PDA

View Full Version : What kind of mower would you buy. Think this one through!

stevenf
08-03-2008, 11:41 PM
I was looking to upgrade my mower to either a 48" rider or a 36" Quick dually next year. My girlfriends step dad caught wind that he might be losing his job because the company he works for is getting rid of the contract men(the company worked as a middle man, made small profit, but paid guys like him to handle all of the accounts) He said if he loses his job, he will be looking to get $5k for a 6x10 trailer and a 60" JD Ztrak. The mower is a year old and has 212 hours on it. It has a 25hp Kawasaki V-twin engine.
How would you invest your money? Part of me says to go with this deal because because the mower is normally about $8,500.00 not including the trailer.
The other part is saying I can buy a 48" commercial ztr for close to the same price while building a relationship with a local dealer and haveing the first years warranty still available.
What would you do?

hackitdown
08-04-2008, 03:17 PM
I'd grab that deal for $5K

TPLawnPro
08-04-2008, 03:35 PM
I'd grab that deal for $5K

Ditto that.

brandtb1
08-04-2008, 05:09 PM
I would also get the mower from the step dad. That sounds like a good deal.

americanlawn
08-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I bought JD Ztrak 54" with 400 hours on it. It was 2 years old when I bought it on ebay a couple years, and I paid $5550. It's a 727A, and it has always mowed great with absolutely no probs. While 6x12 foot trailers are the most popular of all trailers sold, the 6x10 should be able to fit your 60" plus a trim mower. He could get more money elsewhere, so he's offering you a fine deal. I'm guessing he's also a fine stepDad. :)

I was looking to upgrade my mower to either a 48" rider or a 36" Quick dually next year. My girlfriends step dad caught wind that he might be losing his job because the company he works for is getting rid of the contract men(the company worked as a middle man, made small profit, but paid guys like him to handle all of the accounts) He said if he loses his job, he will be looking to get $5k for a 6x10 trailer and a 60" JD Ztrak. The mower is a year old and has 212 hours on it. It has a 25hp Kawasaki V-twin engine.
How would you invest your money? Part of me says to go with this deal because because the mower is normally about $8,500.00 not including the trailer.
The other part is saying I can buy a 48" commercial ztr for close to the same price while building a relationship with a local dealer and haveing the first years warranty still available.
What would you do?

stevenf
08-04-2008, 05:51 PM
Well, I made the mistake of getting my hopes up. Someone offered him $7,500.00 for the whole setup so hes giving it to him. I hate when stuff like this happens. That guy could have purchased the trailer, trimmer, and blower brand new and then got the mower for $5k. Cant say I blame him for selling it for $7,500.00.
There is a small chance I might score a year contract with two small banks at $375.00 a week. Hopefully I wont leave empty handed after both of these deals.

TPLawnPro
08-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Hang in there StevenF. Don't let this opportunity get you down Bro. Keep your chin up and do your best to make a name for yourself out there. :walking:
Many more opportunities lie ahead.

stevenf
08-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Thanks for the encouragement! What part of Louisiana are you from?

TPLawnPro
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
You bet!

We're located in Old Metairie.