PDA

View Full Version : Drive and Seedzone

Athletic field
08-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Has anyone used Drive and Seedzone together? Wondering on compatibility and how well it works?

lawn king
08-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Full rate drive, 1/3 rate speedzone works very well.

Athletic field
08-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks lawn king. I was wondering if you went 1/3 rate of seedzone, would that technically be going off label?

coiclawn
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
You can always go below the label rate.

robertsturf
08-04-2008, 04:51 PM
You need to check with your local DOA or whoever governs your industry in that state and see if going below label rate violates any laws. In Missouri it does.

grassman177
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
why mix those two if you can buy Q4. much easier and there is synergistic effects from this unlike your mixing them. they have spent serious time and money perfecting just the right ratios of chemicals. try it, it is very good and turf is very tolerant of it too!!! you must use a surfactant to get control however due tot he water based nature of the product. but hey, li700 or equivalent is cheap!!!!!!!!!!!

EA Quinn
08-05-2008, 07:00 PM
this time of year you definately want to be using Q4 or be mixing drive and surge(essentially making Q4). You will smoke too much turf now because the speedzone is too hot with the hot soil and day time temps. After labor day ill switch back to the speedzone but this time of the year its not the best of ideas.

robertsturf
08-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Q4 is in inferior product. The nutsedge control is for supression and Drive has limitations on when it can be used as far as the stage of growth.

humble1
08-05-2008, 11:02 PM
why mix those two if you can buy Q4. much easier and there is synergistic effects from this unlike your mixing them. they have spent serious time and money perfecting just the right ratios of chemicals. try it, it is very good and turf is very tolerant of it too!!! you must use a surfactant to get control however due tot he water based nature of the product. but hey, li700 or equivalent is cheap!!!!!!!!!!!

q4 is rup in MA plus its expensive

mngrassguy
08-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Never heard of Seedzone. Is it new?:laugh:

lilmarvin4064
08-06-2008, 08:54 AM

I have mixed Speedzone w/ Drive, and sprayed at 85deg, no problems, great results. The main reason I do this is because you can reseed all cool season grasses within 1 week. With Q4 you must wait 4 weeks!

TforTexas
08-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Never heard of Seedzone. Is it new?:laugh:

I've used Drive in the seedzone. It's labeled for pre-emergant control of chickweed in seeded BG/Rye or Fescue areas!:dancing:

mngrassguy
08-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Google it. No such thing as Seedzone.:dizzy: Maybe you mean Speedzone?