. Realized I was ADHD and easily bored at an early working age (19) and chose the Great Outdoors for my arena. I get to do some engineering, get a workout, and go to a different location nearly every day. It would drive me nuts to go to the same office/store/factory every day - we spend more than a week on a job and I'm ready to go start something new.

I contemplate that question a lot. Henry my 24 year old super assistant is struggling with this issue now. He is LI and makes great money for his age. More than all his recently graduated college buddies. Not sure if he wants irrigation as a lifetime career and is at the now or never point with his parents on going to college. I'm not sure how to advise him. This is a tough, hot business. Selfishly I want him to stay but I care enough about him that I want for him something not quite as brutal as irrigation work his whole life.

What's Henry's earnings potential in this game, vs. what his buddies might achieve? To me the most important things are being able to feed and house my family in a comfortable manner, have some spare change for new toys, and be happy or at least content with what I do.

::::But Mr. Natural, what about the goldfish?::::

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 12:32 PM
When I got into irrigation, I figured it would be another gig (of many) I'd grow tired of;
never did. There we're ups & downs, still are, but it was a great ride.

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Screw the goldfish. Let 'em get a lobbyist.

lowvolumejeff
08-03-2008, 03:40 PM
In hind-site what would you have done instead? I contemplate that question a lot. Henry my 24 year old super assistant is struggling with this issue now. He is LI and makes great money for his age. More than all his recently graduated college buddies. Not sure if he wants irrigation as a lifetime career and is at the now or never point with his parents on going to college. I'm not sure how to advise him. This is a tough, hot business. Selfishly I want him to stay but I care enough about him that I want for him something not quite as brutal as irrigation work his whole life.

Tell him to get an education ! Jeff

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Tell him to get an education ! Jeff

Great! Then he could be a rep.

Dirty Water
08-03-2008, 05:12 PM
And, on that note, where is Tony? Dana needs another cranky bastard to balance against.

I believe Tony sold his business this year, and is probably out hiking with the girlfriend :)

FIMCO-MEISTER
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I believe Tony sold his business this year, and is probably out hiking with the girlfriend :)

Sells cars now I believe.

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Salesman of the month, too. Wonder if he returned from the celebratory bender :drinkup:

DanaMac
08-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Salesman of the month, too. Wonder if he returned from the celebratory bender :drinkup:

I don't know. The clown never calls me. Probably selling more than we imagine and now he's better than us :) Hobb Nobbing with some big wigs.

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 05:38 PM
I don't know.

I'd rather be in the sprinkler biz, than auto sales.

DanaMac
08-03-2008, 05:44 PM
I'd rather be in the sprinkler biz, than auto sales.

Same here, but I also don't have two kids to feed. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm also in the process (again) of thinking what else I may want to do. Or how else to own/run the business. I am too pissed off again and complain too effing often.

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 05:45 PM
I'd rather be in the sprinkler biz, than auto sales.Wouldn't you love to have a Hummer dealership now?

txgrassguy
08-03-2008, 08:59 PM
I'd say the hell with the island - just hit it with some jellied fuel weapons like napalm and listen to the fat burn.
That and cold beer works for me.

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 09:02 PM
There you have it. Obviously the island has weapons of mass destruction, and must be neutralized.

hoskm01
08-03-2008, 09:05 PM
I thought they weren't even invited.