PDA

View Full Version : What's a used walkbehind blower worth???

Big Clipper
08-03-2008, 05:18 PM
How to you determine what a used piece of equipment is worth A local dealer has a 2 year old Billygoat 8 hp Honda blower up for sale. It is a small rental shop and he says it has not been used that much ,I would say by seeing it this week he is telling me the truth.This model has the metal blower housing. The asking price is $ 800.00 I checked out a new Billygoat model with the Subaru 9 hp with the plastic blower housing . This model sell for 1,050 approx .
I would rather buy what I can afford. Is this something to purchase new?

How do you figure what used equipment should be worth Is there a formula that determine a price Thanks Big Clipper

Grits
08-03-2008, 06:03 PM
He probably bought it for $800. Rental companies get everything at or below wholesale. $800 sounds high to me.

Patriot Services
08-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Rental gear is usually been abused pretty heavily but, they usually maintain them well. A buddy worked as a mechanic at shop and said when equipment starts breaking too often it's time to sell it off.:usflag:

Grits
08-03-2008, 11:50 PM
Rental gear is usually been abused pretty heavily but, they usually maintain them well. A buddy worked as a mechanic at shop and said when equipment starts breaking too often it's time to sell it off.:usflag:

This is true most of the time. However, a rental shop will sell off equipment that doesn't get rented very often, and it isn't necessarily beat to heck.

Matts lawn care
08-04-2008, 11:18 AM
Check out ebay, price sounds high 700 or 600 would be more reasonable IMO.

prizeprop
08-04-2008, 01:52 PM
How to you determine what a used piece of equipment is worth A local dealer has a 2 year old Billygoat 8 hp Honda blower up for sale. It is a small rental shop and he says it has not been used that much ,I would say by seeing it this week he is telling me the truth.This model has the metal blower housing. The asking price is $ 800.00 I checked out a new Billygoat model with the Subaru 9 hp with the plastic blower housing . This model sell for 1,050 approx .
I would rather buy what I can afford. Is this something to purchase new?

How do you figure what used equipment should be worth Is there a formula that determine a price Thanks Big ClipperI would shell over the extra $250 and buy new,one cleanup and you easily make up
the difference. If you have to replace that motor if something went wrong,probably cost you at least $700 installed.

huskres
08-04-2008, 04:34 PM
i paid 350 for my 10hp billy goat blower with a briggs on it in great shape