PDA

View Full Version : Hey Boots>>>>

CAPT Stream Rotar
08-03-2008, 03:17 PM
Will owning my own amp meter really help me trouble shoot Joe Homeowner.

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Not as much as it used to, with smarter controllers telling you about shorts. Just for general usage, a cheap clamparound meter is good to have. But on irrigation, it's been a few years since I needed to measure current draws of solenoids (thank goodness I didn't install W*M)

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 03:51 PM
But on irrigation, it's been a few years since I needed to measure current draws of solenoids (thank goodness I didn't install W*M)

::::Install W*M, buy a Fluke meter:::::cry::hammerhead::dizzy:

hoskm01
08-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Will owning my own amp meter really help me trouble shoot Joe Homeowner.
The boss wont get you one?

ZX12R
08-03-2008, 10:36 PM
"(thank goodness I didn't install W*M)"

I noticed Weathermatic takes a lot of flack from the pros here. Do the majority of you think their products are junk and/or cheaply made? Just curious cause my neighbor just had 8 zones put in,a mix of rotors and spray heads.....all weathermatic.

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Bad valve solenoids are enough to make me glad I wasn't installing W*M - they actually had to come up with a new solenoid shape and part number, because they had so thoroughly messed up the existing one.

ZX12R
08-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Ok,interesting....you know their stuff even looks cheap.I will never buy Weathermatic thanks to you guys. *trucewhiteflag*

Wet_Boots
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Count back over a decade, and W*M was brass valves and brass heads and solid all the way. Plastic valves were okay, too. Plastic heads were all me-too items.

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Ok,interesting....you know their stuff even looks cheap.I will never buy Weathermatic thanks to you guys. *trucewhiteflag*

After Imperial,W*M made the coolest valves on the planet until the solenoid problem.Smartline controller is as sophisticated as medium end clocks can be.

ZX12R
08-03-2008, 11:04 PM
So,their smartline controller is a good,solid product that your would use at your own home?

Mike Leary
08-03-2008, 11:19 PM
So,their smartline controller is a good,solid product that your would use at your own home?

I like it , has some very neat features. I've only got two seasons on it; so far, so good. I think they've got the solenoid problem handled; almost put the company under.

ZX12R
08-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Damn!..It was that bad? So their products of today are good and you are just reluctant in using them?

Mike Leary
08-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Damn!..It was that bad? So their products of today are good and you are just reluctant in using them?

Nope, I still spec them, I like those valves, plus I have a little side deal
with the solenoid manufacturers in Mexico.