PDA

View Full Version : Any Help ?

JConner
08-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I am starting a small lawn care buisnes and i wanted to see if anyone could help me get some commercial accounts. I am in a very small town called inverness in Florida. I currently work for a pest control company and i want to slowly start the lawn care business until i can get certified in PC then i want to go full time on the lawn care and do little of my own PC if anyone has any input i appreciate everything.

Thanks, Justin

MowHouston
08-04-2008, 01:29 AM
I am starting a small lawn care buisnes and i wanted to see if anyone could help me get some commercial accounts. I am in a very small town called inverness in Florida. I currently work for a pest control company and i want to slowly start the lawn care business until i can get certified in PC then i want to go full time on the lawn care and do little of my own PC if anyone has any input i appreciate everything.

Thanks, Justin

The first thing I would do is start sifting through all of the information here in the "Starting a Lawn Care & Landscaping Business" forum. There are tons of other guys that have asked the same question. Personally, I dont go for commercial accounts so I cannot help you there.

Second, I've heard Florida has some mean competition. I dont know if trying to dive into commercial accounts right off the bat is the smartest thing to do. The general consensus is to start small. Work residentials and get some experience in running your own business before you go off making bids on commercial accounts.

I'm sure others will chime in, but do try searching this thread for "commercial" and I'm sure you'll get your answers faster.

MowHouston
08-04-2008, 01:32 AM
These may help"

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=240621&highlight=commercial
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=237773&highlight=commercial

JConner
08-04-2008, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the input I've been advertising in any way i can think to residential add in the paper flyers but i still only have 6 accounts everyone says that i have started late so im hoping by next year i will be in good shape i think.yes these guys are not very helpfull even the big guys are lowballers but im trying to get myself going