PDA

View Full Version : Gravely Superstriper

kabrac
08-03-2008, 03:41 PM
Does anyone out there have/use a Gravely Superstiper push mower. How much are they and your opinions on them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

olde_blue
08-03-2008, 11:36 PM
Diddo. Also, how much do they cost and can they handle side slopes? Are they available in the USA (this type of mower seems more popular in Europe)?

kabrac
08-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Got a quote in today from my Gravely dealer. It will cost $1,100 for one (about $400 more than what I thought one would cost). Can only be used on new or fine quality lawns, which I knew anyway. I just don't know about $1,100. They need to make push mowers with stripers on them. I sure you could get some and wel/bolt them on but I don't really know about all that.

tlb9596
08-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Eastman makes one but they're like $1100 also. VERY nice machine though, probably nicer than the Gravely.

brucec32
08-07-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm also waiting to hear from an actual user.

The brochure says "...Honda engine....effortlessly propels the superstriper accross the terrain".

So is it self-propelled or truely "push" ?

kabrac
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
It is a push, but it only weighs 60 pounds.

ALC-GregH
08-07-2008, 05:39 PM
I'd like to see the end results after mowing with one.

txgrassguy
08-07-2008, 06:03 PM
The Harriet mower imported through Seagrove (same people importing the Allen brand hover mower) is a much, much, much better mower than the Gravely unit.
I used the Harriet's to mow the par 3 tees on a golf course I maintained because with all of the divot holes and sand necessary to fill I noticed accelerated wear on my tri-plexes bed knives.
Cuts to 1/2" very well, the huge rear roller stripes well, is self propelled and the rotary blade sharpens just like any other 21" blade. Plus it bags and the Gravely doesn't, or at least the one I demo'd didn't have that option.

ALC-GregH
08-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Is this the mower your speaking of?
http://www.allenmower.com/images/spirit_41_rear_roller_autodrive_main.jpg

txgrassguy
08-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Yep - that's the one.
I like them so much I am in the process of buying at least two for '09.

tlb9596
08-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I would buy an Eastman before I bought anything imported:

http://www.hovermower.com/images/mowers/st21k.jpg

www.hovermower.com

It's called the ST21K, the striping version of their commercial 21, the SP21K. VERY nice equipment, just a limited dealer network. Company has only been around since '01 or '02 I think.

txgrassguy
08-07-2008, 11:58 PM
. Company has only been around since '01 or '02 I think.
What company, Eastman?
This company, Eastman, has been marketing commercial mowers for at least 40 years I have seen. Probably one heck of a lot longer than that.
Actually longer as I have an old photograph from when I was either three or four years of age with an Eastman and it was at least ten years old then.
The Harriet line of mowers is UK based, and although I do not know exactly how long they have been around, I do know it has been at least 25 years.
I know from first hand commercial experience these mowers are well built and extremely durable,

tlb9596
08-09-2008, 02:42 PM
What company, Eastman?
This company, Eastman, has been marketing commercial mowers for at least 40 years I have seen. Probably one heck of a lot longer than that.
Actually longer as I have an old photograph from when I was either three or four years of age with an Eastman and it was at least ten years old then.
The Harriet line of mowers is UK based, and although I do not know exactly how long they have been around, I do know it has been at least 25 years.
I know from first hand commercial experience these mowers are well built and extremely durable,

maybe they came out with the Sp21 walks in '01. cant remember.